It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Spoiler Thread.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The next really big thing is Lukes death and this seems to be what fans are really hating on. I understand why people hate it, I just watched my childhood hero die.

You knew this was coming.

Disney had to kill off the last remnants of the white male patriarchy, although, white males still get prominent billing as the evil overlords of the Darkside.

Dude go away and let us enjoy our Star Wars without turning trying to impose your race agenda on the thread.

Po Dameron....Nuff said

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The next really big thing is Lukes death and this seems to be what fans are really hating on. I understand why people hate it, I just watched my childhood hero die.

Disney had to kill off the last remnants of the white male patriarchy, although, white males still get prominent billing as the evil overlords of the Darkside.

Dude go away and let us enjoy our Star Wars without turning trying to impose your race agenda on the thread.

Po Dameron....Nuff said

Agree. It was simply about freeing themselves from the restraints that came with having the old characters around. I for one is ready to say goodbye to the old cast - they have been explored enough in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I think they are focusing on how the strict religious structures of site and Jedi were wrong and NEVER owned the force.. they hoarded it..

Part of the reason. I liked it is because of all the crazy implications..

Really, the best thing would be for Rey and Kylo to rule the galaxy.. that’s the only way the balance can ever Truly be maintained..

The history of the galaxy under Jedi/sith hasn’t been balance..

It has been wild rolling waves of one followed by the other..

Peace requires both, what better way than to have Kylo love Rey and Rey love everyone else..

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

My personal theory (not totally debunked ) was that the force pops out force babies , like anikan as a way to regulate, itself..

The Jedi had ruled the galaxy for a thousand years..

Anikan wasn’t a force baby (spontaneous manifestation of the force. Mom was human, dad was the force) for the light in the first place.. he was born to return balance.. and he did.. for 3 seconds before the dark took hold..

So if anikan and Rey are the same thing. Then Rey’s strength makes sense. Because Kylo is only 1/8th god while Rey is 1/2 god..

It’s Hercules fighting a rookie Aries.

Aries still prob wins unless herc outsmarts him..

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm glad they didn't reveal Rey's parents.

Kylo Ren was lying when he said they were nobody's. He couldn't possibly know this anyway.

I'm kind of glad they dissmissed it like that, I was so sick of hearing folk theorise about it, like it was the be all and end all of the movie.

It's very important who Rey's parents are. I hear every theory apart from my favourite one, which is pretty mad.

Rey's father is none other than Darth Vader. She was born just before the destruction of the 2nd death star. This is why she's so powerful. Kylo Ren knows this and does not want her to find this out. Vader kept her a secret from everyone, keeping her and mother hidden away in his castle.

Who her mother is , is just as interesting, especially for fans of the animated series. Her mother was Ashoka, and Ashoka is possibly still alive. Yeah yeah she's a different species, Rey has no bumps in her head etc. She was either conceived by the medichlorians during an intense lightsaber fight, or Vader simply shagged her.

I'll tell you why I think we saw proof of it in the last jedi. That bit where she faces the cobwebby wall thing, echoing Lukes vision during his training with Yoda in the cave. You see 2 people arppoach but obscured, then she sees her own face.
Go back and look carefully at that scene. The closest figure strongly resembles Anakin , complete with pre-Vader Jedi mullet. Most folk didn't spot that. Possibly Kylo Ren is the only one who knows that her father was Vader. Damn right he's keeping that one quiet.

No doubt we shall see this unfold in Ep 9.

Bloody amazing movie though, one of the other posters is right, Yoda totally steals it. I felt like a kid again watching this movie. Going back to see it again with my daughter next week.

Lot of questions left though, notably what is Rey going to do for a lightsaber now? The blue one is broken in two and lost with Snokes' ship. I suppose she could go back to Porrg land and get Luke's green one?

Merry Christmas all, and may the Force be with you.

edit on 16-12-2017 by angus1745 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just got back from the theatre and I'll give it a 7.
Take away the Star Wars appeal and it would be a flop.

Something, something, something, dark side.
So much in this movie was the same as the previous movies.

Why the hell did the bombers move so damn slow?
They came out of nowhere and then turned to snails.

Why did they target the rebel base with the huge guns first instead of the getaway ship?

Ugg,,,

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I am going to say something that contravenes much opinion but TPM is actually more impactfull and better than TLJ.
And really enjoyed TLJ, I don't hate it like many of these reviews state.

Looks like I am not alone, well look at these"Audience Scores"

TLJ Score

&

TPM Score

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Po Dameron....Nuff said

The problem is that when movies become politically correct they cease to be entertaining. Most folks don't want their entertainment laced with a side of agenda and social engineering.

Even sports and the NFL has become political and of course Disney is right between Monsanto and Google on the most evil mega corporation list.
edit on 2017/12/17 by Metallicus because: Spacing / Spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Po Dameron....Nuff said

The problem is that when movies become politically correct they cease to be entertaining. Most folks don't want their entertainment laced with a side of agenda and social engineering.

Even sports and the NFL has become political and of course Disney is right between Monsanto and Google on the most evil mega corporation list.

So wha your saying is that because the lead protagonist isn’t a white male it can’t be entertaining???

Is there not a word for people like that??

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Did you see it? How could you know anything about it without watching it?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: angus1745
She was born just before the destruction of the 2nd death star.

Wouldn't that make her close to 30?

Lot of questions left though, notably what is Rey going to do for a lightsaber now? The blue one is broken in two and lost with Snokes' ship.

She had the pieces of it at the end.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

lol. Well we did see a black man beat up a white woman and two female suicide bombers. And kylo cut an illegal alien in half. What part of that was politically correct?

Po Dameron....Nuff said

we saw a black man kill a white woman, two female suicide bombers, Kylo Ren cut an illegal alien in half, Luke trying to burn some books, Chewy killed and almost ate some sentient penguins. I don’t see much pc in this at all. But then, i did watch the movie. I’m going to watch again today
edit on 17-12-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Remember who you are talking to. the person with the worse morality on ats...what do you expect.
Back to the movie I loved it I cried 3 times. Oh and didn't that roast porg look good.
edit on 17-12-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You do have a point.
None of the new lead characters are white males.
The movie even felt like they were forcing (bad pun) men out.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

You do have a point.
Who cares? Why is that a problem for anyone? If your masculinity is threatened by watching this movie, You have some serious problems With your masculinity.
edit on 17-12-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

You do have a point.

Po Dameron and kylo ren....both white males

I honestly don’t see what the issue is with this.

Loads of other movies still have predominantly white male leads.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

My masculinity?
You just judged someone from three lines of written text.

I only said that some of the characters felt forced on the audience and not natural.
I literally heard the theatre patrons grown when the purple haired lady showed up.

Apparently that means women should get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You do have a point.

Po Dameron and kylo ren....both white males

I honestly don’t see what the issue is with this.

Loads of other movies still have predominantly white male leads.

Poe is Guatemalan. That's Spanish I think.

And Kylo is the offspring of two original movie white stars. Kinda hard to make him anything but white.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind mixing things up at all.
But it should feel natural and not forced.
I think they failed on that one.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yeah you would be saying that with a all white cast....

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Probably yes, I would.

I loved rouge one.
It felt like everyone belonged
edit on 17-12-2017 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join