It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times : "The Pentagon's Mysterious UFO Program" (plus DeLonge's new website/videos)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
In relation to the Gimbal video I think the audio is quite interesting.

"A whole fleet of them"... Flying around, and the USAF do not know what they are? Now, somebody is obviously lying here when one part is saying that this is genuine declassified footage, and the other is saying that all this project ever produced was "paperwork". So they defunded it.

Everybody can come to the conclusion that you do not stop investigating unknown things flying around in, or close to, your airspace and your carrier groups.

So, either you already know what they are (because they are yours, or because you know who's they are) or you don't, in which case, to quote my favourite commentator on the UFO subject, it behooves us to find out what they are and what they want.

As to the legitimacy of the videos, we have no way to tell, of course. It certainly looks real, but so would a fake video.
We have the pilots statement in the Nimitz case, and the audio in the gimbal video, and the pilots (who were there) could not identify these objects, nor could the carrier group (who seemed not very interested, with a lack of intelligence debrief and so on).

I think it is scary if a whole US carrier group, bristling with sensors and technology, is unable to distinguish a mundane object (as some seem to claim the videos show) from something extraordinary. Are they regularly firing on mylar baloons? Constantly scrambling to intercept geese? Readying missiles to ward off temperature fluctuations?

I would be curious to know, if both these objects indeed showed something "mundane" what it might be that F18s and carrier groups seem utterly unable to comprehend. Flying around in a millitary jet for 20 years should leave you with some experience with balloons and geese, I should think.

Because clearly there is something in those videos, and it can either be an unknown or a known, and if the unknown eludes identification then it is, in my book, extremely interesting whatever it might be. Even if it is, in the end, the property of the US government.
edit on 19-12-2017 by beetee because: Clarification and typos

edit on 19-12-2017 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Just want to say ty to all the 'veteran' members here for all the interesting viewpoints and angles. I only 'cut my teeth' about a year ago on Greer, Lear and Icke. Before that I was glued to Ancient Aliens and it's 'theory' going back to Sitchen and the amazing Sumerians. Anyhoo...I'm like a sponge reading these threads...need to spend a day googling all the names so I'll ease up on the brain farts. Fairly familiar Greers circle...so much more to it as I read ur posts. Just want to say thanx for the 'material' so to speak. Keep it rollin', I'm luvin it...

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Ain't it great when the smart kids of ATS come out to play?
I love it.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: beetee

Even if it is, in the end, the property of the US government.

LOL - So they are playing tails with their own boys? Why not grab the tails of the other boys?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I just gotta mention that the mainstream media in Australia hasn't even mentioned this story (as far as I know)...
Interesting.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Except when you are vectored to intercept / investigate a target, you report to base in proper pilot lingo, not chit chat among yourself. so much for the audio that most of you think is legit

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Well, not a good start when the so called legit video could be fake in some way
This happens pretty much every year, or every few years. Something happens, we all get excited, and nothing happens. It comes and goes, and we wait for the next big thing.

Sad thing is, we will be doing this all our short lives

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
For anyone who is interested in the Peter Levenda side of the operation, check out his weighty Sinister Forces trilogy of books to get a better understanding of how all this does actually tie into 'our' history. The otherworldly or esoteric aspect has ALWAYS been with us, from when ancient religion ruled the roost up to the cutting edge of science. I personally don't think we can ever escape from it, because it is part of humanity... to the core.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
My angle is this small program ran by Elizondo doesnt know very mcuh about anything but have investigated. All the old guard who do know will still keep their secrets.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I didn't see the CBS report. Maybe some in the media are finally pushing back and coming around to the real possibility we're not alone in the universe. I really think the government pressures the media behind the scenes not to take these reports seriously. One only has to research a few documented military and multiple witness UFO sightings to realize this is not a subject that doesn't deserve serious attention.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Did nobody notice John Podesta? The guy is sitting at the main table in politics and nobody is mentioning what he has posted on Twitter the last couple of days.

Dont know about you guys but to me when people like him start doing this its something very big
edit on 19 12 2017 by DutchMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMind

or it's smoke & mirrors.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: spleenika

people with that kind of money can spend millions on a car.

on a single goddamn car.

when you've got billions and there really isn't much left that you would want that can be simply bought, spending millions on a hobby is really a no-brainer.

he has private jets. you may wanna check how much a single jet costs. how much jet fuel for a 1h flight costs. yet, he has them. he uses them. you have no idea how much money people like him are spending on a whim.

if you wanna understand how they work, you gotta start thinking on their level.

en.wikipedia.org...

if there's anything Bigelow would throw millions, or even billions, at, it's precisely that.
edit on 19/12/2017 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
They are prepping for full disclosure.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DutchMind

Isn't Podesta a columnist now for the Washington Post?

He's always had certain beliefs about UFOs and made them known for many years. I wouldn't read too much into it.

This was from a couple of years ago.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: spleenika
This is why Tom's group likes UAP better then UFO. They don't think they are crafts from outer space. It is suggested they are craft from another dimension, and may not even be craft at all, but life forms. And yes, even life forms, with other life forms inside of them. Has anyone else read book 2?

This is exactly what I believe.

Dimensional ET's Whatever the case I'm glad people are taking a notice.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

So you are saying that the USAF faked the audio in the video? Or that the whole thing is faked?

So there is no recording of cockpit conversations between pilots?

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: spleenika
a reply to: AboveBoard

Yes indeed. The confusion comes from the NY Times article which states:

The Defense Department has never before acknowledged the existence of the program, which it says it shut down in 2012. But its backers say that, while the Pentagon ended funding for the effort at that time, the program remains in existence.

So there is some conflicting info. The Pentagon says it was shut down, and everyone agrees the funding ended in 2012, but how it is still running without funds today is not stated. I personally bet it it well funded and they are just not disclosing what the new appropriation amount for the new phase is. They have only fessed up to 22 million for 2007-2012, which sounds really really low to me.

I think the funding shifted. Also, bear in mind that Luis E. had Just Left his job there a couple weeks before signing on with To The Stars. He could not "just leave" a program that shut down in 2012. The interview link I posted has him talking about it, and it seems clear the program still exists.

A minor, but important point.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: surnamename57

Well, if they were indeed playing tails with their own boys in the "deep black", it would at least explain why they could justify to not be up in arms over it.

Not sure who you are referring to when you say "other boys" but I would think if they were either the Russians, the Chinese or Unknowns, there would be rather more urgency.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

edit on 19-12-2017 by sneakydave because: Repeating previously posted material. Sorry guys.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join