It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brutal confirmation hearing: Trump pick for federal judge can't answer basic questions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

actually, I though it was the Federalist Society who was picking them??

thehill.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Is that what's called draining the swamp?

Senate Republicans Set to Move Forward with Judicial Nominee Rated “Not Qualified”

Grasz is also a former general counsel of the Nebraska Republican Party, and, according to a Senate Judiciary Committee questionnaire, has served on multiple Republican campaign committees.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Oh, you mean you want more liberal judges like the one from Chicago (had to come from a liberal/leftist city) who let Brittany Covington, 19, go with only 4 years probation? She is one of the black gang of violent BLM thugs who recorded themselves kidnapping, torturing, including scalping..., insulting, and bullying a white autistic man who they claimed must be a "Trump supporter"...

Woman, 19, gets probation in beating of disabled teen on Facebook Live

edit on 15-12-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Is that what's called draining the swamp?

Senate Republicans Set to Move Forward with Judicial Nominee Rated “Not Qualified”

Grasz is also a former general counsel of the Nebraska Republican Party, and, according to a Senate Judiciary Committee questionnaire, has served on multiple Republican campaign committees.

what? do u think the swamp is a one sided thing? both parties have been in the muck for decades

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Question. How hard is it to find some a qualified person with even the most basic knowledge on legal matters? Especially when you're the world's most powerful man and you have all the advisors you could want at your fingertips?

ouisiana Republican Sen. John Kennedy sent a message to the White House about the qualifications of some of President Trump's judicial nominees by grilling a court pick about basic courtroom skills as well as more obscure areas of law.

'Have any of you not tried a case to verdict in a courtroom?' Kennedy asked a panel of nominees to serve in lifetime appointments at federal courts.

When Matthew Spencer Petersen answered in the negative, Kennedy drilled down on his background.

'Have you ever tried a jury trial?'

'I have not,' Petersen, nominated to serve on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia responded.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

That's right folks. One of Trumps picks for a lifetime Federal Judge position has never tried a jury trial.

Oh there's more:

Republican Sen. John Kennedy of Louisiana asked whether he had ever tried a case or taken a deposition
Learning of Petersen's courtroom inexperience, he grilled him on legal terms
'Can you tell me what the Daubert standard is?
Petersen, the chair of the Federal Election Commission, stumbled and struggled
Kennedy finally asked a panel of judges whether any had blogged about the KKK
The White House withdrew support for a prior court nominee rated not qualified who was revealed to have written in support of the early Ku Klux Klan

www.dailymail.co.uk...

As many of you would know, Federal judges hold an important position and make decisions that impact millions. I cannot stress how worrying this is, that this administration is filling up the court rooms with questionable and unqualified judges. What the hell is going on? This guy is making a mockery out of the system.

Matthew Petersen, the clueless Trump appointee in question, has a questionable history as well. He served on the FEC as a commissioner in the past and from 2008 to 2013 along with McGahn another Trump appointee. They worked together to weaken enforcement of campaign finance laws, and to try to prevent “dark money” outside groups spending big on elections from being reined in. Both of these two also have close ties with Trump Administration staffers. It just gets worse and worse.

Mods - title shortened to fit into thread.

lol. I know. It is almost like all of these laws that are making us less free can be looked up online. Why remember them? No big deal imo. There are so many laws that not one person knows them all.

Ya know, I think I have come to the realization of why TV shows about housewives are such a hit with mainstream public. It really is all about the drama.
edit on 16-12-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

It looks weird to me too but honestly a background in nice schools does not guarantee competence, especially if your time after is spent vegetating in a political appointment where you deal with a very narrow field of responsibility.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Yep, he sounds like a real "clown".

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
When you elect a CLOWN to office, he's always gonna have his Clown friends... These appointments, case and point...

As to why they have been appointed or going to be, is they're obviously extremely green and more importantly easy to manipulate

edit on 16-12-2017 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

a reply to: neo96

So that means it's perfectly fine and right to put in unqualified individuals into the position?

Just because the administration can do it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. These judges make the ultimate decisions impacting millions. Putting unqualified individuals into these positions is a recipe for disaster.

Remember the constitution has no real qualifications for president as well as for basic requirements like age etc. How many were whining on here on how unqualified Obama was? You were one of them after all.

So, are you screaming for liberal judges who have been making terrible unconstitutional decisions whilst actually in the position to be removed??? None of those idiots who tried to quash the travel ban, for example, have any understanding of the constitution. That's worse than not knowing what Daubert standard is, no?

As long as the nominee applies the law and upholds the constitution then he's good to go IMO.

I do believe there are hundreds of nominations - do you think finding one that might not be top notch is a good stick to start waving around whilst jerking yourself off over Trump again?

Now what should happen is that any judge with a poor record of correctly applying the constitution should be removed. That would be far better than a lifetime appointment based on dumbasses in Congress asking gotcha questions in some staged interview. The actual nomination should be by existing judges with good records - the ones that bat 1.000 or close to it.
edit on 16/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If they can read, they are smarter than Trump.

If they can spell, they are smarter than Trump.

If they can walk and talk at the same time, they are smarter than Trump.

Mabey Trump should have another "rally", filled with hundreds of hundreds of supporters, so he can tell everyone how smart he is. I'm starting to forget.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi are representatives and you wanna ask this question, now?

Good luck with that.
edit on 17-12-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

LOL...you have a bad life mate. How's your hypertension these days?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
A few things to clarify from your original post:
The judge being nominated was not a federal judge, but an attorney/lawyer that Trump ENDORSED, at the district level. Amazing that CNN would create the narrative out of thin air that somehow it was more than an endorsement, since the governor of most states have the power to appoint district level judges. Also, most states have very little, if any requirements for district judges, except to be "well versed in the law and a moral understanding of right and wrong", which he has more than fulfilled with his doctorate degree from the university of Virginia school of law. Again, nasty, liberal, hate filled narrative against Trump any time he sneezes or blinks.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allenb83
A few things to clarify from your original post:
The judge being nominated was not a federal judge, but an attorney/lawyer that Trump ENDORSED, at the district level. Amazing that CNN would create the narrative out of thin air that somehow it was more than an endorsement, since the governor of most states have the power to appoint district level judges. Also, most states have very little, if any requirements for district judges, except to be "well versed in the law and a moral understanding of right and wrong", which he has more than fulfilled with his doctorate degree from the university of Virginia school of law. Again, nasty, liberal, hate filled narrative against Trump any time he sneezes or blinks.

U ok hun?

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

As long as he supports the Constitution and hates Cultural Marxism? Good enough for me!!

Really seeker?? a dumbassed know nothing , Klan fanboy is your goto guy.
Can't say I'm surprised tho, given other appointments made by Trump..MAGA ma ass perhaps it meant Make America Gag Again...

edit on 18-12-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Allenb83

Also, most states have very little, if any requirements for district judges, except to be "well versed in the law and a moral understanding of right and wrong", which he has more than fulfilled with his doctorate degree 

He is well versed in dick!! cant answer. a few give away questions, Moral understanding of what??? He is a Klan fanboy, what's so moral about that. I should trust him to bring justice to victims of white supremacist , like they did back in the bad old days.
A lot of Japanese have a valid drivers license, my wife included, never got behind a wheel after attaining it, trust them on the road??.
edit on 18-12-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Poor Vetting Sinks Trump’s Nominees for Federal Judge

and he's out folks. Sunk.

Matthew Petersen. Worst Judicial nominee in history.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Poor Vetting Sinks Trump’s Nominees for Federal Judge

and he's out folks. Sunk.

Matthew Petersen. Worst Judicial nominee in history.

I believe over 20 have now been confirmed and there are more than 50 still to go (plus more to be nominated). I believe there is a backlog of 114 in total (the most since Clinton took office) because the republicans refused to appoint Obamas liberal judges - smart move.

A handful will fall over at the confirmation hearings, but the goal of putting conservative judges that respect the constitution in place is going to be achieved. That's the main thing to be pleased about - the progressives dream of destroying the legal system by infesting it with people who drive a truck over the constitution when it suits political aims is over.

Elections have consequences - in this case, good ones.
edit on 19/12/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
It amazes me, that every single time I engage in argument with anyone from the left, ie 'liberal' or 'progressive' they always have to use blanket statements or expletives to drive their point home, or even frame an argument around it, usually with very little substance to back up their claims. I would love to see your evidence that just because this guy is white and republican, he is somehow tied to the KKK. And why get a drivers license if your never going to use it? Oh wait, you need one in America for identification purposes.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Allenb83

I'll walk back the KKK connects to Matthew Spencer , it was the other abject reject, failure Brett Talley who was Klan likable blogger, The rest of my statement stands or to take a pg from Neo Cons, double down even.
www.washingtonpost.com...

If I sound angry, it's not about Reps so to speak, I have lived under Republican admin, but your guy is something else, he lies big and small, he subvert the very institutions he is in charge of by putting the most unqualified people he could get his hands on and I have to ask why???.
edit on 21-12-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join