It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Litecoin what do you think?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I have never followed the heard and have learned through experience to trust no one. Eventually, under certain circumstances anyone will betray their closest. Just as in nature, even a mother animal will sacrifice its offspring to predators for self survival.

Ok....Have a yourself a wonderful weekend.

edit on 17-12-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

With the transactions times and obstacles removed, the simplification of man power needed to transfer funds, and many other benefits added, I kind of feel like this is an invention that might be more important than even the invention of agriculture was. I am of the belief that we have about 4-6 months max to get into the crypto's we wish for, as afterwards it might be too high to get started with an edge.

I like the removal of government aspects more than anything else... even the personal gains. Take wiki-leaks for instance... the feds block donations to wiki-leaks so citizens have less access to the dirt they dredge up. I find that to be disgraceful that we can vote d-bags int office yet allow them to block views of transparency as they work. Well, one can donate all they want to wiki-leaks in cryptocurrency.

Yes, 2018 will be life changing for those in now. I am on the same path you are... weekly buys into crypto while eating Raman noodles now. I feel this is a once in a lifetime opportunity! I am glad we're in it and I hope for more to get involved as well. I'd even like to see a devoted section on ATS devoted to cryptocurrency knowledges.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Agree with your post, there are a few times in life where the lines are open and normal people are able to have the same advantages as people who have dedicated financial advisors. 2008 housing crash was the last real chance to get property at the "real" foreclosed prices.
Crypto is going to progress and you very well maybe right with the fact that some of the mentioned crypto's in this tread are like investing in Netflix when it was $5 a share.

I do not have huge $$$ in but I have bought every crypto after alot of research and each were under .50 cents and many were just a few cents each. But the average returns have outstripped any investments I have had in my life.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I have always felt the separation of wealth in the U.S. has always been one of it's biggest plagues... between that and tyranny of legacy, it's hard for me to decide. Well, this is the balancing of the 1%'s growing take on the % of finances in the world. You have sound strategy going for this move, and I hope you plan on doing the good I know you're capable of with it when it comes.

I am doing this to give back later. I am forming employee owned business' with the gains, setting them up to allow me to give back the gains, and I will be moving to make teachers millionaires and poor people rebuild their own areas by way of community centers linked through the web. I feel there will be way more good that comes from this than bad.

That spread technique is a great one! $100 spread throughout those Altcoins you like are worth $100k if 1,000% gains occur at any time. Litecoin alone did 8,000% last year. Altcoins will be swooping behind them in 18'. This is the kind of thing where pennies added over the next few months could be a $100... that's just insane.

Don't forget Uncle Sam either... I slide 40% gains aside to clear taxes down the road as a safe measure.

This seems like the best chance for me to switch my avatar back to stars... it will be one of the proudest moments I could experience to feel that the citizens took back power of their country from big business!

edit on 17-12-2017 by ttobban because: added comment

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I have read this is a horribly risky investment and it will be a loss. I was told the same thing in 2010 when I started a property development company with cheap (in relative terms) houses. I have been at crypto since mid Sept. And am impressed.

I really like Ripple because it is a in use "real" crypto that can and is verifiable.

Bought Stellar @ .015 cents, Ripple @.21 and Reddcoin @ .000133.

Big $$ from all 3.

And yes charitable giving that is as well researched as the crypto investments will be a must. But I will not give $$$ to ribbons or buckets that pay "CEO"'s huge bucks and only turn 10-30% of the cash to help people.

Any other coins/tokens you like?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I will take your advice on Reddcoin Stellar as well... I seen Reddcoin has a great day yesterday... good one! It seems you trek in the opposite direction of the masses, and its one of the best qualities people can have in life is to remain an indivdual... keep it up! I am getting started right around the same time you are. The next few months will be heavily rolling into them. I am in XRP @ .28, but feel it's worth $10 or more next year. I also like IOTA, NEO, & OmiseGo... but am learning of Cardano and Reddcoin from this group, thank you! If I get any ideas of what I learn more I will share it here. I am pretty good about beating the average gains on the trading market, but I've never seen 0's added to an investment so quickly.

The reason I beat averages in the trading market is because the main job is to reduce losses and take advantage of opportunity. The investments in crypto are paying for themselves, so the education needs to shift to ensuring there's a system in place to limit losses... that's my main job right now.

I am starting to learn that the best advice is to reduce the amount of time your investments are on the exchange. I will likely day trade them more than I will lock the investments up in exchanges. I will log on each session with a hardware wallet and run short term trading sessions. Sure, I will have some small investment into the exchanges I like to keep a revenue stream going, but I am no means looking to turn 100k into 10 million in 3 years. I am not trying to get caught up in a morning where I wake up and can't access my investments like in the posted stories... there's just so much to learn about how we knew of money before. This is one system I plan to know as much as possible about, as it may be one of the top 5 most important inventions of all time in a decade or so.

www.cyberscoop.com...

www.coindesk.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

IM'ed you.

That is a super ouch....

Did you lose a bunch of bitcoin from Mt. Gox? The “destination” of the digital currency from bitcoin’s most infamous theft is “definitely” known — but the finders won’t say where those coins are currently located.

Mt. Gox, the largest bitcoin exchange at the time of its headline-grabbing demise, declared bankruptcy after the theft or disappearance of 850,000 bitcoins valued at $450 million in February 2014, along with $27 million in cash. Although 200,000 were eventually found, the location of the remaining 650,000 remained unknown and the subject of much speculation over the last three years.
www.cyberscoop.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

There's also problems of the tax cheaters running scams out there too, so there is more to protect ourselves over than there is to sit back and bask in financial glory. One common scheme people looking to avoid taxes are doing is saying they've been hacked and lost all their gains in Bitcoin or whatever. They put on a little show about being so upset, but not so upset as to not protect themselves further, and they secretly access the so called stolen funds to invest further with... avoiding tax draws on funds that are supposedly stolen and not in possession of.

I would strongly advise not to hide funds under hidden email accounts, as it will likely bite those people in the hind end when the investigators can track all these moves. Those connected to criminal activity and hidden funds from say, a business' funds used to invest on personal accounts, will have all their attached assets seized. That's why I will only buy crypto with my personal credit card... never ever will a bank account be attached to this crypto market.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Good advice. The tax consequences will be neat to see in a few months. That takes a pretty good set to claim hackers and then use the $$. Who do these guys think they are Genre Electric?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Here's one example that I suspect as fraud. In the end, the hardware wallets will be our saviors for real hacking... they are essentially hack-proof. The greed aspects of people will always be around apparently, but it will take good people to learn these crypto languages to offset the intentions of the bad.

Thanks again for the Cardano tip... it's probably right up there with the way I see Ripple at this point.!

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I am on the same line of thinking as this man... minus the "click that link below" stuff, and I can't help but to think positively... I don't use negativity beyond an input to average better.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I have more home work with the hardware wallet. I will start to research and see the hows and whys.

I hope Cardano is the real deal. If you watch
Cardano's CEO he knows his stuff. I got lost at about 10-12 minutes. But It is researched and a for real coin but not in use as of yet. It is at .50 cents. I should have jumped in on Friday but such is life.
We will see if this is for real or not.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yes, I feel like I am in second grade again, and have tons to learn. Even the CEO of overstock.com is thinking of selling the business to focus on block chain real estate projects...

www.zerohedge.com...

There's too many tell tale signs to not learn the in's and out's of this. I am listening to link you put up now... I am thankful for any and all information on this subject. I will not go to sleep tonight until I get in on Cardano after that video... good find. It's similar to IOTA, but linking block chain flaws... that's not going anywhere, because these large coins will require Cardano to operate. This stuff is very fun, I must admit... I am in the last 10 minutes of it now, and am already sold on its repair capabilities.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The CEO is a beast, and knows what he is talking about. It is super technical, and I learned alot. What I really learned is now deep this pond of crypto really is and how ignorant I am on the entire subject. Live and learn.

I agree that Cardano/ADA is a for real thing and look forward to see if they can continue to grow.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

To hear how they don't even have their partial system fully implemented until mid 2018 and won't be fully deployed until 2019 was mind blowing to me. I have the Daedalus app loading up now, and am trying to get in at this .50 mark. There's just so many ways to be pulled, it's crazy.

I also started using this free trading app called Robinhood. The fees are what eat people up usually, and I started growing a dinky $150 account. I say that because that article I linked about overstock taught me that it's one of the largest online retailers that accepts bitcoin. Well, I nudged over to the stock price, and low and behold bitcoin is being spent in troves apparently at overstock with the recent gains, because it was up 11% alone on Friday. I am shifting my trade to that stock first thing in the morning. Free stock trades are another home run of a find for me...

I'd advise to stay away from the jesuscoin.network... though...

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I feel your thread should be the single focus of each and every ATS member for the next few months as these words are worth way more than just opinions at this point. I feel quite excited to be out on an island with these thoughts, and don't plan to leave this thread anytime soon. In time, when these threaded pixels lead to actual financial worth, I want to come back and thank whoever posted Cardano advice on this thread... it will be easy to send, and I am already thankful for the advice and what's to come of it!

I have plenty of patience for the process, but its been so pleasurable that its taking my focus off of the rest of my life... hahaha. I am trying to find ways to only gift crypto at holiday time...

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Yes I will not be grabbing any Jesuscoins-I get the feeling someone will be driving a free Jesuscoin Caddy to a really big free Jesuscoin House.

Crypto is pushing all sorts of things in unreal directions. Overstock is a pretty hefty company and bitcoin is pushing them to change their organization. Really unexpected.

Patrick Byrne, the controversial entrepreneur who runs Overstock.com, is exploring options to sell the online retailer, whose stock has soared amid this year’s cryptocurrency mania, to fund an ambitious attempt to make a global property registry on blockchain. Hernando de Soto, a well-known Peruvian economist who argues that formalising land rights is key to alleviating poverty, has joined forces with Mr Byrne in the latest attempt to leverage the distributed ledger technology to tackle social problems. Mr de Soto and Mr Byrne, a long-term cryptocurrency and blockchain enthusiast who waged a campaign against short selling, have formed a non-profit venture called De Soto, Inc. that intends to gather local informal ownership records into a blockchain database. A pilot is expected early 2018.

ssible sale is huge.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Change is hard and it this is new, sort of. I really really really wish I had my head in the game in 2011 with Bitcoin. But that is yesterday.

I have a little bitcoin and litecoin, and of course the Cardano is a new addition to my small handful of lovelies. I am going to keep my eyes open and I really like to catch these coins when they are small. You can expect IM's with questions and ideas...

I saw a video about a guy who bought a supposed 2,000,000 Stellar coins (cheap-.0001), sold really cheap. He has got to be wishing he hadn't.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

If I were to guess from the article, Alibaba wouldn't surprise me as a contender to buy overstock in the near future.

The first shift of brick and mortar business' that accept crypto may likely get an unforeseen advantage to their future crypto foundations in a decade or so... like maybe you take crypto as rent on your property investments. Taking dollars is a debt note... taking an equivalent in crypto has the chance to grow... it seems like a no brainer to collect it now.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I wonder if/when a huge company very public company -(walmart-amazon-sears(kidding)) takes one of the crypos we discussed on as a super fast easy cheap payment system?

I have tried to send money from the bank to Coinbase-what a slow expensive joke.

I have tried to tell a friend who asked for investment advice when I made my first purchase of Stellar-Ripple-Reddcoin and they thought I was crazy. I wish he would have just put a couple of bucks into Stellar. Lead a horse to water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join