It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Judge in Chicago Gives 4 Years probation to One of the Torturers of a White Autistic Man.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse Affluenza???

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

So... just let people get away with it?
Ridiculous notion, sure, do whatever you want in a cooperative society, with no consequences...my God. How do you propose we rehabilitate such criminals?

Personally, I say death penalty, then theres no issue.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

If it had been 4 white people who kidnapped, tortured, video taped and posted their actions on youtube, every single one of those white violent thugs would have received time in prison, and I would have agreed with it.

This isn't about race, and your premise is false.

I am not aware of any White people kidnapping, torturing and videotaping and posting their actions on youtube, but I do know of a comparable situation in which three White guys sexually assaulted a Black special needs student and received a comparable sentence to this one:

An Idaho high school football player who was facing charges of sexually assaulting a special needs student with a coat hanger will not serve any prison time as part of a plea deal.

John R.K. Howard, 18, was initially charged with “forcible sexual penetration by use of a foreign object” after he and two other players allegedly assaulted the 18-year-old victim in the Dietrich High School locker room in Oct 2015.

Howard agreed to plead guilty to one count of felony injury to a child Friday, according to reports. Now, instead of facing life in prison, he will be sentenced to two to three years of probation and 300 hours of community service.

Here is the ATS thread on this White football player that received a similar sentence for a similar crime:

White teen avoids jail for rape of black student

Interesting that so many in that thread made pretty much the same claim about race determining the sentence -- from the opposite side of the coin.

Assaulting another person is wrong. Period. Not because of the color of the attacker's skin or the color of the victim's skin... it's wrong for anyone of any color to do it to anyone else of any color -- including the same skin color.

In the meantime, our "enforcers" have been proven to be corrupt and abusive in many many ways... persecuting some that don't deserve to be persecuted and protecting others that deserve to have the book thrown at them.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

If it had been 4 white people who kidnapped, tortured, video taped and posted their actions on youtube, every single one of those white violent thugs would have received time in prison, and I would have agreed with it.

I really don't care what race people are,

I'd say those two paragraphs don't actually jive You "don't care..." but you started with the difference in race. Oxymoron.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yes. MAYBE,just maybe,one would try to make the best you can,out of a Very bad situation.
I can guarrantee you,had that young woman grown up in me+my husband's household,she would have far more sense and self-respect than to to even Want to associate with the other 3 in this case.
But obviously she is the child of some one who could not give 2 flying effs about whom her daughter associates with. Now,everyone who has been following my posts on ATS,would know i'm a crusader for personal responsibility,and i still am. However,we have to deal with the fall-out from a system (welfare+all the safety nets in America for unwed mothers) that produces people who are inherently irresponsible and selfish,and i cannot assume this young woman had a 2 parent,loving,supportive household,who taught personal responsibilty,common sense and compassion for others.So maybe in her,of all the 4 accused,the judge saw and sensed something worth trying to rehabilitate.

Because at the end of the day,without breaking the law oneself and becoming a vigilante judge,jury and executioner,one has,as a society,and member of the judiciary, to deal with the rotten hand you're dealt,in a way that can at best Hopefully constructive.

You know what my husband would have done,if the victim had been a member of our household? He would have murdered all 4,or worked tirelessly within the prison system till he got them killed inside. He would have mercilessly stalked Brittany Covington and murdered her. This i know beyond the shadow of a doubt,and you would have more success convincing the Earth's tectonic plates to start spinning around like a fidget spinners 24/7,singing a Lana del Rey song,than you would have to dissuade him off his course of action.

Is that right? No.

Because they are racist,they are idiotic,they are arrogant,they are scummy,cruel people,but they are NOT murderers. Had they been irredeemably evil,they would have taken the victim somewhere,quietly and quickly murdered him,and borne the dark secret amongst them till they passed on. They would have reunions once a year and laughed at how they got away with murder.

I guess what i am trying to say,let us try to salvage what and whom we can amongst this miserable species i have incarnated amongst,as have all of you.
edit on 16-12-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2017 by Raxoxane because: grammar

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I have to say, that anyone that harms a handicapped person should get the maximum sentence allowable and then some.
Why would anyone want to harm a handicapped person?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

Because they can fight back much less effectively. Because the people who do this type of thing are cowards,bullies,people with so much anger,such pettiness and hatred for life in general,for EVEN their Own Lives..that they do this type of thing. Think what households those kids grew up in,to be like this..I am trapped between the opinion of a hubby,who like many members of ATS,would just send them down and kill them down in the cells..Now i have grand children,2 twin baby boys,growing up with a loving,happily married,Competent set of parents,2 sets of doting grandparents,2 adoring aunties,and a cool 11yo uncle with whom they share a Birthday. I just somehow Know none of the 4 #ty disgusting young people in this crime,had this good start in life..idk..lately i have been Thinking more,since my grandbabies were born. When i look at the heaven of love and adoration they were born into,with a happily married mom+dad,and 2 grand dads working,earning good bucks,so much love,support,affection,financial help..

I was adopted at age 10 days old into a truly monstrously unsuitable household,by a mentally deranged woman who's husband was not even in-country when she thus illegally adopted me. A lifelong friend of their's, a Freemason (Sorry,Auggie!!) basically just let me have her. Also i was a lifelong alien abductee. And i grew up,as a super sensitive Empath,back in apartheid South Africa in the 60's and early 70's.I never,for one moment of my life,right up to this minute when i type this,have even remotely EVER felt like a member of the human race. I had every reason,and i had the desire so often,growing up,that i just wanted to let the world burn. That i would die with everyone else on the planet,as the world burned Down.And screaming in joy as i burned with the world..

That's the thing,i UNDERSTAND young people like this..i felt all i said above,as a poor white South African..me and these kids from the ghetto's have so much in common,so much more in common with each other,than with wealthy whites and blacks.. it breaks my heart.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
OK, horrific crime, and those who did it should hang, at least metaphorically. I've no issue with that opinion, I share it.

However...as regards the plea deal?

We don't have any idea what the plea deal was, unless someone has had better luck than I have had finding it?

Which leads me to believe that perhaps it was something rather substantial. So, if it leads to others being thrown into the clink at a future date? It's a wash. The judge himself said that the deal comes with conditions...screw up, and you're probably going to jail.

Let's see what comes of this--assuming we ever find out--before lynching the judge. There's information we don't have.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

People get away with a lot of things and it can be said of all ethnicity. Now think about this. Is it really better for this young person, to go prison and learn how to be an adult there? Will that really help her be the person that she should be? I agree that man deserves justice. I am just trying to look at this from every angle I can think of. I really am glad, I am not the Judge, because I am not sure what the real justice would be. Maybe the victim should have say in the matter, but that may not be justice, that would seem more like revenge, which perverts justice.

wth... You actually think such a person deserves any sympathy at all? You are out of your mind. The real justice would have been for her to have spent 15 years in prison. There are two types of people who go to jail.

Type 1. The people who commit a crime and do learn from their experience in jail not to repeat any sort of crimes.

Type 2. The people who are and will continue to be repeat offenders whether or not they would have spent time in jail.

It's not about "revenge", as revenge would mean that she would be subject to the same treatment she and her sister and the other two thugs did on the young autistic man...

For her to serve time in jail would have been justice. Giving her 4 year probation is only a slap in the wrist, and shows how messed up liberal judges are these days giving more sympathy to criminals than to the victims of such criminals.

edit on 16-12-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Even with a plea deal she should have spent time in jail. The plea deal should have only reduced her sentence instead of just giving her a slap in the wrist.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

That would depend upon what, if anything, the plea deal brought to the table.

If it brings charges/jail time for some drug king pin or something of the sort, I'll plug my nose and live with it. Anything less, and I'm right there with you.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Letting her remain in society would not go unchecked. She would have to wear a tag so her location is known at all times. She would be doing community service within a group of supervisors. If she has a regular job of 8 hrs per day, 8 hrs for sleep, 2-3 hrs for community service, 1 hr for getting ready for work, 1 hr travelling to and from work, 1 hr to make and eat dinner that only leaves 2-3 hours for doing everything else. Sunday is usually a rest day, and at that point she could be confined to her house. Those would make part of her conditions of service, and if she broke any of them it is jail time. She would, after all, still be under punishment whilst being rehabilitated. I wasn't suggesting she does 2-3 hrs victim support community service and then gets to bugger off with her old pals and get up to no good. That would not be much of a punishment nor would it help her get on the right path in life.

I know there are some very disturbed and bad people out there, who would never be anything other than a danger and menace to society, no matter how much rehabilitation they receive. These are the ones that need to be locked up and never let out.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well obviously you haven't been to college recently, or spent sufficient time with 25 year old social justice experts, because if you had you would know that racism, hate crimes, or violence aren't real towards white people because they are privileged and hold ALL the power. No people of color can actually harm wypipo, nor can wypipo be a victim.

#StayWoke
edit on 16-12-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I wasn't aware of that story, but that is another example of not holding criminals accountable to their crimes. That white thug should be in jail alongside any other accomplice.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I wasn't aware of that story, but that is another example of not holding criminals accountable to their crimes. That white thug should be in jail alongside any other acconplice.

Exactly. This isn't about race... it's about accountability. Unfortunately, whereas the story of the Chicago teens got lots of national airplay because "Trump," the story of the football players not so much. I'll bet this crap happens all over the country all the time, but unless it serves a political purpose, it's virtually ignored -- at least on the national level.

There are many "crimes" that shouldn't even be criminal, and others that don't warrant prison time. But when someone has demonstrated they are a threat to the people around them, they need to be locked up.

On the flip side, lucky for these kids they didn't just destroy property and leave bacon at a mosque, eh? THAT would've gotten 'em 15 years...

Vandal who left bacon inside mosque gets 15 years in prison

It's a damn crying shame.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
I never,for one moment of my life,right up to this minute when i type this,have even remotely EVER felt like a member of the human race. I had every reason,and i had the desire so often,growing up,that i just wanted to let the world burn. That i would die with everyone else on the planet,as the world burned Down.And screaming in joy as i burned with the world..

That's the thing,i UNDERSTAND young people like this..i felt all i said above,as a poor white South African..me and these kids from the ghetto's have so much in common,so much more in common with each other,than with wealthy whites and blacks.. it breaks my heart.

You really need psychiatric help. That hatred you and so many people have for humanity is neither healthy, or even a good sign. If you don't receive help, I am afraid you will eventually give in to your darker side and might even commit some heinous crime.

You think you, among a few others, are the only people who have suffered and you are wrong. Millions of people have suffered the same as you, or worse and they don't give in to those dark thoughts you are posting in here.

There are good and bad people in the world, and having those thoughts you have about "being happy if the world and humanity burns" are a sign of you possibly becoming "one of the bad people" in this world. Your lack of empathy for other humans is a sign that psychopaths demonstrate time and again.

You claim you understand the suffering of other poor people, but at the same time you also say that you would be happy if the world and all people in it burn. Those are two contradicting arguments, and again, if you seek no help those dark thoughts you have could very well lead you into becoming a criminal.

There are others like you who have the same type of thoughts. Many of you even believe that "animals don't do what humans do" and you are all wrong. Animals can and do heinous acts similar to some human monsters. Entire species of animals and insects are also constantly at war with other species to the point that there are species of animals and insects who commit "genocide" of other species on Earth.

Seek help before it is too late.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I did reach a conclusion that might not be entirely true. But if you look at what has been happening recently, such as the fact that the left would not label as"extremist and racist groups" black groups that are violent and incite violence, my argument is not entirely untrue either.

This problem is one that the left in general created wanting to shift the blame of criminals and even wanting to protect criminals more than their victims or possible victims. i am not saying that there are no people who lean to the right, even politicians, who are criminals and resort to all manners of crime because there are such people.

But this shifting the blame from criminals, alongside not holding them responsible for their actions and trying to blame someone or something else for criminals committing those crimes, be it "society, the parents of the criminals, etc, etc" is something that the left in general have been insisting on and implementing throughout the nation.

Criminals no matter their race, gender, religion, or whatever else should be held accountable for their actions.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

People get away with a lot of things and it can be said of all ethnicity. Now think about this. Is it really better for this young person, to go prison and learn how to be an adult there? Will that really help her be the person that she should be? I agree that man deserves justice. I am just trying to look at this from every angle I can think of. I really am glad, I am not the Judge, because I am not sure what the real justice would be. Maybe the victim should have say in the matter, but that may not be justice, that would seem more like revenge, which perverts justice.

wth... You actually think such a person deserves any sympathy at all? You are out of your mind. The real justice would have been for her to have spent 15 years in prison. There are two types of people who go to jail.

Type 1. The people who commit a crime and do learn from their experience in jail not to repeat any sort of crimes.

Type 2. The people who are and will continue to be repeat offenders whether or not they would have spent time in jail.

It's not about "revenge", as revenge would mean that she would be subject to the same treatment she and her sister and the other two thugs did on the young autistic man...

For her to serve time in jail would have been justice. Giving her 4 year probation is only a slap in the wrist, and shows how messed up liberal judges are these days giving more sympathy to criminals than to the victims of such criminals.

I agree Justice was not served.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

This problem is one that the left in general created wanting to shift the blame of criminals and even wanting to protect criminals more than their victims or possible victims. i am not saying that there are no people who lean to the right, even politicians, who are criminals and resort to all manners of crime because there are such people.

I disagree. Both "sides" have clouded the issues from their own perspective... and I have no doubt that each perspective is designed to trigger different people in different ways... basically divide-and-conquer to keep us fighting over stupid crap while they do as they wish. It's the old "Good cop/Bad cop" ploy.

Let's take Chicago. The biggest problem they have in Chicago is dirty politicians, working with -- and therefore empowering and enabling -- criminals of all kinds, including El Chapo and the Sinaloa drug cartels, for their dirty deeds. Like this:

Watch Your Back Chicago Police Bosses Targeted Cops Who Exposed Corruption
Feds Confirm: Chicago Police Department Is as Corrupt as You Thought It Was
Chicago's Chronic Police Corruption Leads to Its First 'Mass Exoneration'
Corrupt Chicago Police Were Taxing Drug Dealers and Targeting Their Rivals

Folks who didn't play ball with dirty cops ended up dead... do you really think all those shootings in Chicago are really just civilians who don't know how to act right??? Read some of the articles I linked and you'll find out otherwise.

But even if it were just civilians who don't know how to act right, let's take a look at those civilians... and their water. Their very lead-tainted water -- worse than Flint by some reports.

'It's a disaster': East Chicago still reeling from lead crisis, and EPA can't say if water is safe
As other cities dig up pipes made of toxic lead, Chicago resists
This Lead-Poisoned City Could Be Trump’s Flint

And what does drinking lead water do? It makes people stupid and violent. This is well-known,well-established and well-documented...and where in Chicago is it the worst? In the oldest neighborhoods... the slums and ghettos and barrios.

Lead poisoning may also be the case for the football players in Idaho, albeit from the air/soil rather than water, due to industrial smeltering done in very toxic ways:
Lead poisoning affects Idaho, too
Like Flint, Idaho knows lead poisoning

I'd bet you dollars to donuts that if these kids were tested for lead poisoning, they would be off the charts. Which would you prefer: That we sit here having this conversation about who's the "worst"? Or that something was actually done about the problem 30 years ago and there would be no need for this conversation because this NEVER HAPPENED???

And let's look at this from another perspective: We hear Republicans throw out the old "most crimes are committed by Blacks." But they know that's grossly misrepresenting the statistics. Many (most) crimes are committed by a few Blacks. (Just as most police misconduct is committed by a few cops under corrupt bosses -- the rot starts at the top.). Also, most crimes are committed by gang members -- of ALL races and colors. And most murders are committed by WHITE gang members (think biker gangs). As Mark Twain said so well, "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics." I can take it even further and say that the vast vast majority of all murders are committed by men. Yup. Men. Shall we throw all men under the bus because of the relative few who can't act right???

My crystal ball didn't tell me all this. It's public knowledge -- and twisted and contorted by all sides for their own purposes -- usually political (and $$$ of course!). Which brings me back to my original point: They all know what's wrong and they're all playing it for their own gain and to hell with all of us! Good cop/Bad cop... divide-and-conquer.

And I apologize this is so long. I have looked into this crap trying to find solutions (and only finding more and more and even more crap!!!). This is destroying us -- ALL of us. And it doesn't matter what color our skin is.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I disagree. Both "sides" have clouded the issues from their own perspective... and I have no doubt that each perspective is designed to trigger different people in different ways... basically divide-and-conquer to keep us fighting over stupid crap while they do as they wish. It's the old "Good cop/Bad cop" ploy.

Let's take Chicago. The biggest problem they have in Chicago is dirty politicians, working with -- and therefore empowering and enabling -- criminals of all kinds, including El Chapo and the Sinaloa drug cartels, for their dirty deeds. Like this:

Watch Your Back Chicago Police Bosses Targeted Cops Who Exposed Corruption
Feds Confirm: Chicago Police Department Is as Corrupt as You Thought It Was
Chicago's Chronic Police Corruption Leads to Its First 'Mass Exoneration'
Corrupt Chicago Police Were Taxing Drug Dealers and Targeting Their Rivals

Folks who didn't play ball with dirty cops ended up dead... do you really think all those shootings in Chicago are really just civilians who don't know how to act right??? Read some of the articles I linked and you'll find out otherwise.

But even if it were just civilians who don't know how to act right, let's take a look at those civilians... and their water. Their very lead-tainted water -- worse than Flint by some reports.

'It's a disaster': East Chicago still reeling from lead crisis, and EPA can't say if water is safe
As other cities dig up pipes made of toxic lead, Chicago resists
This Lead-Poisoned City Could Be Trump’s Flint

And what does drinking lead water do? It makes people stupid and violent. This is well-known,well-established and well-documented...and where in Chicago is it the worst? In the oldest neighborhoods... the slums and ghettos and barrios.

Lead poisoning may also be the case for the football players in Idaho, albeit from the air/soil rather than water, due to industrial smeltering done in very toxic ways:
Lead poisoning affects Idaho, too
Like Flint, Idaho knows lead poisoning

I'd bet you dollars to donuts that if these kids were tested for lead poisoning, they would be off the charts. Which would you prefer: That we sit here having this conversation about who's the "worst"? Or that something was actually done about the problem 30 years ago and there would be no need for this conversation because this NEVER HAPPENED???

And let's look at this from another perspective: We hear Republicans throw out the old "most crimes are committed by Blacks." But they know that's grossly misrepresenting the statistics. Many (most) crimes are committed by a few Blacks. (Just as most police misconduct is committed by a few cops under corrupt bosses -- the rot starts at the top.). Also, most crimes are committed by gang members -- of ALL races and colors. And most murders are committed by WHITE gang members (think biker gangs). As Mark Twain said so well, "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics." I can take it even further and say that the vast vast majority of all murders are committed by men. Yup. Men. Shall we throw all men under the bus because of the relative few who can't act right???

My crystal ball didn't tell me all this. It's public knowledge -- and twisted and contorted by all sides for their own purposes -- usually political (and $$$ of course!). Which brings me back to my original point: They all know what's wrong and they're all playing it for their own gain and to hell with all of us! Good cop/Bad cop... divide-and-conquer.

And I apologize this is so long. I have looked into this crap trying to find solutions (and only finding more and more and even more crap!!!). This is destroying us -- ALL of us. And it doesn't matter what color our skin is.

She wasn't poisoned enough to not know right from wrong, score her weed, check into her video chat account and roll a "blunt". Max sentence.

She's also associates with people who would torture and kill Caucasians (BLM) if they could get away with it therefore needs to be removed from society for society's sake. Not for rehab or punishment just for public safety.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join