It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marc Rich...Clinton...FBI Vault....what gives?

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So here's an odd thing I have never seen happen with FBI Vault and even curiouser is it is happening with a Marc Rich file.

Now for those unfamiliar, Rich was pardoned by Bill Clinton after he fled the US for Switzerland to avoid a huge indictment with 65 criminal charges amounting to a possible 300 year sentence.

On January 20, 2001, hours before leaving office, U.S. President Bill Clinton granted Rich a highly controversial presidential pardon. Several of Clinton's strongest supporters distanced themselves from the decision.[24] Former President Jimmy Carter, a fellow Democrat, said, "I don't think there is any doubt that some of the factors in his pardon were attributable to his large gifts. In my opinion, that was disgraceful."[25]Clinton himself later expressed regret for issuing the pardon, saying that "it wasn't worth the damage to my reputation."[8]

Clinton's critics alleged that Rich's pardon had been bought, as Denise Rich had given more than $1 million[26] to Clinton's political party (the Democratic Party), including more than $100,000 to the Senate campaign of the president's wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton, and $450,000 to the Clinton Libraryfoundation during Clinton's time in office.[22]

Source

So FBI Vault just released this file and has it listed on their site, but oddly when you click the link it gives you a "sorry this page does not exist" message....

Source

That's the link...click on the file and you'll see what I mean...

So....makes me wonder if this was somehow intentional.....

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Strange, there are 2 parts and both of them show the same thing.

Lemme see what I can find.

They're downloadable now.
edit on 14-12-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: got em

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I got the same thing as Vasa, initially.

After a moment, they were both there.

Ah, the "Part 1 of 1" is an error; odd though.

There are 2 parts.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I did a search and both part 1 and part 2 gives me a link to a PDF to download or open. Must have been a glitch.

Strange...now it is working...hasn't been literally until I posted this.
edit on 12/14/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I got the same thing you did earlier today. Went through first pdf and found this near the end

WMFO is requested to recontact….and determine if source has developed an additional information….windowsmetafileO should be alert to the fact the individuals referenced in the teletypes namely….prosecuted in the “pizza connection” case.

Trying not to read into it but??? it's really hard.

Otherwise lot of blacked out photos and white out pages.

On further thought, wonder if the above is what the FBI wanted us to find.
edit on 14-12-2017 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

I got the same thing you did earlier today. Went through first pdf and found this near the end

WMFO is requested to recontact….and determine if source has developed an additional information….windowsmetafileO should be alert to the fact the individuals referenced in the teletypes namely….prosecuted in the “pizza connection” case.

Trying not to read into it but??? it's really hard.

Otherwise lot of blacked out photos and white out pages.

On further thought, wonder if the above is what the FBI wanted us to find.

Well that is certain to raise some eyebrows with the pizzagate folks....

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Yep, I thought maybe so.

Some things that stick out to me. FBI was has long been aware of the terminology. These doc's date from 88-91 or so. This could be referring to the Franklin Savings and Loan scandal that eventually revealed the boys at the white house and trafficking at boys town.

Now wondering if some of this trafficking will slowly leak. One can only hope

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Good work Vasa.

Keep it up!
Star and Flag

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Marc Rich goes a lot further than just connections to the Clintons. He and his firm virtually created the spot market for oil, they gleefully traded with Iran during the US Embassy hostage crisis, they traded with Apartheid South Africa while it was under UN sanctions, & he was a major donor to Israel. He & his right hand man Pinky Green both fled the US to escape the massive number of charges eventually filed against them, and paid something like $50,000 a day for more than half a year in contempt of court costs.

There's an amazing book about him called "Metal Men" which details his eye opening exploits. ETA: A quick search says he also worked with North Korea, Milosevic, Qaddafi, and a lot of other famous/infamous world leaders at the time. I'm tempted to reread the book now.
edit on 14-12-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join