It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Sharon Orders Jewish Extremist Crackdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Israeli Pime Minister Ariel Sharon has orderd law enforcment to crack down on Jewish extremeist who oppsed on the planned withdraw from the Gaza strip. Israeli officials are conserned about extremeist oppotion to the withdraw and some ministers has been threatend and had their car tires slashed. Extremeist has also put up poster that says that Sharons deceased wife if "waiting for Sharon"

abcnews.go.com
Cabinet ministers said the charged climate is reminiscent of the period before the 1995 assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, and one minister warned that Sharon himself could become a target.

Despite those concerns, Sharon's Cabinet approved a list of 500 Palestinian prisoners to be released in coming days, and several hundred Palestinian workers were permitted to return to jobs in Israel in line with agreements reached at a Mideast summit last week.

Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas, meanwhile, was to present a new Cabinet to his Fatah movement for approval Tuesday. Abbas was expected to appoint new interior, foreign and information ministers but keep on many current government members, officials said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It looks like both sides are really commited to finaly get peace, and it is very good that both sides are working hard to get extremeist, both Israeli and Palestinian, to not disrupt the truce. The question is how fragile is this truce, is it enough with one attack to break down the whole process and we're back from were we started. I really hope that this time we will have peace between Israel and Palestina.

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Both governments have really surprised me - I hope this is really a new beginning for them. Not that there won't be bloodshed, I can't imagine the Gaza settlers giving up without a fight or Hamas/Al Aqsa completely letting the Palestian Authority call the shots. But it's definitely looking like there is a chance at a real peace.

B.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The title is amusing to read. Sharon or any jews who believe in Zionism should be considered extreme, especially Sharon, who authorized the construction of most these settlements to begin with.

The Zionist must know that they have reach a point where they are not credible anymore.

new topics

join