It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times : "The Pentagon's Mysterious UFO Program" (plus DeLonge's new website/videos)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: homerJ

It was on the top page of news dot com dot au not long ago. Terrible terrible website though - fake news.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: sneakydave

Good catch! Hope people read it.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
In relation to the Gimbal video I think the audio is quite interesting.

"A whole fleet of them"... Flying around, and the USAF do not know what they are? Now, somebody is obviously lying here when one part is saying that this is genuine declassified footage, and the other is saying that all this project ever produced was "paperwork". So they defunded it.

Everybody can come to the conclusion that you do not stop investigating unknown things flying around in, or close to, your airspace and your carrier groups.

So, either you already know what they are (because they are yours, or because you know who's they are) or you don't, in which case, to quote my favourite commentator on the UFO subject, it behooves us to find out what they are and what they want.

As to the legitimacy of the videos, we have no way to tell, of course. It certainly looks real, but so would a fake video.
We have the pilots statement in the Nimitz case, and the audio in the gimbal video, and the pilots (who were there) could not identify these objects, nor could the carrier group (who seemed not very interested, with a lack of intelligence debrief and so on).

I think it is scary if a whole US carrier group, bristling with sensors and technology, is unable to distinguish a mundane object (as some seem to claim the videos show) from something extraordinary. Are they regularly firing on mylar baloons? Constantly scrambling to intercept geese? Readying missiles to ward off temperature fluctuations?

I would be curious to know, if both these objects indeed showed something "mundane" what it might be that F18s and carrier groups seem utterly unable to comprehend. Flying around in a millitary jet for 20 years should leave you with some experience with balloons and geese, I should think.

Because clearly there is something in those videos, and it can either be an unknown or a known, and if the unknown eludes identification then it is, in my book, extremely interesting whatever it might be. Even if it is, in the end, the property of the US government.

People debating the authenticity of these video's dont understand one thing;

In this case, this time it is not about real or fake video's. Its not about the video's at all. This is about the US government confirming they set up and funded something to research UFO's. This is what this is about and this of what we should be talking about. Before this week, this was something unimagineable. Unthinkable. Even John Podesta is tweeling about this.

This really isnt about fake or legit video's, or people like TDL being legit and all. The freakin US Government, the Pentagon acknowledged an official federal UFO division. Lets focus on that instead of the video's. This is huge.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMind

Yes indeed. Also seeing msm talking about UFOs without little green men jokes, on the front page is something that was unthinkable last week. This is just the beginning. Elizondo already said they have more videos and materials to release. They're probably waiting for gov to disclose them or they want to build the hype train.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Werhner Von Braun warned us this is the last card "they" will play...

uncensored.co.nz... un-and-the-hoaxed-alien-invasion-from-space/
edit on 12/19/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: Found the Von Braun link

edit on 12/19/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMind

"A whole fleet of them"... Flying around, and the USAF do not know what they are? Now, somebody is obviously lying here when one part is saying that this is genuine declassified footage, and the other is saying that all this project ever produced was "paperwork". So they defunded it.

Everybody can come to the conclusion that you do not stop investigating unknown things flying around in, or close to, your airspace and your carrier groups.

So, either you already know what they are (because they are yours, or because you know who's they are) or you don't, in which case, to quote my favourite commentator on the UFO subject, it behooves us to find out what they are and what they want.

As to the legitimacy of the videos, we have no way to tell, of course. It certainly looks real, but so would a fake video.
We have the pilots statement in the Nimitz case, and the audio in the gimbal video, and the pilots (who were there) could not identify these objects, nor could the carrier group (who seemed not very interested, with a lack of intelligence debrief and so on).

I think it is scary if a whole US carrier group, bristling with sensors and technology, is unable to distinguish a mundane object (as some seem to claim the videos show) from something extraordinary. Are they regularly firing on mylar baloons? Constantly scrambling to intercept geese? Readying missiles to ward off temperature fluctuations?

I would be curious to know, if both these objects indeed showed something "mundane" what it might be that F18s and carrier groups seem utterly unable to comprehend. Flying around in a millitary jet for 20 years should leave you with some experience with balloons and geese, I should think.

Because clearly there is something in those videos, and it can either be an unknown or a known, and if the unknown eludes identification then it is, in my book, extremely interesting whatever it might be. Even if it is, in the end, the property of the US government.

People debating the authenticity of these video's dont understand one thing;

As I understand it (and nobody in government has disputed it) this is one of the Official Declassified videos from the project.

Otherwise, anyone that wanted to verify the video's authenticity could file a FOIA and receive the same content.

A former Pentagon Official citing a video as declassified material and sharing it with the public is not likely to fake it. The Pentagon would and could simply release a statement explaining the footage is not official or legitimate as claimed. No one has disputed the footage. Not the Pilots, pentagon, air-force etc.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
to beetee, et al,

I would normally look at these with skepticism too. The videos are odd. I didn't fly for 20 years, I only flew for 11, but got to see and do a lot. I have been vectored on boats, helicopters, Cessna 172s, all sorts of things. When given a vector, you don't always know what it is you're being asked to VID. We also didn't always have total battlespace intel, so there could be friendlies or civilians in the airspace, that's why you check it out.

The only recordings that occur in Navy aircraft happen when someone starts recording. Everything is NOT recorded all the time. Every sensor is not recorded all the time. If I'm looking at my FLIR, that's what being recorded. If I switch to my tactical display, that's what's being recorded. I believe the only time that a recording is automatically started is if a trigger squeeze happens.

Regarding the communications: intercockpit communications (ICS) are recorded just like the radios. One tape, one audio track, one recording. In some aircraft, we had 4 radios plus ICS, so you could technically hear 5 people talking at once. Or none.

I'll try to get confirmation on which if these videos is linked to the Nimitz sighting. My colleague said that one of the videos being published was not his, but was being attributed to him, and he didn't like that.

In the end, I've seen mylar balloons, Iranian P-3s, birds, fireworks, AAA and lots of other aircraft, but if I saw something I couldn't recognize, I don't know how I'd react. My colleague's first thought was that there was a submarine missile launch happening that they didn't know about. I'd imagine the brain would try to make sense out of what it was seeing. But the way it was described as maneuvering, my guess is that the missile idea would be scrapped pretty quick. We would practice VIDs all the time, we had to be pretty descriptive (type aircraft, markings, loadout, etc.) So if they say it was smooth with no protrusions and markings, I believe them.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

You mean what Carol Rosin claims he said?
Nope, I don't have it.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Found it and edited to insert the link

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

"A whole fleet of them"... Flying around,

This part confused me at first because they seemed to be only observing one of them.

Then I read some of the other documentation associated with the incident.

If I understand it correctly, initially two jets were diverted to investigate the UFO.

They gave a fascinating account of weird turbulence in the ocean.

coi.tothestarsacademy.com...

When those pilots returned to the ship, crew members were mocking them for their account.
Had ET movies playing on all the TVs etc, etc.

Then more jets were sent out and THEN the video was captured.
Thus, those pilots commenting that there must be a "Whole fleet" of them, because they encountered what they though must be a different one in a different place.

If anyone has examined the reports and documents along with the video and has better clarity than I, please let me know.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: spleenika
This is why Tom's group likes UAP better then UFO. They don't think they are crafts from outer space. It is suggested they are craft from another dimension, and may not even be craft at all, but life forms. And yes, even life forms, with other life forms inside of them. Has anyone else read book 2?

This is exactly what I believe.

Dimensional ET's Whatever the case I'm glad people are taking a notice.

It may even be weirder than that, but generally speaking I agree. Especially if Skinwalker Ranch is connected to all this

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

Thank you for that insightful reply.

For the record, I find the video very interesting and have no problem accepting that they are the real deal, meaning unknown to the people encountering them.

I have no clue what they are.

Also, I don't think it is claimed the "gimbal" video is from the same incident, is it? (Nimitz)

Anyway, any take you have on the authenticity of the video, as someone with 11 years flight experience, would be most welcome.

Did you fly for the navy? And are you familiar with the F/A 18?

Cheers

BT
edit on 19-12-2017 by beetee because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2017 by beetee because: Edit: I ment to ask if you flew for the navy, not the military, which seemed obvious from the post.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

So, It's your take both videos are from the same incident? I thought the second video was from an "undisclosed" location, and thus possibly an unrelated incident.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have about 10 years experience operating MWIR cameras and the video is interesting, but I have one issue that seems to always be the case and that is we never see a true initial start or ending to these videos. In the world we live in today what happens before and after (could be hours) is as important as the video itself. Also the situation of why the aircraft/person etc is even in the position to take the footage helps provide the full picture beyond just a snippet of a UFO in the view.

How many times do we see a video where someone just happens to have their camera running in some random direction to experience a UFO with no details as to why the camera was there in the first place and what went on before and after the event to put some meaning to it all.

edit on 19-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: spleenika
Vallee is also involved certainly.

I can tell you that no, he's not.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Hyperboles

So you are saying that the USAF faked the audio in the video? Or that the whole thing is faked?

So there is no recording of cockpit conversations between pilots?

Yes it could be faked or even shot in a flight simulator or it could be real. 50/50
It would have been more interesting if the audio was communications with the base and not inter cockpit talk

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

We only have Carol Rosin's word on this, but boy does that story have legs.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
a reply to: DutchMind

Yes indeed. Also seeing msm talking about UFOs without little green men jokes, on the front page is something that was unthinkable last week. This is just the beginning. Elizondo already said they have more videos and materials to release. They're probably waiting for gov to disclose them or they want to build the hype train.

Seeing this reported without all the tired, "desperate to not be seen as crazy" jokes from news anchors is one of the most satisfying parts of this. I feel like it's overall a little under-reported, though. This kind of information coming from U.S. government sources is unbelievable. Looking forward to any other information that comes out.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I usually lurk, but i just want to add that it's been reported in the norwegian newspaper Aftenposten as well.
Link

It basically addresses the fact that the Pentagon had a program up until 2012 studying this subject. No ridicule factor this time.

I've followed the UFO field very loosely since Greer made his entrance at the National Press Club in 2001. This is certainly interesting, but i won't believe disclosure before i see it. In my (very limited) experience, if it sounds too good to be true, then it usually is.

I hope I'm wrong of course.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This might open a door that is going to be impossible to close. I anticipate very soon to see a lot of ufo/uap videos from many sources popping up online, most of them fakes/hoaxes. It is going to make things more difficult for those of us who want to know the real facts

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join