It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Comey? It Was A COORDINATED Effort Among Top FBI Brass To Decriminalize Clinton's Conduct!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The FBI Crime Cabal is being exposed. The entire Trump investigation is nothing more than a partisan political hit job, it's entire basis is to undermine the U.S. President, the American people, and our democratic elections. It's treason, and these people should hang for their crimes.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

There is a definition for treason. Maybe you should look it up.

Never mind your hyperbole.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

There is a definition for treason. Maybe you should look it up.

Never mind your hyperbole.

18 USC §2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; July 24, 1956, ch. 678, § 2, 70 Stat. 623; Pub. L. 87–486, June 19, 1962, 76 Stat. 103; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(N), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

18 USC §2382 - Misprision of treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States and having knowledge of the commission of any treason against them, conceals and does not, as soon as may be, disclose and make known the same to the President or to some judge of the United States, or to the governor or to some judge or justice of a particular State, is guilty of misprision of treason and shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than seven years, or both.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(H), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Trump is the president. He is not the government.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The corruption of the FBI should worry every citizen. Comey, Strzok, McCabe etc. protect criminals like the Clinton Crime Family because they are of the same political persuasion, while persecuting those that they disagree with. And the corrupt Corporate Media aid and abet these criminal cover-ups. If left unchecked, this will lead us down a dark path that has the potential to destroy our Republic. These corrupt intelligence and political figures need to be held accountable.
edit on 16-12-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Trump is the president. He is not the government.

He is the head of the Executive branch and is the leader of the Executive Branch. An attack and attempted destruction / perversion of one branch is in fact an attack of the US Government.

Viewing it, using your logic as I am reading it, your suggesting that it would only apply if someone / group of individuals / foreign government attacked all 3 branches at the same time. The problem with that is an attack on one branch is in fact an attack on the government of the US.

As I understand the statute and case law the 2 statues cited would apply even if the "attack" is on just the President with the intention of removing him from power outside established legal norms.

However you can also use 18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy.

The definition of Federal Government in the US Federal body of law encompass all 3 branches and does not segregate them in the sense of its ok to go after 1 or 2 branches but not all 3. Going after a single branch cripples the government since the branch removed cannot have its constitutional authority exercised by another branch.

Separation of powers makes an attack on one an attack on all.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
An attack on one.
So impeaching Clinton was treasonous.

edit on 12/17/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

An attack on one.
So impeaching Clinton was treasonous.

What part of "intention of removing him from power outside established legal norms" is causing your confusion (as posted here - www.abovetopsecret.com...)

Since Clinton was impeached using established constitutional procedures it was not an attack and was lawful.

Unless your suggesting the group of Democrats who keep filing impeachment articles against Trump are attacking the US government?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Ah. I forgot the people with torches and pitchforks and assault rifles at the Whitehouse gates.

My mistake.

But remind me, what treasonous act has actually been committed and why has no branch of government taken action?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Sessions sounds just as mealy mouthed as Muller I think you need an independent enquiry into both the FBI and Department of Justice whether that is possible under your constitution I dont know in my country there probably would be a Royal Commission set up

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Investigate the investigators who are investigating the investigators.
Until you find the answer you are looking for.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Ah. I forgot the people with torches and pitchforks and assault rifles at the Whitehouse gates.

My mistake.

But remind me, what treasonous act has actually been committed and why has no branch of government taken action?

People within the FBI and DOJ attempting to remove the President from office by using false information, fabricated evidence, lying to the courts to obtain a warrant, violating the 4th amendment with illegally seized documents in addition to violating attorney-client privilege by using illegally seized privileged documents.

Last I checked the Office of Inspector general is investigating the actions of the FBI and DOJ. Last I saw the House and Senate are exercising their oversight authority by investigating the actions as well. The court system is providing standard oversight via established laws / case law / criminal procedures with regards to warrants, subpoenas etc etc etc.

Yes the President is surrounded by the best trained armed guards in the History of the world. That being said President Kennedy was assassinated (with the assistance of people within our own government) and President Reagan was shot during an assassination attempt.

So while they are impressive they are human and as with anything that involves human its not perfect.

ETA -
I never used the word / term treason (although I think it would apply). Misprision of Treason is not the same as Treason.

edit on 17-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

In my state Queensland corruption was swept under the carpet until the national broadcaster broadcast an absolutely devastating programme,we had a Royal Commision and the corruption went to the very top ministers,the police commissioner were all corrupt as hell and went to prison.So yes check the checkers every now and again.How long does this nonsense have to drag on and how much damage does it have to do?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

People within the FBI and DOJ attempting to remove the President from office by using false information, fabricated evidence, lying to the courts to obtain a warrant, violating the 4th amendment with illegally seized documents in addition to violating attorney-client privilege by using illegally seized privileged documents.
If that is a fact it is illegal, but not treasonous.

I never used the word / term treason. Misprison of Treason is not the same as Treason.

My apologies. I must have misunderstood the intent of this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

If that is a fact it is illegal, but not treasonous.

6 of 1 1/2 dozen of the other.

My apologies. I must have misunderstood the intent of this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yup - if you read the statutes neither one is Treason. One is advocating the overthrow of the United States government and the other is Misprision of Treason.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

So we have the head of the agency in charge of prosecuting any criminal wrongdoing insisting that the agency investigating the criminal wrong doing characterize the investigation as something other than investigating criminal wrong doing.

So if it's this simple, this cut-and-dry, explain to me why Donald wouldn't get his pet schnauzer, Sessions to rain hell and fury on Clinton? Would divert attention from the Russia thing. If it's this clear-cut why no special prosecutor, why no charges?

You mean why no leaks about a criminal investigation?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

It may be an attempt to impeach the president through illegal means but impeachment is not treason.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

It may be an attempt to impeach the president through illegal means but impeachment is not treason.

Any attempt to remove the President from office using illegal means cloaked in a legal act is against the law.

Treason, Misprision of Treason, Attempt to overthrow the US government, Sedition... I can add a hell of a lot more statutes but you get the idea so fixating on treason alone probably is not the best argument for your position.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Any attempt to remove the President from office using illegal means cloaked in a legal act is against the law.
Really? Doing something illegal is against the law? I'm gobsmacked.

The president is not the US government. Impeachment is not treason. Attempting to use illegal means to bring about impeachment proceedings is against the law. Yes.

Impeachment, however it is brought about, is not an overthrow of government. At most it is removal of the president, who would then be replaced by the vice president. The US Government would continue (for better or worse), it would not be overthrown.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: introvert

Office of the Secretary: Evaluation of Email Records Management and Cybersecurity Requirements report (direct .pdf link)

Throughout Secretary Clinton’s tenure, the FAM stated that normal day-to-day operations should be conducted on an authorized AIS,147 yet OIG found no evidence that the Secretary requested or obtained guidance or approval to conduct official business via a personal email account on her private server. According to the current CIO and Assistant Secretary for Diplomatic Security, Secretary Clinton had an obligation to discuss using her personal email account to conduct official business with their offices, who in turn would have attempted to provide her with approved and secured means that met her business needs. However, according to these officials, DS and IRM did not—and would not—approve her exclusive reliance on a personal email account to conduct Department business, because of the restrictions in the FAM and the security risks in doing so.

Although this report does not address the safety or security of her system, DS and IRM reported to OIG that Secretary Clinton never demonstrated to them that her private server or mobile device met minimum information security requirements specified by FISMA and the FAM.

These officials all stated that they were not asked to approve or otherwise review the use of Secretary Clinton’s server and that they had no knowledge of approval or review by other Department staff. These officials also stated that they were unaware of the scope or extent of Secretary Clinton’s use of a personal email account, though many of them sent emails to the Secretary on this account.

She was not authorized and would not have received authorization to use a private, unsecured server.

But you know all of this.

Yes, I do know this and this appears to be where many people do not understand what is going on.

Her server was completely legal. Period.

Classified info found it's way on to the server through email and, laughably, even emails that contained public info were classified.

Now did she intend to host that server for the purpose of storing classified info or hiding stuff from FOIA requests? No. Not that the FBI could prove.

So again we go back to what she could be charged with. The current push is to charge her with gross negligence, but we have been down that road and have been shown how it is a non-starter in that particular statute.

You have to have intent to commit these crimes for it to be prosecuted. Otherwise, you are looking at internal consequences that would include reprimand, a slap on the wrist, loss of clearance or loss of employment.

In Clinton's case, none of that can occur since she was no longer SoS.

I wonder how many people intend to be grossly negligent? Or extremely careless.

Doesn't that take "intent" right out of the picture?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join