It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice News FCC Net Neutrality Vote Live Stream

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Throes

I'll be curious to see how far everyones tax savings go when they factor in their new $500 internet bill.

Out of all the things Trump has supported, this is one of the dumbest. And that's saying something. An open internet where the little guy had as much pull as the big guy is what made the internet the internet.

I don't want the internet to turn into cable TV.

That'd still leave me with $3,000.

$500? Yeah, ok. Over-react much? I'm not for this but I'm not quivering at the thought of paying much more than I pay now.

Doubt corporate greed much?

Corporations still have to abide by supply and demand rules...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

This is probably what it would have felt like if Hillary would have won.

How in the F! Do we not have a say in this matter? this asshat absolutely knew how the people felt about this and yet he had the guts to vote like this? Just watching that arrogant assH@13 and that crappy look on his face was enough to make me want to slap the stupid out of him.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I'll be curious to see how far everyones tax savings go when they factor in their new $500 internet bill.

Out of all the things Trump has supported, this is one of the dumbest. And that's saying something. An open internet where the little guy had as much pull as the big guy is what made the internet the internet.

I really don't even think this whole thing is about money. It's that last part of your post:

"An open internet where the little guy had as much pull as the big guy is what made the internet the internet."

This is the goal of this. The internet gives too much power to everyday people and once we lose it it will be much harder to get it back.

I believe it's a combination of both. The lovers of power and money are rarely different people.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

That'd still leave me with $3,000.

$500? Yeah, ok. Over-react much? I'm not for this but I'm not quivering at the thought of paying much more than I pay now.

Doubt corporate greed much?

Corporations still have to abide by supply and demand rules...

Not when they control the supply and people have no right to demand anything. The internet is such an integral part of life these days to not only people, but businesses as well.

What about them? The businesses who were built on open internet access? Who maybe now can't afford to continue doing business once the greed heads decide to tax them out of existence? I don't doubt this might be used to get rid of competition that way either.

I just don't see the heads of big business being altruistic when large amounts of money and power are involved. That's not a partisan thing, it's a human thing.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Can you unsubscribe to me while you are at it ?

because I happen to agree with him

Ben Shapiro has it all wrong. The (server) websites/web companies already has to pay for bandwidth through their upload providers. They currently have no responsibility for the (client) who downloads and pays for download bandwidth.

The server is responsible for their upload limits and the client is responsible for their download limits.

What this bill does is make where both the client and the server pay for downloading

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Can you unsubscribe to me while you are at it ?

because I happen to agree with him

So I guess you have no argument on your own? You just another ‘regurgitater’? I figured as much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join