It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brutal confirmation hearing: Trump pick for federal judge can't answer basic questions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: neo96

Good enough for the presidency.

Good enough for federal judges.

Even when they're clearly not good enough.

Admit it, you don't care. So long as there's an R.

Now you’ve gone and hit the nail on the head.

If Trump would choose a sexual predator over a Democrat just because of the “R” by his name, what makes you think it would be any different with federal judges?
edit on 15-12-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
How did trump pick this man? What were his requirements to offer a lifetime position on the supreme court to someone who's never even argued a motion in a court room never mind that he's never even been in a federal court.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well the guy has a Doctor of Law degree.

What else could make him "qualified" ?

People scream their heads off about "education" and then they scream when educated people are placed in high positions.

wtf.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Courts are so screwed up, we have judges that think they make the law and people are not freaking over that, so why exactly should this horrify me?

Democrat or Republican neither has actually tried to fix any of the problems we are facing.

A judges job is to interpret the law. And to apply the law. It's not making the law but I guess it could come off that way depending upon your experience with it.
In the normal course of events a judge attains their position through experience in the judicial system. If you've never even litigated a jury trial how can you offer anything to the court system?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

So kangaroos are okay?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Courts are so screwed up, we have judges that think they make the law and people are not freaking over that, so why exactly should this horrify me?

Democrat or Republican neither has actually tried to fix any of the problems we are facing.

A judges job is to interpret the law. And to apply the law. It's not making the law but I guess it could come off that way depending upon your experience with it.
In the normal course of events a judge attains their position through experience in the judicial system. If you've never even litigated a jury trial how can you offer anything to the court system?

Probation eh.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Like My Cousin Vinny.
Have you ever been in a courtroom? Uh I was gonna get around to it this summer.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

This may be the case, Neo - which is why it is legal for this guy to get to be a judge. However, whether or not it is a good idea is another matter entirely...

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I ready to try anything at this point. Considering how fowled up the country is getting with professional lawyers populating the bench maybe some folks not beholding to the status quo could help steer things back toward the intent of the constitution. For instance some one tell me the convoluted thought process that declares a corporation is a person with free speech rights allowing it to make campaign donations.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You just wonder is Trump doing this on purpose. Choosing people super unqualified like this judge and Ormarosa he just fired and many others who aren’t remotely qualified to do their job and everybody knows it yet this moron Trump nominates them anyway.

Go down the list; His choice for education secretary, the woman was a disaster in hearings. His choice for sec of state, a disaster. Sec of HUD the unqualified Ben Carson, his son in law for bringing peace to the ME, a real joke

On and on and on, a government of incompetent folly

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well the guy has a Doctor of Law degree.

What else could make him "qualified" ?

People scream their heads off about "education" and then they scream when educated people are placed in high positions.

wtf.

EXPERIENCE

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

He might be putting them into positions to get "outed".

Can't out them if their not visible.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So how many cases do Federal courts see that "require" jury trial experience?

What percentage?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge!

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Everyone knows what the real beef here is.

Petersen graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. in philosophy from Brigham Young University in 1996. He also received an Associate of Science with high honors from Utah Valley State College.[3] Petersen received his Juris Doctor in 1999 from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was a member of the Virginia Law Review.

en.wikipedia.org...

Notable alumni include U.S. Supreme Court Justices James Clark McReynolds and Stanley Forman Reed, as well as numerous members of U.S. Congress and judges on federal courts throughout the United States.

en.wikipedia.org...

Trump had the nerve of nominating him.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It’s about striving for excellence and basic competence.

Trump seems to deliberately trying to undermine government.

It may be that lunatic Bannon’s idea of "deconstruction" Trump is trying to do.

Destroy government by making it incompetent

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Its the republicans who exposed him

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join