It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Family Turns Transgender

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Peeple
Am I the only one who thinks there might be an environmental problem? Some sort of hormones in the water?

Nope lots of biologists have been finding the same in nature. Frogs, fish, etc...

Humans also get in in food, drugs etc..

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Areas around Sarnia, Ont., that are heavily exposed to air pollution from chemical plants are having an unusual baby boom: unexpectedly high numbers of girls.

The surfeit of girls is occurring south and east of this gritty Southern Ontario industrial city, a region known as Canada's Chemical Valley, where prevailing northwest winds generally blow whatever is coming out of Sarnia's smokestacks.

Places most affected by these emissions have about 100 fewer boys under 5 than expected, according to federal census data. In one native community, the Aamjiwnaang First Nation, twice as many girls are being born as boys.

Sarnia is in the spotlight over the sex of children mainly because Aamjiwnaang is having one of the world's most extreme female baby booms. The reserve is also nearly surrounded by chemical plants.

It is normal to have about 105 boys born for every 100 girls, reflecting the way nature keeps the population in balance by compensating for higher male mortality rates. But in Aamjiwnaang, twice as many girls are being born.

A study on the dearth of boys was published last month in Environmental Health Perspectives, a science journal, and it concluded the sex ratio "appears to be outside the range of normal" and is "statistically significant."

The study estimated there was only a 1-per-cent probability that the results were due to chance.

edit on 16/12/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: mobiusmale

None of that had anything to do with what I posted. I was correcting your fake news link.

If you want to have a separate conversation, have it. But not with me and not until you understand the medical aspects of gender dysphoria. Unless you accept the basic foundations of a concept, what is the point of discussing it with you? But again, that has nothing to do with what or why I posted my correction for you.

You think you were correcting the news link I provided...but when all the additional facts are provided (assuming the content of the liberal-biased link you supplied is accurate), the bottom line is the same. An entire family is "transitioning" now, including the minor children in the household.

Based on your later post here, I see that you actually have a dog in this "fight", and are actually personally caught up in the societal complications associated with this whole gender identity issue. So, for the moment, I guess you are right that we could not likely have a very constructive conversation about it.

All the best in any event, and I hope that you and your family come through to the other side of all of these events in a happy and healthy way.
edit on 16-12-2017 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

a reply to: mobiusmale

None of that had anything to do with what I posted. I was correcting your fake news link.

If you want to have a separate conversation, have it. But not with me and not until you understand the medical aspects of gender dysphoria. Unless you accept the basic foundations of a concept, what is the point of discussing it with you? But again, that has nothing to do with what or why I posted my correction for you.

You think you were correcting the news link I provided...but when all the additional facts are provided (assuming the content of the liberal-biased link you supplied is accurate), the bottom line is the same. An entire family is "transitioning" now, including the minor children in the household.

Based on your later post here, I see that you actually have a dog in this "fight", and are actually personally caught up in the societal complications associated with this whole gender identity issue. So, for the moment, I guess you are right that we could not likely have a very constructive conversation about it.

All the best in any event, and I hope that you and your family come through to the other side of all of these events in a happy and healthy way.

My correction was the absurd omissions these types of blogs are famous for. The implication in the article you linked was that two trans parents made their kids trans, as well. You can read the posts in this thread to see that many read it exactly the way they hoped people would. The facts of how the family came together is exactly the opposite and that has nothing to do with liberal bias.

And no, I don't have a "dog in this fight" because my situation is nothing like that. At the very least, I want people like you to be arguing over full stories as opposed to fake news article half stories.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

gender dysphoria (GD) and co-existing psychosis

Controversy exists as to if, and when, gender affirmative (GA) treatment should be offered to individuals with gender dysphoria (GD) and co-existing psychosis. Concerns exist regarding a high risk of misdiagnosis, regret afterward due to impulsive decision making, and deterioration of psychotic symptoms.

Credentials:

Julia H. Meijer, MD, PhD,1 Guus M. Eeckhout, MD,2 Roy H.T. van Vlerken, MD,1 and Annelou L.C. de Vries, MD, PhD3

1Center of Expertise on Gender Dysphoria, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

2Department of Psychiatry, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

3Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Center of Expertise on Gender Dysphoria, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Source

Gender Dysphoria and psychosis go hand in hand.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Controversy exists as to if, and when, gender affirmative (GA) treatment should be offered to individuals with gender dysphoria (GD) and co-existing psychosis. Concerns exist regarding a high risk of misdiagnosis, regret afterward due to impulsive decision making, and deterioration of psychotic symptoms.

Credentials:

Julia H. Meijer, MD, PhD,1 Guus M. Eeckhout, MD,2 Roy H.T. van Vlerken, MD,1 and Annelou L.C. de Vries, MD, PhD3

1Center of Expertise on Gender Dysphoria, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

2Department of Psychiatry, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

3Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Center of Expertise on Gender Dysphoria, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Source

Did you even read that? It's not suggesting there are higher rates of comorbidity. It is analyzing the best way to treat people with psychosis who also happen to exhibit symptoms of gender dysphoria in order to lessen and prevent misdiagnosis.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Credentials:

Source

Did you even read that? It's not suggesting there are higher rates of comorbidity. It is analyzing the best way to treat people with psychosis who also happen to exhibit symptoms of gender dysphoria in order to lessen and prevent misdiagnosis.

Read it fine, it proves Gender Dysphoria and Psychosis go hand in hand.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Credentials:

Source

Lol. I did read it. Quote where it says that.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Credentials:

Source

Rub two of your braincells together after ingesting the content. A misdiagnosis would not be possible if the two conditions could not coexist. They do coexist.

Here is a study of three people where it happened,

Source

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Credentials:

Source

Rub two of your braincells together after ingesting the content. A misdiagnosis would not be possible if the two conditions could not coexist. They do coexist.

Source

Oh my god, of course they can coexist! That's the point of the article. But you are suggesting they coexist at a higher rate than any two other conditions, which this article does not address at all.

The study is done for the same reason there would be a study about comorbidity between HIV and smoking since both have a correlation with white blood cell ratios and other factors. That study wouldn't suggest that smokers are more likely to get HIV. It's to prevent misdiagnosis.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Credentials:

Source

Source

Oh my god, of course they can coexist! That's the point of the article. But you are suggesting they coexist at a higher rate than any two other conditions, which this article does not address at all.

The study is done for the same reason there would be a study about comorbidity between HIV and smoking since both have a correlation with white blood cell ratios and other factors. That study wouldn't suggest that smokers are more likely to get HIV. It's to prevent misdiagnosis.

No, the transsexual community and supporters act like it is natural and we shouldn't question it.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Credentials:

Source

Source

No, the transsexual community and supporters act like it is natural and we shouldn't question it.

That what is natural? For two conditions to coexist?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Credentials:

Source

Source

Wanting the switcheroo of private parts.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Credentials:

Source

Source

Which has nothing to do with the point you were trying to make nor the article you linked.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Credentials:

Source

Source

Which has nothing to do with the point you were trying to make nor the article you linked.

Yes it does, wanting the switcheroo could be associated with psychosis, and there are case examples.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP
Somebody has not been able to figure out "correlation does not equate to causation". Derp.

With your logic, having migraines could be construed as a coexisting indicator of psychosis. Or gender dysphoria. Or cancer. Or, or, or. I get raging migraines myself, let's go nuts jumping to the false conclusions!

edit on 12/16/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Credentials:

Source

Source

Yes it does, wanting the switcheroo could be associated with psychosis, and there are case examples.

Nothing you linked suggests that. I can show case examples of people with cancer and a cleft lip. It doesn't mean they are linked.

The article you linked is about how to prevent misdiagnosis because people with various psychosis are prone to lead doctors on a hunt before landing on a proper cause.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Somebody has not been able to figure out "correlation does not equate to causation". Derp.

With your logic, having migraines could be construed as a coexisting indicator of psychosis. Or gender dysphoria. Or cancer. Or, or, or. I get raging migraines myself, let's go nuts jumping to the false conclusions!

Go tell that to highly credentialed specialists who have done case studies. Your laymans excuses won't cut the mustard versus documented studies.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I don't think you comprehended that link's point anywhere near as well as you're trying to make people believe.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I don't think you comprehended that link's point anywhere near as well as you're trying to make people believe.

You cannot spindoctor science. Psychosis and Gender Dysphoria is a reality and needs to be screened for before giving the switcheroo. It is one of the proven causes for transsexualism therefor cannot be discounted.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You cannot spindoctor science. Psychosis and Gender Dysphoria is a reality and needs to be screened for before giving the switcheroo. It is one of the proven causes for transsexualism therefor cannot be discounted.

Yes, both of those conditions are real. And transsexualism is the result of somebody with gender dysphoria treating their condition. And sometimes, people with various psychosis get misdiagnosed with gender dysphoria. Nobody is discounting that.

You are suggesting they have a higher comorbidity than any other random two conditions. That is not what this study addresses. At all.
edit on 16-12-2017 by Abysha because: oops

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join