It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Spoiler Thread.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It's gonna be Star Wars every year until your croak.

I am totally fine with that....

Looks like I'm going to get a LOT more mileage out of my Force Awakens Luke cosplay outfit....

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
finally watched this last night. i really enjoyed it.

i liked luke more in this one than any of the others.

couple things that stick out are of course lei floating in space. that was lame as hell.

i feel like rey is not the last jedi either. whats up with the boy at the end with the broom?
he reached for his broom and it kinda of moved to him force style. plus he had the ring on with the symbol.

did anyone else see that when he reached for the broom? did it happen and just does not mean anything?

it definitely moved to him without him touching it though

coolest part was when laura dern warped right through the ship.

i enjoyed this a lot

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I watched it again last night and again I cried about 5 times.
Every time our princess was on the screen.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

I watched it again last night and again I cried about 5 times.
Every time our princess was on the screen.

i could have done without her entirely to be honest.
she was like a gruff old man
reminded me of jack palance or clint eastwood

then she floated through space

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Only bit I didn't like Mary Poppins in space it would have been the best time to let her die.
But I still love the movie.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The Last Of The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi felt like someone stole my Star Wars action figures and did unspeakable things with them.

I have nothing against Rian Johnson as a director or a person, and am totally on board with shaking things up if done artfully, but his muddled, desultory script for The Last Jedi should have never made it into production, let alone release.

I'm not knocking anyone who likes the movie. I have a blu-ray on the way myself, and I fully intend to watch it many times. Who knows? Maybe, like a true masterpiece, it will improve with repeated viewing.

I love the cast each and all, and I have no problem with carving up a healthy serving of sacred cow now and then. The visuals and special effects are classic Star Wars, and aside from some pacing and continuity issues, I think the overall production quality is quite credible.

The unforgivable sin of The Last Jedi is the story.

Too much of it charges headlong into logic, fails to defeat it, shakes its head in bewilderment, then abruptly staggers off to stage the next disjointed trope-worn trainwreck. Not that a Star Wars tale requires much in the way of narrative coherence to be enjoyable, just that The Last Jedi doesn't even seem to bother trying at all.

Too many characters behave like unconvincing doppelgangers that would never make it past starport security. Too many of them are wantonly discarded like dross in service to nebulous plot lines that serve no purpose but to mislead and misdirect. Too many questions we never asked are answered with questions that have no answers.

It's like everyone in the entire Star Wars galaxy suddenly got hooked on crazy pills.

Episode 8's most lasting and meaningful contribution to the Star Wars saga is ensuring that Episode 9 won't need to do much to surpass its predecessor. If the purported leaks are true and a festival of safe-mode copypasta is in the offing, it will nonetheless be a vast improvement, as much as it pains me to say it.

May the Force be with us all.

R.I.P. Supreme Leader Snoke

"Just who the hell was that guy, anyway?"

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I think many are confusing the term "Jedi" with anyone who can use the Force.

While indeed, Luke is likely correct in that the Jedi as an order, dies with him, it doesn't mean there will no longer be Force users in the galaxy. Leia could use the Force, but was not a Jedi, for example.

As for her floating through space, I don't know why this is shocking. We've seen Jedi survive gassed rooms, leap impossible distances, run inhumanly fast, etc. so why this one ability of a Force user, when facing death, is surprising is truly puzzling. Yes, I agree it probably would have been a good way for her to go as a character, but obviously, there are other plans afoot.

I think the whole idea of this film, is that though the Jedi themselves are now history...there is a new version of Force user in the galaxy, and it is not married to the Jedi religion or code. Even Snoke and Kylo didn't seem to exactly embrace the Sith philosophy either...so it is pretty obvious the whole Jedi/Sith bit has been cast aside in the continuation of this saga.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

R.I.P. Supreme Leader Snoke

"Just who the hell was that guy, anyway?"

Yeah, from a narrative point of view, it's strange to introduce a mystery, only to never solve it, or even give clues.
Perhaps a lot went on the cutting room floor? I don't know. It is weird though.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Exposition doesn't seem to be Rian Johnson's strong suit.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join