It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you making for xmas meal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
We are not religious,but growing up in a very religious country like mine,we always got our kids xmas prezzies and i always cook a nice meal. When i worked in my younger life,in a certain suburb of Cape Town which was mostly Muslim,a sweet Muslim customer of the biz i worked for,would bring us some of all the Awesooooome end of Ramadan food.For happy holidays this year i am making 8 lamb shanks in this red wine:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Mmmmmmm... lamb and wine

We'll be doing a standing rib roast and Yorkshire pudding, with baked potatoes (and all the fixings), and roasted asparagus with butter and lemon. Simple but yummy. My daughter-in-law will bring the dessert and I can't wait to see what it is! On Thanksgiving it was a homemade razzleberry pie...

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Blessed to be working during the holidays in the Sangre de Christos. I hope we can still get delivery or have a PA run into Taos.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Cornish game hens stuffed with bacon-apple stuffing. Broccoli salad with extra bacon and cashews. Triple berry cheesecake. Grand Mariner.

OP making me hungry...

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
We're not having anything too exotic. Just a lot of it.
- Salmon
- Ribs
- Fresh greens
- Potato salad
- Deviled eggs
- Rolls

At first the wife unit said she was tired of Turkey. Then somebody gave her one. Now she's going to get a relative to deep fry it.

-dex

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Prime rib, brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes with pearl onions.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Your dish sounds delicious!

We are having Beef Wellington, asparagus, mashed potatoes, and spinach salad with white cheddar & green apple.

But it's breakfast I am most looking forward to...biscuits & gravy.

edit on 12/16/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
We sort of splurged a bit.

We were at the butcher picking up an eye of round that we got jerky sliced to make jerky for stocking stuffers, and we got ourselves a small prime rib for the three of us. I sold it to my husband as "steak roast" that we can cook as rare as we like with a nice crispy outer crust. Since all three of us (even the kiddo now) like our meat rare ...

We'll do that with some sides. I am pondering crab mac and cheese with real crab out of crab legs (not canned), mashed potatoes and some kind of other veggie (you know ... to pretend it's healthy).

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Beer. With a side of beer.
Some porter to be sure, maybe a Troegs Mad Elf or two.
A little snuggle time with my better half after playing cards against humanity with Rando Calrissian. A fire, a big dumb yellow pup 9 months, 60 lbs.
I'll worry about the food part later.

Merry Holidays all

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well, I sort of messed up Christmas dinner by cooking it today.
A friend had brought some tenderloin (my hunter friends are the best) and me and the girls just couldn't wait.
Yummy!
We are thinking about chicken wings and pea salad for Christmas now.
We are not really feeling 'traditional' at the moment but, if family decides to come I may go that route as that is what they will/would be expecting.
Everyone above has delicious sounding food ideas.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Cioppino.

Do you deliver?

N on 522, then E on 38, look for the yellow signs.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Do you deliver?

N on 522, then E on 38, look for the yellow signs.

For you, my friend, I would. Plus I bet the weather is nicer in your neck of the woods.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Ooh that sounds really good:-)! I remember reading of Yorkshire Pud for the first time, in this UK teenage magazine named Jackie,that my mom ordered for me along with an American Seventeen magazine subcription, at the newsagent shop.Closest thing we have to that,is this tradional thingy called Kluitjies,made especially by white South Africans,the "Afrikaners" who mostly speak Afrikaans language,it dates back from the Pioneer days in my country,this food,i'm sure.I have never made it myself,although i can in general cook traditional old time food along with the best of the elderly ladies,if i have to say so myself

lekkerreseptevirdiejongergeslag.blogspot.co.za...

i love asparagus but everyone else in my family loathes it,so it's not an option.

To go with the lamb shanks in red wine,i am making fried potato wedges done in coconut oil,which makes for The most delish french fries or potato wedges or roast potatoes,btw.Also a few veggies and a tangy cheesy sauce.

For dessert,i am making this other old traditional South African dessert, Peppermint Crisp Tart:

www.picknpay.co.za...

edit on 19-12-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2017 by Raxoxane because: spelling

edit on 19-12-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I hope you can manage to have something goodly,Olaru

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterMcKill

OMG..that is Droolworthy!!!!!!!!!! I love everything on your menu,sounds like an unforgettable feast. I would have loved to make a goose along with the shanks,my mom did occasionally for xmas while i was growing up,and as a young adult. But difficult to get hold of locally,in this province anyway.Wonderful meat also,creamy and decadent,well the way my mom made it at least. She was terrible at cooking red meat,but she was a Master at poultry of any kind.
edit on 19-12-2017 by Raxoxane because: added

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

That is another Droolworthy menu,Dex! Me and hubby are so envying y'all for the Salmon..i could eat salmon every day of the week and 7 times on a Sunday - and NEVER get tired of
In my country,turkey is not a thing,and i keep being surprised at how popular it is in the USA
I had it twice over one festive season long time ago,i was pregnant with my oldest daughter. Myself and her father were invited for both xmas and NY eve meals by an old couple,my gal's father was a friend of the elderly guy. With stuffing and all the trimmings both times,although i found it not exactly gross, it is not a poultry type i was crazy about.I found it Meh.. i guess,but the stuffing was Very good so that made up for it.

The weather has been Insane this summer,last time it was like this,was around 2012. Usually we have by now, been sweltering for months in nearly 100% humidity. But this year,so many downright chilly days..makes it difficult to plan meals beforehand. According to hubby,it is going to be between 15-23 Celsius here,well according to the weather bureau.I will make a salad,as i normally like at least a Basic lettuce,cuke and tom salad with most summer meals,but the clan is chomping at the bit for the shanks and pudding more than anything else

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sounds lovely,DB
!!

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Oh that sounds DeLish
I have actually never had Beef Wellington,and i'm 52yo. When we still had tv/sat broadcast before 2012 when the tv became only a monitor for the PS,my youngest gal and myself would watch that Gordon Ramsay cookery show,and they were always having to make BW.In my country,we don't know about biscuits and gravy,but i googled it:
en.wikipedia.org...

I would also be loooking forward to the brekky,look Marvellous

top topics

join