It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions Accidentally Narced on his Secret Anti-Weed Meeting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is currently overseeing a sweeping Justice Department crackdown on leaks, but it appears he’s been busted making his own unauthorized disclosure.

Sessions held a closed-door meeting last week about drug policy with several longtime opponents of marijuana legalization. The agenda was supposed to be kept confidential, but internet sleuths noticed a photo from the gathering that showed Sessions holding a stack of papers with a partially visible document on top that listed all of the attendees and what they planned to discuss.

Link

Reporters were kicked out of the room before last Friday’s meeting of the anti-pot minds, but Sessions spoke to them briefly beforehand, calling marijuana legalization “a big issue for America” and reiterating his view that weed “is not a healthy substance.”

“I do believe, and I’m afraid, that the public is not properly educated on some of the issues related to marijuana,” Sessions said.

Sorry, Jeff. It isn't the American public who needs to be properly educated on issues surrounding cannabis. As much as I want to believe that the Trump admin would never go after cannabis because of the public outcry, it seems Jeff Sessions is still dead set on it. At this point, I don't think public outcry means much to this administration.

I hope I'm wrong. But it isn't looking like it.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Sessions is thoroughly corrupt. Its all about padding his pocketbook through the prison industrial complex. Hed hang his mother for a dollar. Nasty piece of work, that one, hiding behind the veil of religious piety.

Edit to add: At least thats my opinion of him. Maybe he has convinced himself hes doing good for everyone, but if so hes deceiving himself.
edit on 14-12-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

Sessions is thoroughly corrupt. Its all about padding his pocketbook through the prison industrial complex. Hed hang his mother for a dollar. Nasty piece of work, that one, hiding behind the veil of religious piety.

I just don't understand it. Every shred of evidence goes against what he believes. How can someone be so obtuse?

The part that gets me is the 4th item on the list, involving the FDA, which will probably lead to complete government control, even if cannabis is allowed to stay legal.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
My other thought is that there is no surer way for republicans and Trump to get voted out than to go after marijuana. It is the only non-partisan issue in America, and has about 80 percent approval (for at least some legalization). Its also an important issue to many swing voters,

Its political suicide to crack down on it.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Thank god Trump is draining the swamp with good men like Sucksions

Sarc off.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I just want to add, it makes me incredibly angry that the chief law enforcement officer of America is discussing ways to argue how cannabis shouldn't be used as a substitute for opiates.

With the opiate epidemic currently tearing through our country that is a ridiculously stupid position to take.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

These cockroaches are all in someones pocket..no doubt about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

These cockroaches are all in someones pocket..no doubt about it.

I'd be really interested in seeing who the doctors on that list work for and who they have worked for. This has big pharma written all over it.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Bigly pharma, and bigly prison complex system.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

... and possibly heroine drug lord connections.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
As a side note, how dumb do you have to be to walk around with your secret agenda under your arm for the whole world to see? With the word "agenda" written at the top? Did Russia interrupt all imports of manila envelopes?

I've never worked for the government or been in any situations with any sensitive material, but even I would think to put it in a folder. Is this whole administration senile?

Sorry for the rant. I just really, really don't like Jeff Sessions.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere

The biggest drug lords on earth. The legal ones.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Thank god Trump is draining the swamp with good men like Sucksions

Sarc off.

Sessions is applying his waning energy to the wrong issues. grrr.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere

I think that mostly China now days, fentanyl anyway. There is not much real heroin.
I'm not even sure if big pharma is using opiates anymore, or synthesizing it?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Indeed, you have to wonder why? could it just be pure ignorance?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I could only find reliable info on 3 of the 4 listed, and image searches show only one of them is present in the photo from twitter. I also can't find any information on this meeting other than vice, no one else is running it. I'm thinking this might be fake.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I could only find reliable info on 3 of the 4 listed, and image searches show only one of them is present in the photo from twitter. I also can't find any information on this meeting other than vice, no one else is running it. I'm thinking this might be fake.

In attendance, according to video of the opening introductions captured by a pool photographer and posted by C-SPAN, were:

Edwin Meese III, U.S. attorney general under the Reagan administration

Kevin Sabet, president and CEO of Smart Approaches to Marijuana

Bertha Madras, a former Office of National Drug Control Policy staffer and a member of President Trump’s Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis

Robert DuPont, former director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse

David Evans, executive director of the Drug Free Schools Coalition

Dr. Hoover Adger, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Link
There's a link to a video of it from C-Span on that link.

ETA: Link to video www.c-span.org.../attorney-general-sessions-makes-remarks-drug-policy
edit on 15-12-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Missed the video the first time, thanks!

Who knows what went on behind closed doors there, we can be sure it was nothing pro-legalization, that's for sure, but congress is keeping Sessions from dealing with the renewed reefer madness by denying him a budget to do it. So at least we have that going for now, and honestly I think the backlash that would be caused by federal enforcement would lead to Trump replacing him.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Three minutes and 33 seconds are shared on the following video. Yes, it's about marijuana as Sessions clearly states :“I do believe, and I’m afraid, that the public is not properly educated on some of the issues related to marijuana,”

Sessions hosts a round table discussion on drug policy

Shared on this souce.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Where does it say "secret agenda"?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join