It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Master Chef MARIO BATALI fired from ABC - The Chew - For Sexual Misconduct.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
After seeing this news, and researching a bit on Mario Francesco Batali, I was surprised to see how intertwined he has been with politicians and Hollywood. He cooked President Obama's last dinner. Was sought by Hillary Clinton for endorsing her Presidential run. Batali also prepared dinner for the Emmy Awards, and other high-profile celebrity events.

Well, somewhere along the line, Mario began racking up sex-related allegations. Even though ABC has known about them for awhile, they chose this month to fire Mario. Apparently, "guilty until proven innocent" is the new default, in regards to sex-abuse allegations here in the U.S..

Upon completing its review into the allegations made against Mario Batali, ABC has terminated its relationship with him and he will no longer appear on “The Chew.”

While we remain unaware of any type of inappropriate behavior involving him and anyone affiliated with our show, ABC takes matters like this very seriously as we are committed to a safe work environment and his past behavior violates our standards of conduct. – ABC Spokesperson
Full Article: www.foxnews.com...

I wonder if this will make Mario Batali lose his popularity in Hollywood? They seem to be pretty tolerant of sexually aggressive people out that way.

-CareWeMust

edit on 12/15/2017 by carewemust because: wording adjustment

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I didn't realize Mario was a dude. I thought he was just a big ball of cheddar with rubber sandals.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Umm... their response makes absolutely no sense:

Upon completing its review

So they looked into it and:

we remain unaware of any type of inappropriate behavior involving him and anyone affiliated with our show

But, despite them having looked into it and, despite them having discovered no inappropriate behaviour, they sacked him anyway?

Am I reading that right? If not then can someone explain that to me? And if I am reading it right then that's absolutely appalling and people should be super pissed about this..

ETA: The headline here is incredibly misleading if the above is accurate. He was NOT fired for sexual misconduct at all, he was fired to appease the rabid hordes of witch hunters that seem to have suddenly appeared everywhere one cares to look...
edit on 15-12-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I used to like that guy. Had no clue he was a predator and cooked dinner for Obama.

Is there some prerequisite that you have to be a perv to be rich and famous?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Did you read the OP, they looked into it and found nothing wrong..canned him anyway. WTF is going on?
This sh#t is getting out of hand.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
He confessed himself. Much like Louis Ck. At least he owned up, but it was still very me me..
edit on 15-12-2017 by danielpoison because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: danielpoison

I will dig into it.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
After seeing this news, and researching a bit on Mario Francesco Batali, I was surprised to see how intertwined he has been with politicians and Hollywood. He cooked President Obama's last dinner. Was sought by Hillary Clinton for endorsing her Presidential run. Batali also prepared dinner for the Emmy Awards, and other high-profile celebrity events.

Well, somewhere along the line, Mario began racking up sex-related allegations. Even though ABC has known about them for awhile, they chose this month to fire Mario. Apparently, "guilty until proven innocent" is the new default, in regards to sex-abuse allegations here in the U.S..

Upon completing its review into the allegations made against Mario Batali, ABC has terminated its relationship with him and he will no longer appear on “The Chew.”

While we remain unaware of any type of inappropriate behavior involving him and anyone affiliated with our show, ABC takes matters like this very seriously as we are committed to a safe work environment and his past behavior violates our standards of conduct. – ABC Spokesperson

I wonder if this will make Mario Batali lose his popularity in Hollywood? They seem to be pretty tolerant of sexually aggressive people out that way.

-CareWeMust

What took so long to hit the chefs?

We are all dirtbags. lol.

Seriously tho, old school kitchens were pretty tough.

Not many out there now. Thank God.

But Mario should know better.

Won't be surprised if Puck or Bourdain is next.

They came up old school, like me.

Hey, it was consensual!!

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: danielpoison
He confessed himself. Much like Louis Ck. At least he owned up, but it was still very me me..

Yeah, I'm seeing other articles saying he admitted to it. Like this one:

Haute cuisine impresario Mario Batali says he’s stepping aside from the day-to-day operations of his more than two dozen restaurants, which include three on the Las Vegas Strip, after admitting that sexual misconduct allegations made against the celebrity chef are true.

The bombshell report shared the accounts by four women that spanned 20 years. Three of the women said the chef had groped them on at least one occasion, and another said Batali ordered her to straddle him.

In response, Batali told Eater in a statement, “Although the identities of most of the individuals mentioned in these stories have not been revealed to me, much of the behavior described does, in fact, match up with ways I have acted.”

Las Vegas Strip Restaurateur Mario Batali Admits to Groping Female Employees

ETA: And here's a more in depth article, which even claims that he was reprimanded and had to attend training for another sexual misconduct incident just 2 months ago. This article includes his full apology/confession.

Mario Batali's apology equates sexual harassment with "fun"
edit on 15-12-2017 by enlightenedservant because: added another link

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

ABC says that his "past behavior" is why Mario was canned. Not anything that he did on "The Chew".

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I had never hear of him, or "The Chew" before coming across the article tonight. That's why I Googled the guy, and found that Mario Batali is an icon in the world of cooking and chefs.

It's amazing how little we working-people know about the social networks of high society.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Thank-you for that additional background info. It seems to be easier for celebrities to admit their short-comings, than it is for politicians to admit theirs.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Good, I'm glad he's fired.... I couldn't stand him on The Chew. He also got caught not that long ago stealing tips from his wait staff, and had to repay it all back. He's a disgrace to the profession, and does not deserve to be in a kitchen ever again. Besides, his dishes were mostly crap, and rip offs anyways....

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: carewemust

-CareWeMust

What took so long to hit the chefs?

Won't be surprised if Puck or Bourdain is next.

They came up old school, like me.

Hey, it was consensual!!

Bourdain said tonight that he's feeling "real remorse" over Mario's troubles.
Link: www.huffingtonpost.com...
Remorse???

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Nah kitchens are still totally inappropriate.

I'm in my mid twenties and when I was working in restaurant jobs a few years back, kitchens were rife with ass-grabbing/slapping, catcalls, "girl show me those fun bags if you want me to remake your tables food" and on and in etc etc etc....

It wasn't just the guys being perpetrators mind you.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

Geeesh... it seems like a dam has breeched. Now, TAVIS SMILEY is being accused of sex-related wrong-doings.

Variety first reported the news that an investigation “found credible allegations that Smiley had engaged in sexual relationships with multiple subordinates” and that some feared “their employment status was linked to the status of a sexual relationship with Smiley.”
Source: www.pbs.org...

Tavis Smiley is/was revered in the African American community. He got his start on the Black Entertainment Television network before moving up to the Public Broadcasting Service network.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Nah kitchens are still totally inappropriate.

I'm in my mid twenties and when I was working in restaurant jobs a few years back, kitchens were rife with ass-grabbing/slapping, catcalls, "girl show me those fun bags if you want me to remake your tables food" and on and in etc etc etc....

It wasn't just the guys being perpetrators mind you.

Yep, that's the way it was. Both ways.

Did you have older chefs? Like over 50?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Did you read the OP, they looked into it and found nothing wrong..canned him anyway. WTF is going on?
This sh#t is getting out of hand.

Trump seemingly was elected to sink the ship, drain the swamp whatever you want to call it.

I think most people thought the swamp was the elites and company, little did they realize the swamp was a reference to the people, the useless eaters, the expendables.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
LMAO,I remember when our director for Croc's brought in a pair of signed orange Croc's,and a book by him,to display ,I used to keep them looking new,more out of boredom lol

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

NBC thought they would save $30 million by getting rid of expendable Matt Lauer. That certainly backfired. Lauer's attorneys say that the network has to fulfill the financial component of his contract.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join