It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times : "The Pentagon's Mysterious UFO Program" (plus DeLonge's new website/videos)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

The career debunkers that like to talk about how critically superior their logical vulcan minds are like to ignore details that don't have anything to do with the argument that something is fake. I also see they lack a total discussion of the pilots verbal interactions on the radio, as well as their follow up testimony. They of course know much better then the career navy pilots, what those very pilots did and saw. Also it turns out that one of the most sophisticated military combat tracking cameras in the world have lots of artifacts so pilots have no idea what they are shooting at.

If only us mere humans were not so vulnerable sheeple and could think for ourselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iridomyrmex
This all seems designed to quickly appeal to the non-critical mind and to reinforce the confirmation bias of the UFO faithful.

Honestly my favorite thing about confirmation bias, is that everyone suffers from it except me. Cause I'm smart.

I'm actually three times as smart as a skeptic. I'm skeptical of skeptics. You see that is two levels of being a skeptic, and we all know that skeptics are smart. But then, because I am smart, I remember to be skeptical of my skepticism of skeptics. So that is three levels of being a smart skeptic. I'm off the charts frankly.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: spleenika

Oh well they could be a sidekick of those flatearthers ..

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
I wonder if the “disclosure” we might be about to experience is a disclosure of a different kind: a disclosure of advanced military hardware going from the “black” world to the “white”?

Such a disclosure might, in fact, be made necessary if said hardware was expected to be deployed, in significant numbers to make wide-spread public observations impossible to avoid.

I’ll come right out and say it:

Perhaps the situation with North Korea has reached the point whereby even advanced “conventional” assets are no longer adequate and the last, and only, means of avoiding a catastrophic war on the peninsula is to begin an undeniable deployment of heretofore ultra-secret assets?

Technology seemingly so advanced, that it would appear, as Clarke would put it, as Magic.

Or extraterrestrial?

You still wouldn't do a big reveal ahead of the conflict. You want it to be a surprise to your enemy. You can tell the public afterwards.

originally posted by: dasman888

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
there's even a video in that article.

something big is coming.

Yeah... what is coming is a coordinated effort to distract Americans from the story that actually MEANS something to their everyday life... that the Deep State "coup d' etat" is coming apart at the seems over at FBI and DOJ... and you can bet the "spooks" giving an "assist" over in the .intel comm have cut the idiots over at FBI loose.

They will be the sacrificial lambs to the slaughter when charges are filed against corrupt agents who tried to use their Mueller employment to cover up lawlessness.

BUY POPCORN!!!!

While I'm not endorsing your take, it certainly would explain why Podesta is on board with this "reveal".

originally posted by: KenTodd
The Iraq war was bull# (no wmd found)

This myth just won't die.

Troops exposed to WMD in Iraq
More evidence
More evidence
VA is already trying to get a registry going so these vets aren't waiting quite as long as 'Nam and 1st Gulf War vets to get care related to the # they were exposed to. You'll note none of these links go to the GW Bush library or Dick Cheney's personal website.

ETA: Yes I know you'll just pretend this is fake. If they were gonna fake something, they would have planted a lot more and it would've gotten 24/7 news coverage for weeks. Don't be obtuse.
edit on 18 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I have a close family member in special forces who has proven time and time again to be an absent-minded, oblivious klutz, and another ex-fighter pilot who is dead certain of God's existence. So yeah, I don't take military word as gospel. And if this is an obfuscation of a (relatively) mundane military project, then I can absolutely believe that they would have a pilot take one for the team. Apollo astronauts have made outlandish claims, and they remain certified heroes.

Plus, now grandpa's got a cool (if ultimately unverifiable) UFO story for the kids.
edit on 18-12-2017 by Iridomyrmex because: space

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
While I'm not endorsing your take, it certainly would explain why Podesta is on board with this "reveal".

Harry Reid and Podesta tweeting about it. I'm honestly surprised Hillary Clinton hasn't yet, or maybe I missed it. I couldn't help but notice when Hillary did the Jimmy Kimmil bit where he asked her about aliens, she went out of the way to point out the new nomenclature is "UAP's", which is the word TTSA and associated people are using specifically. No doubt she is in the mix here too, they just thought she would be in the White House during all this.

Also thanks for those links about the WMD's, that was new info for me.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

Great link kinda shoots down a lot of the ufo speculation going on here. Wish more folks showed the same critical thinking.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

HMM, you didn't seem to pick up on the fact that the mylar balloon was in relation to this case:

www.rense.com...

from which To The Stars yanked a photo, saturated it and contrasted it out of recognition, and then proudly displayed it at their presentation while Chris Mellon described the Nimitz 2004 tic-tac case. NOT DISINGENUOUS AT ALL.

Not saying you are stupid, just that you foolishly ran with your conclusion.

edit on 18-12-2017 by Iridomyrmex because: words

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: spleenika

I couldn't help but notice when Hillary did the Jimmy Kimmil bit where he asked her about aliens, she went out of the way to point out the new nomenclature is "UAP's", which is the word TTSA and associated people are using specifically. No doubt she is in the mix here too, they just thought she would be in the White House during all this.

Yes, I noticed that and found it worthy of note as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

This all seems designed to quickly appeal to the non-critical mind and to reinforce the confirmation bias of the UFO faithful.

Honestly my favorite thing about confirmation bias, is that everyone suffers from it except me. Cause I'm smart.

I'm actually three times as smart as a skeptic. I'm skeptical of skeptics. You see that is two levels of being a skeptic, and we all know that skeptics are smart. But then, because I am smart, I remember to be skeptical of my skepticism of skeptics. So that is three levels of being a smart skeptic. I'm off the charts frankly.

And in response to this gem i post this:

Man in Black: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.

Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You've made your decision then?

Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Vizzini: Wait till I get going! Now, where was I?

Man in Black: Australia.

Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You're just stalling now.

Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
edit on 18-12-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

I couldn't help but notice when Hillary did the Jimmy Kimmil bit where he asked her about aliens, she went out of the way to point out the new nomenclature is "UAP's", which is the word TTSA and associated people are using specifically. No doubt she is in the mix here too, they just thought she would be in the White House during all this.

Yes, I noticed that and found it worthy of note as well.

The only thing to note from that is that hilary is a "believer" too and follows the ufo community like her husband does and has adopted the same nomenclatures

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Iridomyrmex

Actually that is exactly what the joke is. In a series of many stock photos that they ran of aircraft carriers and jets and background thingies that looked nice, none of which they were claiming had anything to do with the event described, this random photo probably pulled of a google image search from the assistant who made that very slide show.

There was no claim by Tom or anyone else that that particular photo was of anything of import. And when the incident they described did surface from official DOD declassification, in fact that image was nowhere to be found. It had nothing to do with it, yet you guys who are all free of confirmation bias already used it to decide Tom was a crackpot wackjob and everything he does is fake. But in fact it is a big nothingburger. It is so easy to debunk things and have your ilk believe it, that my debunking of metabunk in that image showing the mylar ballons is at the same level of peer reviewed science as your own debunkings.

I honestly think you guys are right about the original photo in question however, is likely a mylar balloon. But it makes me chuckle how the hounds of righteous logicalness all sniff any trail that even smells like something is wrong, and then claim it as dogma that this is now a hoax. That isn't how peer reviewed establishment of facts works in the real critical world. You need to get on my level, level 3 skepticism.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
I loved that scene in Princess Bride. No doubt that was knocking around somewhere in my head when I wrote that little bit.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
Well also it was shown back during the election season Podesta and Tom Delonge were having serious discussions about his book Sekret Machines, as the email showing it was leaked by Wikileaks. Pirates ended up getting their hands on his book, because it was attached to the email he sent Podesta, Hillary Clintons campaign manager. And at the very end of his foreword in that book Tom makes the claim that he has friends in the white house, also contributing to his efforts, and he asked John Podesta to take a look at that foreword.

They thought they were going to win at this point in time, all the polls had Hillary 455% ahead. So This really does lock in more closely between Hillary Clinton and TTSA then you may have thought.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

It doesn't matter who created the slideshow for the TTS/AAS presentation, it was clearly disingenuous to describe the Nimitz account while showing an unattributed photo (which they had purposely altered) from an unrelated UFO report. The video presentation focuses heavily on it while Mellon is describing the event. Honesty would require that they tell the audience it had nothing to do with the case and was merely an analogy.

What about their own anti-gravity concept craft they show, while detailing their plan to build an anti-gravity craft? So SOMETIMES they're referring to the info they're presenting (on their jumbo-tron screen), and OTHERTIMES it's completely unrelated, but it's up to US to decide what is real?

One of the oldest con-tricks in the book. Maybe the oldest.

Also, Tom Delonge needs no help to make himself appear shady and his whole project seem dubious, as only 30 or so unfulfilled announcements over the past couple years fell through without apology, explanation, or admission from anyone. Before TTS he was doing this with music-related announcements to his fans, as well as with promises to his bandmates.

I'm done focusing on douchey Delonge, because now we've got VIDEO that we can analyze. So put down your jester's balls for a sec and start analyzing, will you?
edit on 18-12-2017 by Iridomyrmex because: edits

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Honesty would require that they tell the audience it had nothing to do with the case and was merely an analogy.

They showed a lot of images, and didn't talk about any of them, except the cool space ship he wants to build. I think that was the only image they actually addressed, yes. What sort of rule system are you creating for them, that they must now say, "this is a picture of an aircraft carrier, but it was not from 2004, it is from 2014 and we found it on google. "Also this is a picture of a couple jets. They are not the jets from 2004, they are the jets we found a picture of on google, from 2003, October" "This is a blurry flying silver phallus our intern Jason found on an angelfire server his uncle was hosting back in 1998, that they saved and screen shot over and over again until the image quality decayed as people using windows 95 often did in those days."

You guys deconstructed an assumed claim they didn't make. They were actually pitching to government officials to request a briefing on the matter at the time, and had to show something without going to jail for releasing classified information to the public. It isn't hard to understand.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Hello GUT! *waves and smiles*

Yes, this is "getting good!" No matter we see it differently, as we usually do...not always though...

Anyway, I saw that Greer is not happy about Tom. Here are recent tweets:

Now, as you may remember, I believe Greer to be largely sincere, but this has him all up in arms. I also believe that Greer has many high strangeness events and "contact" type things happening in his world, and that he truly believes he is in the right on this. I also think he may be a bit jealous as Tom is doing what he wishes he could do...

Careful, or you'll sound like you agree with Greer! lol!!

You think they are both wrong, Tom and Greer?

As to what the Sekret Machines / Gods1 says via Tom and his counterparts, it is complicated. There has been contact, and some of it has been good for mankind and other contact has been detrimental and limiting. He is not quite black and white about it, there is plenty of grey area.

As to Hal Putoff - he left Scientology in the late 1970's and didn't look back, from what his bios say. That was a very long time ago. Yes, he is into parapsychology and remote viewing, etc., and has delved into the weird in a serious way. One might say that UAP, UFOs and "The Phenomenon" in general ARE "the weird stuff," no?

I'm just buckled in for what looks to be an exciting time -- historically quite awesome.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Dr Greer who wept while holding an alien baby and charges 800 big ones to sit about in a forest. Yeah he's a sincere nutter.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: zetaReticulous

Dr Greer who wept while holding an alien baby and charges 800 big ones to sit about in a forest. Yeah he's a sincere nutter.

I'm not going to get into a Greer discussion because I know how those go! I only brought it up because Greer is saying a lot of the same things I'm hearing people on ATS say that don't like Greer....

And I was curious about his response to Tom.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Honestly this situation with Tom, and the ATS crowd, makes me rethink Greer. ATS had me thoroughly convinced he was a Charlatan with a large C, but I was late to the Greer party and didn't see how those events unfolded. Him having Richard Doty as a serious contributor in his new movie still gave me the willies pretty fierce though. Also, him holding up documents frequently in the movie saying that this paper here is proof of X, but then he never lets you look at the paper. He pulls this maneuver a lot in that new docu/movie which I did admittedly watch on Netflix. I didn't like that a lot. But the way ATS many years ago convinced me Greer was a massive fraud, has resulted in me rarely looking into anything he has done. Is this a mistake on my part?

Are certain ATS members Greer'ing Tom Delonge?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join