It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he'll militarize local police, takes jab at Obama administration

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Tax dollars well spent on harassing civilians it is so great they have military hardware that can make them tremble and soil themselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Did you actually listen to the whole video?

Maybe you missed the part where the officer informed him it was not a Tank and questioned his saying he was in the Navy when he did not know it was not a Tank? How about the part about the young ladies head in his lap, who appeared to be giving him fellatio while he was driving?

Driving down the road, his girlfriends head in his lap, flipping off cops who can see and he's shocked he was pulled over.

The officer also mentioned how that armored personal carrier had already saved lives.

Gainesville Cops Using Tank For Traffic Stops

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Yes, I heard the cops pitiful excuse for using military hardware to intimidate citizens.

Improper hand signal was what the cop stated why he used his high and mighty militarized vehicle to pull him over.

Improper hand signal. Realizing that he is being recorded he starts coming up with other excuses.

There is no reasonable excuse for cops to be terrorizing citizens with armored personnel carriers. Maybe just maybe that carrier has saved lives, but there is an absolute fact that police have used military hardware to take innocent lives as well. There is one case where they blockaded the home of a 30 year old father of 2 with all types of military vehicles threw in tear gas which cased a fire and burnt him to death.

What was his crime? None. So sorry wrong guy they fed up, but of course didn't admit it. Police brutality and records of killing innocent people in this country is a major issue. Maybe they are just incompetent, but giving them military hardware is not going to make them better cops. If anything it will make them more aggressive which we do not need or want.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Sounds to me like you think the cops are out to get you and you view them through that lens. We will have to agree to disagree. LEO's have every right to protect themselves and they are not the bad guys.

Are they perfect? No. Are there bad apples among them? Yes. Is there a vast conspiracy by them to create a police state? Only in fiction.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

why not use military instead of "militarizing" the police?
there would be a distinct difference in uniform, clear organizational hierarchy, clear on who answers to whom, military training, military fitness requirements, military firearms training.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So do we know which equipment in particular?

They've already had tanks, and sonic cannons, and full auto, and and all the fancy gadgets since Bill Clinton.

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Sounds to me like you think the cops are out to get you and you view them through that lens. We will have to agree to disagree. LEO's have every right to protect themselves and they are not the bad guys.

You dont get out enough I am afraid.
edit on 18-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well, I rarely get pulled over and when I do nothing bad happens. I suspect people who get pulled over often and have problems bring it on themselves.

In my case I learned when still very young that if you are polite to them and cooperative, they leave you alone. I've been with others who had problems and it was always their fault. They lie afterwards, but it does not change the truth. Act like an ass, it has consequences.

I'd guess most all people have no issues with law enforcement. Most people just cooperate so they can leave with a warning, no ticket and a smiling officer. Verbally assaulting an officer is not exactly the act of a genius. It's just an exhibition of stupidity.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join