It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC's Ajit Pai dressed up as Santa and wielded a lightsaber to mock net neutrality rules

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
www.chicagotribune.com...

On the eve of a historic vote at the Federal Communications Commission, Chairman Ajit Pai starred in an eccentric video that featured him dressed as Santa, wielding a lightsaber and clutching a fidget spinner to defend his contentious move to repeal net neutrality and mock the criticism against it.

In a so-called public service announcement laced with pop culture references and internet iconography, Pai listed the "7 things you can still do on the internet after net neutrality." He moved through each sarcasm-soaked segment with props and costumes.

Pai's video came just a day before the commission voted in a 3-2 party-line vote to repeal net neutrality rules set in 2015. Under Pai's new plan, internet providers would be allowed to speed up service for some apps and websites and block or slow others.

More classy behaviour from the classiest group of U.S politicians yet. Even without him handing control of the internet over to corporations I've seen this man to nothing but mock and laugh at the people he's supposed to be serving while lying to everyone. Even during the vote yesterday while giving remarks.
edit on 15/12/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Worst part about that video is that he thinks he's soooooo funny.

In reality that came off as extremely arrogant and narcissistic. I'm embarrassed for him.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What kind of name is Ajit Pai, sounds communist to me.

You a commie Ajit? Commie Santa? You like sneaking into kids houses at night?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

Worst part about that video is that he thinks he's soooooo funny.

In reality that came off as extremely arrogant and narcissistic. I'm embarrassed for him.

He always comes off as arrogant and narcissistic, the guy is a creep. And to put it nicely, I hate his guts.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I’m amazed this guy hasn’t been attacked in the street for his antics.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
What an absolute Pig!

Let's get this chump out of office!

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Just as bad as the video he made "joking" that he was/is a Verizon shill.
Leaked Video Shows FCC Chair Ajit Pai Roasting Himself With 'Jokes' About Being a Verizon Shill

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Not sure who is the bigger tool , that guy or the political cheerleaders that don't understand what net neutrality is, but are fully confident that its bad for you.

Ironically those are the same guys who allowed their party to convince them that going full commie was a good thing , when the GOP started the bailouts and used tax payers money to select the winners and bail out private businesses .

They just keep hitting their heads against that wall and unfortunately the non party cheerleaders are the ones that know of the pain that is coming. Ignorance must truly be blissfull.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I was watching the Time youtube channel yesterday broadcasting the net neutrality vote. Ajit Pai could be the most hated man in America, especially with these numbers.

FCC Has Voted To Repeal Net Neutrality | LIVE | TIME

I'm sure Ajit Pai dressed up as Santa and wielded a lightsaber only increase his hate popularity, along with the FCC.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I don't know I kind of liked it. So I haven't really been following this net neutrality thing but communist lockdown when?. What exactly is changing slow Lanes Fast Lanes? My internet slows down to crap as soon as I post anything juicy here anyway.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
What an absolute Pig!

Let's get this chump out of office!

Guess who appointed him. He wasn't elected...appointed by the twitter in chief, donald Trump.

This is going to blow up in the GOPs face biggly. Draining the swamp, winning and MAGA....? You tell me.

edit on 15-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
I don't know I kind of liked it. So I haven't really been following this net neutrality thing but communist lockdown when?. What exactly is changing slow Lanes Fast Lanes? My internet slows down to crap as soon as I post anything juicy here anyway.

High bandwidth priority for pay to play players and social narrators(google, youtube, etc).

Slow bandwidth, low connection priority and just poor service for anyone not towing the narrative or actively involved in molding society in the accepted direction.

Or atleast that's the scary sell on it.
edit on 15-12-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Been watching him and how he handles people that disagreed with his policy, he is one of the most arrogant people I have seen in my life. He even made snarky comments to the FCC board members that dissented to his anti-net neutrality plan

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Slow bandwidth, low connection priority and just poor service for anyone not towing the narrative or actively involved in molding society in the accepted direction.

Like ats.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is nothing compared to the video/audio found of him and Verizon "joking" about putting one of their own as FCC Commissioner, calling himself a "puppet" for the telecom companies.

It's obvious this guy and his handlers (big telecom) are mocking us, knowing there's nothing we can do about it. Makes me sick.

edit on 12/15/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/15/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I see many are Ajitated here.

edit on 15-12-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Cringe worthy,this D Bag is mocking people that are for NN.I hope Karma slaps that goofy looking POS in the future.I await the lawsuits being filed will tie this up until 2020..

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I saw Him wolfing down a hamburger...

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

they use taxes to pay for this crap?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Reminds me of the movie Idiocracy.

And after seeing people defending paedophillia earlier, I have to wonder WTH is happening to your great nation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join