It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROXY VOTING for an absent U.S. Senator seems to be Available.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
December 14, 2017

Much to CNN and liberal's delight, Senator John McCain is appearing increasingly frail. As of today, he's still in the hospital, recovering from side-effects of chemotherapy treatment for his brain cancer.

McCain has missed all votes in the Senate this week and his health is increasingly a concern as Republicans in the House and Senate close in on a final deal for $1.5 trillion in tax cuts.
Secondary Source: www.azcentral.com... (I avoid giving anti-American CNN "clicks" whenever possible.)

I see this wording at the Senate website: www.senate.gov...

proxy voting - The practice of allowing a senator to cast a vote in committee for an absent senator. Senate Rule XXVI provides that proxies may not be voted when the absent senator has not been informed of the matter on which he is being recorded and has not requested that he be so recorded.

If Senator John McCain is not physically able to make it to the Senate Floor next week to vote on the big Tax-Cut/Tax-Reform package, can another Senator vote FOR John McCain?

The mainstream media is (mostly) too dumb to research and report on this alternative, but I'm hoping that there are ATS members who are familiar with "proxy" voting in the U.S. Senate.

-CareWeMust

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think he is in hiding.. because of his medical boot that changes foot every so often.. I wonder why.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I think things might be getting a little hot under the collar for McCain.

Maybe he's caught a fever..

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

If I am reading it correctly / understanding it proxy voting in the senate only applies to committee votes and not on final bill votes.

IE McCain could have his proxy vote in a committee dealing with the tax bill but could not use a proxy vote on the final full Senate vote.

Final bill voting in the Senate is either by voice vote or by roll call vote.
Voice vote = all in favor say yes all opposed say no.
Roll Call vote is where each members name is called and they provide a yes or no to the bill in question.

It requires a Senators physical presence.

Proxy voting on final bills is not allowed.

edit on 14-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Much to CNN and liberal's delight, Senator John McCain is appearing increasingly frail.

Let's not pretend many on the hard-right haven't been pining for him to leave office, eh?
edit on 14-12-2017 by Shamrock6 because: fixed my quote. dammit

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I take no delight in Senator McCain's illness nor his current hospitalization.

Decent people do not wish him ill. Liberals just happen to see the Tax bill as sucking money up to the wealthy while the middle class and lower classes suffer. It's been done dickishly too, if you will pardon my language, without input or proper process, replete with political gamesmanship and duplicity on the part of McConnel and the Reps, generally speaking.

Due to gerrymandering these guys have more representation. Their hubris will be their downfall. A Blue tsunami is coming.

But please, back off the insult with John McCain. There may be some low life liberals who are happy there is a chance to escape the madness of this poorly crafted and potentially devastating bill by celebrating his illness, but not me.

edit on 14-12-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

I think he is in hiding.. because of his medical boot that changes foot every so often.. I wonder why.

You're inferring that John McCain is as Anti-Trump as Sen Elizabeth Warren. Right?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: fluff007

Despite John McCain's fighting and positive attitude, he's dying right on schedule. His doctor gave him 11 months, on the optimistic side, when the brain cancer was diagnosed. I don't recall what month that was, however.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

THANK-YOU for that excellent and informed reply, XCathdra. That's too bad. What's even worse is that things have to come to this level desperation for votes, for getting Tax-Reform/Tax-Cuts passed.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

He IS Able to get to the Senate Floor for that Vote Regardless of his Alleged Medical Condition at this Moment , but that Deep State NWO Bastard Will Never Give the President , The Commander In Chief , his DUE ..... Et tu, Brute >?
edit on 14-12-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Much to CNN and liberal's delight, Senator John McCain is appearing increasingly frail.

Let's not pretend many on the hard-right haven't been pining for him to leave office, eh?

There are smart people who believe the world is flat. There are Republicans who want McCain to succumb ASAP. The world is like that. But when CNN talks about it on T.V., you see hope in their eyes.

CNN is also reporting every and any potential way the Tax-Cut/Tax-Reform vote could possibly be delayed until newly minted Alabama Senator (Democrat) DOUG JONES can be sworn in. Of course, he, like other Anti-America Democrats, are against Tax Cuts for workers and job creators in this country.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

It's a means to an end for them. If John McCain has to die, in order to derail Republican Tax-Cuts/Tax-Reform, then he's dying for a good cause. If the bill is defeated because John McCain could not vote, Democrats will likely say really nice things about him at his funeral.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

70 year-old alcoholics heal slower. May be some gout/arthritis in the mix too.
edit on Thu Dec 14 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

He IS Able to get to the Senate Floor for that Vote Regardless of his Alleged Medical Condition at this Moment.

I hope McCain's health improves and stabilizes. The doctor advised against flying after one previous Chemo treatment.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I Cannot Lie here Man , I Hope that Bought And Paid For Un-American Piece Of..........Is Ready to Meet his Maker , then Give the Devil His Due........
edit on 14-12-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
i want to know why the hell these people even get to stay in office when they have such serious health issues. anyone going through chemo treatment should instantly be on leave. your brain is not right and quite frankly mccain hasent seemed himself for a good few years now. i mean the dude has a lump the size of a golf ball on the side of his face which they always try to cover up in photos. its like when kennedy was still a senator who had a brain tumor and hadent worked in ages yet he was still a fricken senator. wth
edit on 14-12-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
As a sort of conservative, I hope that wicked bastard dies the worst kind of death. What a piece of sh*t. I also hope that tax bill dies just as bad of a death. F**k all of you idiot sheep. F**k the left too. Grow up and learn that things are more important than the evil left right politics. Don't be a sheep.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: trustmeimdoctor
As a sort of conservative, I hope that wicked bastard dies the worst kind of death. What a piece of sh*t. I also hope that tax bill dies just as bad of a death. F**k all of you idiot sheep. F**k the left too. Grow up and learn that things are more important than the evil left right politics. Don't be a sheep.

Don't hold back.....I take it that you don't like the guy?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Truepundit - McCain Eyes Exit from Senate Amid ‘Stress’ from Growing Trump Dossier Scandal

John McCain is reportedly preparing to pull back from the U.S. Senate, according to Beltway insiders who say new demands to answer for his role in either underwriting or promoting the Trump phony dossier are stressing the Arizona senator’s fragile health.

It is not clear whether McCain plans to outright retire from the Senate or simply focus on his Stage IV cancer treatments away from Washington, D.C. but many GOP insiders believe McCain’s last days in the Senate are close.

Likely, McCain will not return after the Christmas break, many folks have privately confided.

McCain has been away for the Senate all week, missing votes and debate about a number of topics including tax cuts.

This is not the fist time McCain has sought medical treatment after his role in recent anti-Trump scandals have heated up.

It is hard to tell if McCain’s health is genuinely declining or not because he has played that card often to slip and slide out of answering questions for his role in Fusion GPS’ bogus Trump dossier.

Emergency surgery.

Late stage cancer diagnosis.

Bad Achilles.

Boot on the wrong foot.

The wheelchair.

Now the hospital.

click link for article...

Me thinks McCain is done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join