It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Family Turns Transgender

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: mobiusmale

LOL You're telling me that this would be the final straw to show that we've collectively lost our minds? Let me see if I get this straight; we have the following people:

1. Flat Earthers

2. Neo-Nazis

3. People who actually think "trickle down economics" works for the little people (lol)

4. Those who think the Earth is 6,000 years old and that humans lived with popular dinosaurs

5. Those who believe that reptilian illuminati dimension-hoppers rule the world

6. Some people who think that every non-Muslim-related mass killing is a govt false flag where the victims are just crisis actors

7. Almost an entire populace that believes in an invisible time-space deity and His equally invisible time-space Angels (myself included, muahahaha!)

Yeah, but I am not supposed to take any of those people seriously. Hence the difference.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks there might be an environmental problem? Some sort of hormones in the water?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

By that logic, why do you have to take the family in the OP seriously? And it's not like they can't also fit into the groups of people that I listed since they're not mutually exclusive.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jokei

LOL No. Some animals like crocodiles & sharks lived during the days of dinosaurs, so I expected some smart aleck to say "but humans along the Nile do live near dinosaurs (Nile Crocodiles), hurr hurr hurr". So I used that phrase to distinguish "popular dinosaurs" like t-rex from merely creatures that lived during that time period.
edit on 16-12-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Like any person familiar with the transphobia on ATS, I fully expect this story to be spun to make it look like the transgender parents are "making" the kids this way. This article (from a tabloid conservoblog) totally, and intentionally, leaves out how this family came together.

Daniel's children were both already transgender (gender dysphoria is not unheard of with siblings, especially twins). When Daniel researched what it was, that's when he transitioned, as well, because he realized that was what he was going through his entire life. Then, after the children were already transitioning, and also after Daniel was already transitioning, that's when he met Shirley (also not that unusual for trans people to partner up, shared experiences being quite the draw, I imagine).

Actual Story

I'd prefer to keep my personal opinion on this to myself since it would likely piss off people on both sides of the fence yet only one side of that fence listens to new information so it's pointless. I just wanted to make sure people are getting the full story and not an abbreviated fake-news conservative piece based on it.
edit on 16-12-2017 by Abysha because: spellinz and claritition.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

LOL You're telling me that this would be the final straw to show that we've collectively lost our minds? Let me see if I get this straight; we have the following people:

1. Flat Earthers

these folks are just Astronomically, Astrophysically and Geometrically challenged

2. Neo-Nazis

these people are just functioning bigots who are frustrated that people keep putting the descriptor "Neo" on the front of their identifier.

3. People who actually think "trickle down economics" works for the little people (lol)

the jury is out on how it affects abnormally tall people too (groan)

4. Those who think the Earth is 6,000 years old and that humans lived with popular dinosaurs

well, I think we can all agree that the Earth is at least 6,000 years old - and who would want to live with an unpopular dinosaur anyway?

5. Those who believe that reptilian illuminati dimension-hoppers rule the world

you forgot to add shape-shifters...

6. Some people who think that every non-Muslim-related mass killing is a govt false flag where the victims are just crisis actors

to paraphrase Donald Trump, when confronted with his disparaging remarks made about women, "only on ATS"

7. Almost an entire populace that believes in an invisible time-space deity and His equally invisible time-space Angels (myself included, muahahaha!)

in fairness, the Deity and his/her Angels do visibly appear to people from time to time...even sober people sometimes

8. The belief that adding more guns to a gun heavy area will reduce the amount of shootings

that's just common sense, isn't it? And I will raise you...cutting funding for people with mental illnesses, whilst radically increasing the prescribing of drugs that increase depression (and the resultant thoughts of harming ones self and others), in combination with ever-increasing magazine sizes and the availability of things like bump-stocks. Of course gun-related violence is going to decrease!

9. A foreign policy that says that if another country's leadership is oppressing its population, we'll attack and invade that country, even though our attacks & occupations end up killing/harming more of that country's citizens than their "despotic" leaders did.

sometimes true, sometimes not...

Yet you think that a single family identifying as transgender is the tipping point? As long as they're happy and it's consenting, then who cares? People teach younger generations that it's honorable to join voluntary militaries and then go overseas to kill people they've never met. No controversy there, eh? And others believe that if people are born within specific imaginary borders on a map, that makes them our enemies or friends, and superior or inferior to other people. Isn't that the whole point in nationalism? Now those are proof that we've lost our collective minds.

you meant to say a single entire family of four, each suddenly identifying as something other than what they actually are. The Op was not an attempt to identify all of society's ills, or to debate the pros and cons of every conceivable political or social position one might take.

But yes, in my opinion, when the PC culture has taken hold to the point that it is supposed to be "normal" for every member of a family to abandon their physical sexual realities, in favour of some imaginary self-identification...including the minor children involved...and then to reassign all of the familial roles within that then wackado family...yup, American Society has finally completely lost its way.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

From your link...

Eleven-year-old Mason — he’s the one with the bike — is living as a boy, after being assigned female at birth

Why do you suppose "he" was "assigned female" at birth? Could it be...I don't know...because she was anatomically a female?

If, later in life, she decides she prefers to wear what is more commonly thought of as male clothing, and would prefer to work in a traditionally male profession, and actually has a sexual preference for other females...then why not just accept the fact that this female is a lesbian with "masculine" tendencies? She, though, is not a man.

The problem with the institutionalizing of this transgender narrative (including teaching it in schools as something that young people should be questioning/exploring about themselves), is that it creates confusion, uncertainty and upset in people - and within family units - where most of the time none would otherwise exist.

Mark my words, assuming this trend continues, within ten years we will go from .6% of the population identifying themselves as transgender, to 25-45% of young people not sure which gender they should be "identifying as".

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
you forgot to mention liberals.
a reply to: enlightenedservant

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

None of that had anything to do with what I posted. I was correcting your fake news link.

If you want to have a separate conversation, have it. But not with me and not until you understand the medical aspects of gender dysphoria. Unless you accept the basic foundations of a concept, what is the point of discussing it with you? But again, that has nothing to do with what or why I posted my correction for you.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I identify as a possum.
I want a penile bifurcation.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Am I the only one who thinks there might be an environmental problem? Some sort of hormones in the water?

Nope lots of biologists have been finding the same in nature. Frogs, fish, etc...

Humans also get in in food, drugs etc..

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I identify as a possum.
I want a penile bifurcation.

Oh lordy, so original! I bet you also often bring up kids pretending to be dinosaurs and that you also identify as an attack chopper.

Such a hoot, you. What would these trans topic threads be without such original zingers?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Each to their own. We are all free to choose how we look and how we feel. The world has become a very judgemental place recently. It's the reason I quit social media. Every aspect of everyone's lives are put under a microscope and ridiculed to the third degree.

Good luck to them if it makes them happy.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Someone needs to take these specimens and study their diets. Looks like a clear case for psychosis but hormonal imbalance may be an important trigger.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: testingtesting
I thought the pursuit of happiness was a thing in the states If it makes them happy well good for them.

only if what makes you happy is acceptable to other people.
that is the real truth

people are very concerned with what other people do
what they do with their bodies
what they put in their bodies
their sexual preferences
etc

Only people's who's lives are so shallow and meaningless they have nothing better to do give a crap about those things.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The United States has finally lost its collective mind!

I agree but not because of this.

How this family chose to live their lives is up to them , who are they hurting ?

No one really, at least not until they are your next door neighbors and invite your kids over for a slumber party etc.

I bet even then you'd be thinking "um, no".

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm trying to be all cool and accepting and stuff but what are the chances that all members of a family should "really need" this? Not even an easy thing to define but i can't really believe that they all have a legitimate requirement to transition and i feel pretty sure that one or more of them may deeply regret their choice. Oh well.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If you have an issue with Transgender - - - its really your issue.

Not there's.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
being trans and being a lesbain are 2 entirely different things......a lesbian is a woman attracted to another woman she is perfectly happy with is between her legs.......a transgender is born male in this particuar example....their brain is wired differently it is telling them they are the opposite of what they see between there legs...it is not a whim, a fad, they are not esily influenced...if that were the case then psychiatrsist would be succesfully treating them., but that is not the case even after years of therapy

originally posted by: mobiusmale
a reply to: Abysha

From your link...

Eleven-year-old Mason — he’s the one with the bike — is living as a boy, after being assigned female at birth

Why do you suppose "he" was "assigned female" at birth? Could it be...I don't know...because she was anatomically a female?

If, later in life, she decides she prefers to wear what is more commonly thought of as male clothing, and would prefer to work in a traditionally male profession, and actually has a sexual preference for other females...then why not just accept the fact that this female is a lesbian with "masculine" tendencies? She, though, is not a man.

The problem with the institutionalizing of this transgender narrative (including teaching it in schools as something that young people should be questioning/exploring about themselves), is that it creates confusion, uncertainty and upset in people - and within family units - where most of the time none would otherwise exist.

Mark my words, assuming this trend continues, within ten years we will go from .6% of the population identifying themselves as transgender, to 25-45% of young people not sure which gender they should be "identifying as".

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: gortex

The United States has finally lost its collective mind!

I agree but not because of this.

How this family chose to live their lives is up to them , who are they hurting ?

No one really, at least not until they are your next door neighbors and invite your kids over for a slumber party etc.

I bet even then you'd be thinking "um, no".

Why?

All of my daughter's friends stay over at our house even though I'm a single mom and also a transsexual. I bake cookies, set up the tea party (not since they've gotten older *sniff*), and make sure nobody's fighting over which game to play or movie to watch. Just like on those nauseating 80's sitcoms.

Only one of those friends had a mom who had an issue with it. Coincidentally, she also wouldn't let her daughter stay at my daughter's other friend's house because she is black (we're assuming because, in all regards, her black friend's household is a picture perfect family). But that mother lets her daughter roam around everywhere she pleases and stays with god-fearing meth addict families with zero hesitation.

It's all perspective. Either your discretion is evidence-based or fear-based. Maybe it's a local culture thing? I'm at a loss when trying to make logic out of prejudice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join