It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how do you watch your X men?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I was sick this week and had zero desire to do much of anything. So dvds it was. I finished Dexter over a week ago and I haven't gotten he first season of House yet. I like putting long storylines on and just let them unravel. So I went with the X men Thurs and Fri. IDK why but I started them with Logan. Giving it a second chance. I didn't really care for it the first time around but got into it this time. After that it went to order. X men 1,2 and 3. I don't have First Class so then I watched Days of Future past and Apocalypse. Not having FC left me with a couple of hours to kill before bed so I went with the best of the lot...Deadpool. I may not have started the whole thing properly but that's the way to end it.

IDK if this new deal with Disney buying up a majority of Fox is going to play out or not. The Avengers may get better with Wolverine . I'm wary that they may tone down Deadpool and that would screw it totally. DP is R rated and should stay that way. Besides, he so cute when he's naughty.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think I called this a few months ago.

Superhero cross overs.

Wake me up when Thor and Wonder woman make a movie.

If they do it right ?

KIck Arse.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Don't think that will happen. WW is a DC property.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I know, but no one thought Disney would buy Fox either.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I know, but no one thought Disney would buy Fox either.

Yeah. In 10 years Disney might own everything.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The X-men timeline is such a mess now that I don't think it really matters how you watch them.

I would watch the first 3 in order but thats about it, after that I think of them more as stand alone movies with the same cast and universe rather than all being part of the same movie saga.

You could sit and watch Logan without knowing anything about the other movies and still enjoy it just as much.

Same with the other ones.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I haven’t seen Logan yet. But, of the other X-Men movies, I think I enjoyed Days of Future Past the most! It was really neat and nostalgic to me, and I enjoyed explaining things to my husband.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Loved he introduction of Quicksilver:

BTW, is that you Jean?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
don't waste your time with FC. it was garbage. I hold out hope for the dark Phoenix saga though.
I think the fate of deadpool is safe. if they try to water it down they'll lose a major fan base.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That’s scene was so great!

I joked that I was going to be the Phoenix for Halloween! But I didn’t follow through.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Watch Logan.

Best X-Men film ever in the world ever ever.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Days of Future past had the most terrifying Sentinels, or robots in general that the world has ever known. Apocalypse was cool, but he was defeated too easily at the end. Its apocalypse, he is never defeated, only forced to retreat through time. I would like to see more of apocalypse. I always enjoyed when they encountered him in the animated show (the original good mature one, not all these cheesy teenage knock off versions that are redone every three years).

Next you should do a marathon of the four seasons of the original animated version.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

My son and I both loved those ones. Have to see if I can get them.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: chelsdh

Loved he introduction of Quicksilver:

BTW, is that you Jean?

That was a great scene... but i think the one when the school gets blown to bits is better

Different movie though

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
I thought the rescue of the students by quicksilver was not only easily one of the top three best scenes of all Marvel franchise, it may have been one of that actors best performances ever outside of AHS.

But we have to give credit to the director and the writers really for even coming up with it.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Checked it out. 15 bucks per vol/season on Amazon. That's reasonable.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I was really let down by Apocalypse too. I hate when the antagonist is so built up, only to be defeated far too easily. (Dark Tower anyone? Though I did like the ultimate ending)

I loved when Netflix had the original series on.... then they replaced it with the kids. My girls enjoyed the newer one, but it was just too dumbed down for me.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That show was the first thing I recorded to VHS as a kid. I don't remember how many I managed to get. I have the series in digital format now though. I sold off my hard media over the last few years and just stuck with digital. An eight foot tall bookcase 4 feet wide full of blu rays and dvd's has become a handful of flash drives and Portable HDD's. Talk about saving space in the house LOL.

Some of them I keep multiple copies of, just in case of failure or erasure or something.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

That one was awesome as well. DoFP stands out because I have seen it more.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
That show was the first thing I recorded to VHS as a kid..

Me too. But I HAD a kid. The show came out the year my son was born.

ETA. Nope. I did the math. He was 2.
edit on 16-12-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join