It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tweet From Boeing Defense

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
WEll, I like it. Anything that gets us closer to disclosure of our power force is alright with me. I feel so much more secure already!

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Great a new
so now , we can start to speculate about it. What we see in the picture : large rectangular exhaust , high positive dihedral wings, and it seem short lenght what it could be ? The question is , what is the advantage of diehdral wings ? and the general shape don't look realy stealth. For what we see on the picture there is no horizontal wings just the diehdral. in the middle of the bottom it look like a micro tail. It look a lot like a Dream chaser. I don't think of a UAV tanker the diehdral wings don't be very efficient for a carrier launch.
edit on 15-12-2017 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
At first I thought VTOL due to wing shape? (engine pods at the ends? ) But then I noticed the wheels are fairly beefy and the remove before flight tag looks further back so perhaps a tailhook? Which I guess rules out VTOL..,

These next few days will be slow...

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
" Changing futur airpower" it's interesting, surely something very capable to say that .

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
New theory, what we see is the tail planes from the rear which are obstructing the wings due to telephoto compression combined with the cloth.

Engine on top of the fuse blended in.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The web media of Aerospace are quiet a lot about this tweet why ??

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Because there's not a lot to say right now beyond "Boeing is revealing something December 19th", and rampant speculation, like we've been doing.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: E92M3

F-23 ish !!

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What if the wings come back down out of shot? Like that Iranian mock up? Kind of inverted ^*^ like a bat?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Waverider....Cool name..

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

We may be looking at canted tails, not wings at all. The wings might be perfectly level, and these are just the vertical fins. In which case, we're probably looking at the MQ-25 entry.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

A reasonable conjecture, but it looks to me that any wings large enough to be effective would stick out horizontally far enough to be visible and that the canted surfaces underneath the shroud are way too big to be tail surfaces, IMHO.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I mostly agree, but was just pointing out that it's a possibility. Those are awfully large for a UAV vertical fin, so if they were, I would think that it was something manned. There isn't any manned program in the near future that would be seeing a reveal around now. The only two that make sense are XS-1, and MQ-25. That still looks like XS-1 to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hmmm. Phantom Swift X Plane?

www.thedrive.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

It could be. They were supposed to be flying the designs this year or next.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It could be. They were supposed to be flying the designs this year or next.

Remember when we would speculate on usenet groups and now we await prime tweets LOL

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

We've come so far, and haven't changed a bit.

I don't think it's related to the VTOL program. There are no signs of wings. So either they altered the photo to hide them, or it's something else.
edit on 12/15/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

So we have to catch our own UFOs now? isnt that redundant? I approve of the new X com interceptor. Although is it good to have variable geometry wings that move up and down?

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I don't see the VTOL abble to change te air power too, The rear picture of the Boeing mystery look a lot like the back of the Dream Chaser , and for me there is no horizontal wing on it wee see nothing about the wings on the picture. For the lift off on a carrier there is a need of a large wingspan so the MQ-25 possibility is realy short. I m a little like ZAPHOD may be XS-1 related , look the shadow it seem that it have a oval shape like the Dream Chaser.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
"Future airpower" taken as power unit that makes this sheet fly, could indicate Phantom Swift. It's supposed to be a hybrid, similar to General Motors voltec system.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join