It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University forced to apologize after calling snow white

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Am I the only one who read the title and thought "I didn't even know she had a phone"?
edit on 16-12-2017 by Abysha because: spellinz

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Am I the only one who read the title and thought "I didn't even know she had a phone"?

All kidding aside I think it's possible that one day the words "white" and "Christmas" in any context will be considered extreme hate speech.

So I wish you all a very merry Christmas... While I still can.

posted on Dec, 16 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Anyone complaining of "snow-cial justice" or "snow-white privilege" can help themselves to all the yellow snow they can eat!

That's offensive to Asians.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

It's unfortunate that the tiny percentage of people who would be offended by this aren't just ignored for the extreme cases they are.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
During a WWII people too had to apologize for things they didn't commit and millions were killed. Only those complaining about this tweet can be compared to Hitler, not the ones who wrote it.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: Sapphire
a reply to: fiverx313

fiver you're totally abliged to answer you know this right?

Are you or are you not an alien?

could you be more specific

lol.. chickie!

Ok hmm Green, blue hair sword weilding Anunnaki hybrid?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire
lol.. chickie!

Ok hmm Green, blue hair sword weilding Anunnaki hybrid?

ooh. well, i did have blue hair last year but that was a dye job. i'd probably accidentally cut myself with a sword. and i look a lot like both my parents, who are both pretty definitely human. so probably not?

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Occam's razor should apply here. The University made a statement about snow. Anyone who reads too much into the statement may see something socially awkward. Yet, this should be irrelevant. Otherwise, too much unnecessary work.

If the students believe the statement means something else, they can talk about it in conspiracy forums.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

ha! Blue hair, cool. I remember those days.

I'm still convinced i'm an adoptee from some other planet.

As for resemblance. One out of two ain't bad.

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
After seeing the thread title I thought they're right - snow isn't actually white, it just looks white due to the diversity of light diffraction/refraction through it in the same way a polar bear's fur looks white but it's actually clear like glass.

The racist aspect never occurred to me - what's wrong with much of the world these days?
edit on 17/12/2017 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There is always going to be someone who disagrees with whatever is going on. There is really no way to please everyone. Thanks to our awesome tech; this is becoming more and more common as people can voice their opinions to a much larger audience, when previously only their pets would have had to suffer from it.

A lot of people want their 15 minutes of fame for pointing out something, thinking they are the people's champ (sit down, you ain't the Rock), only to realize they are clueless due to their lack of knowledge or understanding of what is actually being said. Common sense, not so common lol.

It is good to voice your opinions but to try to force someone to apologize because you're a fool is not good. Starts a bad trend and makes for bad habits.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Funny Title At first glance ( Snow White ) lol
well if she was real I would be calling her my self .
as for the tweet maybe the students just fail math and cant add two and two ( 13 inches of snow Campas worryed people mite not show tells them a white camps will still be open .
I say flunk them daaaaa .

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join