It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tweet From Boeing Defense

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Boeing Defense (@BoeingDefense) tweeted at 10:00 AM on Thu, Dec 14, 2017:
Robust? Check
Ready? Check
Changing future air power? Check it out!

See the reveal 12/19! #PhantomWorks t.co...
(twitter.com...)

Sorry if this has been posted already but I was surprised I didn't see it in the aviation forum.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGoondockSaint

Either MQ-25 or XS-1 related. Could be their Stingray entry with that heavy landing gear.
edit on 12/14/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

TheDrive.com - Boeing Defense Teases Mystery Aircraft Unveiling By Hiding It Under A Black Sheet (w/pic!)

A few days, I think I can wait!

Are we looking at the back of vehicle or is it swept wing? I'm guessing the rear.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

"Future air power" - sounds like something that can finally take on the UFO's that keep entering our airspace and evading capture.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'm guessing the rear.

Unless it has a very unconventional landing gear configuration, I think you're right.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yep, we're looking at the back.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

A ton of dihedral, or is it folded up?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

With all the auto flying of the X-37B, and the pic very similar shaped. Some kind of drone.

Poor Iceman will have to go find a real job!!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's one of the reasons that the XS-1 has been speculated.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

It's almost certainly a UAV. Any big name program that is out there that we haven't seen is a UAV program. It's way too early for an F-XX or F/A-XX reveal.
edit on 12/14/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well, since we're all making Onager Estimates that will probably come back to embarrass us in a few days, I'm going to guess it's a trans-atmospheric vehicle of some sort. Maybe boost-glide. The large dihedral wing angle is hard to explain on the basis of sustained and/or maneuvering flight. Likewise for the body, which seems too short and fat; it would have a huge amount of base drag.

How would such a TAV "change future air power"? Beats me, unless they can make a bunch of them cheaply.

After I have time to sober up and think about this some more, I may deny that I ever wrote this..........

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's almost certainly a UAV. Any big name program that is out there that we haven't seen is a UAV program. It's way too early for an F-XX or F/A-XX reveal.

Looks like a bird of prey

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

A ton of dihedral, or is it folded up?

In the act of folding, if I had to guess. Unless those are simply large tail planes and they've masked the shadow and wing in the photo. They love to play games with these little stunts for free PR.

ETA, assuming tail, we might see some familial resemblance to the McDonnell JSF tail, which may be expected if it's a Phantom Works project out of St.Louis. New requirements for CBARS probably demand a tail.
edit on 14-12-2017 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

TheDrive.com - Boeing Defense Teases Mystery Aircraft Unveiling By Hiding It Under A Black Sheet (w/pic!)

A few days, I think I can wait!

Are we looking at the back of vehicle or is it swept wing? I'm guessing the rear.

Could be in reentry configuration, wings "feathered" like Space Ship One, designed by Burt Rutan.

images

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

it does look rather tilted, it could be a optical illusion but i don't think so. its funny they try to be sneaky by taking a picture of it from behind, why even bother like it was pointed out the wheels give it away.

always fun to see new stuff drone or other wise

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Because from the back they can hide more detail.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

ill admit it is a dramatic picture.

i hate a tease... just show me your ti...i mean wings.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Or foldable like the pics of that drone on the ship.

Does kind of look like center mounted engines like a jet fighter.

I am certain there will be two or three threads if this is a really super awesome vehicle! Atmospheric skipper would be cool! I guess we have a few days... where did I leave my Jiffy Pop...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You're not related to an old and missed "Saint" that use to hang around these parts are you? Nice catch on the tweet.

Now a question for those that might have a guess: What exciting research is going on in Alabama?

I will take a wild guess and say some pretty amazing stuff and some very curious stuff too. Not necessarily related. Underrated subject--Huntsville-- in these forums unless someone could point me in the right directions. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

"Future air power" - sounds like something that can finally take on the UFO's that keep entering our airspace and evading capture.

The one thing I noticed is that even they put a '?' after that question. I am guessing this is the normal promotional brouhaha needed to keep the public happy while better projects go mostly unnoticed for 30 years by the mainstream.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join