It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROXY VOTING for an absent U.S. Senator seems to be Available.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

McCain will do his best to make it to this vote he has said. If he is too ill that could be up in the air.

To be fair though I don't think either CNN or any liberals are delighted that this brave hero is ill. I know I do not take any delight in it. He is the epitome of "civil servant" even if we don't agree on political issues. I would never feel good that someone with such a generous spirit is ill.
edit on 12152017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The real issue is that with Jeff Sessions seat empty until January they are down one already though Pences tie breaking vote is actually a proxy vote for the GOP anyway.
Rubio has stated he will reject this bill but I think that's just him waving flags. He has a lot of wealthy Floridians who would benefit from it but is squeaking about CHIPS because it wouldn't add much to the bill, and sounds like he's for making this better for the poor and is likely to be added and kind of separates him from trump by a degree which it seems is the self preservation move of GOP members as of late.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

I think he is in hiding.. because of his medical boot that changes foot every so often.. I wonder why.

Is it the same "House Arrest Boot" that HRC™ is wearing? I just saw a thread where She made a deal on information released...

Could both McCain/Clinton have copped to some "Double Secret Probation" There would be no reason to let 'We, TheSheeple' know.

I guess I'll have to wait and read about Trumps tweet...

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

McCain will be there to vote. The real question remains which way the SOB will vote, but he won't chickensnip his way out of the actual vote.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

He IS Able to get to the Senate Floor for that Vote Regardless of his Alleged Medical Condition at this Moment.

I hope McCain's health improves and stabilizes. The doctor advised against flying after one previous Chemo treatment.

He doesn't have to fly. He is hospitalized at Walter Reed Hospital, 10 miles from capitol hill.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

If I am reading it correctly / understanding it proxy voting in the senate only applies to committee votes and not on final bill votes.

IE McCain could have his proxy vote in a committee dealing with the tax bill but could not use a proxy vote on the final full Senate vote.

Final bill voting in the Senate is either by voice vote or by roll call vote.
Voice vote = all in favor say yes all opposed say no.
Roll Call vote is where each members name is called and they provide a yes or no to the bill in question.

It requires a Senators physical presence.

Proxy voting on final bills is not allowed.

That's the way that I interpreted it as well. I agree that he'll probably be there for the vote.
edit on 15-12-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

When is Franken done?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: trustmeimdoctor

Hmm... I Hear an Honest Senseable Anger Here . I just Hope the " Mountain " is Listening ..........)

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Due to gerrymandering these guys have more representation.

The Senate is gerrymandered? Learned something new today.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Weren't Robert Bryd and Strom Thurmond at the end of their careers basically wheeled into the Senate and drooled as an "Aye " vote? It's like Weekend at Bernies....he'll be there.

Soon though, he will have to step down if his brain cancer goes like most brain cancers do.
edit on 17-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Could both McCain/Clinton have copped to some "Double Secret Probation" There would be no reason to let 'We, TheSheeple' know.

QAnon...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join