It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University forced to apologize after calling snow white

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire
a reply to: Hazardous1408

You're mr. wonder smug aren't you? I knew it!

Yes.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

a reply to: fiverx313

fiver i love how you explain sh"t lol.

smooches

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

The saddest thing of all to me is that if you had made that post as the first reply to the thread, it still would have been roundly ignored by the diehard ignorants who abound this site.

They prefer their biases confirmed, it seems.

well... yeah. i mean, i know i'm not going to change minds with that post, because there are some who will think well even if this particular incident isn't true, it's still the way it is. or even if this particular incident has been misstated, the university still apologized and that's the REAL problem. etc etc.

i just get that compulsive fact-checking bug sometimes.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

The saddest thing of all to me is that if you had made that post as the first reply to the thread, it still would have been roundly ignored by the diehard ignorants who abound this site.

They prefer their biases confirmed, it seems.

On this point....

2 days ago an old friend posted something on FB regarding vaping and popcorn lung. I made the next post, with graphics and links to show that what he was saying is nonsense and provably so.

Didn't matter....the people who followed on ignored it and chimed in with the expected, "I knew it wasn't better for you".

People do not fight against confirmation bias. YOu, me, no one. We are all subject to ignorance.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think the uni should have explained their tweet rather than apologize. Something along the lines of,

For those that either have never encountered snow or fail to understand the reference to "white campus" in our previous tweet, it was a description of the snow covering the campus within the literary context of the old song "White Christmas".

That is not an apology, but an explanation for the triggered or uninformed.

edit on 12/14/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Awesomeness!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

lol... haha

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
People do not fight against confirmation bias. YOu, me, no one. We are all subject to ignorance.

the struggle is real!

i try to do my due diligence for myself as much as for anyone else... to research and confirm things that are just what i want to hear and make sure i'm not just buying into a pretty story. but it's a matter of constantly trying to remember to, hehe. i know i'll never be done rooting out those pernicious little demons.

it probably helps that i'd rather realize i was wrong now so i can be right in the future. i hate being fooled! but our brains love to hear what they want to hear...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Color me surprised...

Wait, are you sure you should be saying that? That could be a derogatory remark. I'm sure there's an insult in it somewhere!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

yum

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Well, it's quite obvious one the seven dwarves replied. "Stupid" is one of them, right??

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Two stars, just for you.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I always liked you

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It doesn't rise to the level of outrage...just a bit of head shaking in wonderment at the ridiculousness that is our society, or some parts of it, today...

See below...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The fact that even one person...was this dumb should be worrisome...

Outrage? No, more like an opportunity, on my part, at least, to mock the idiocy that is humanity all too often.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

fiver you're totally abliged to answer you know this right?

Are you or are you not an alien?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The fact that even one person...was this dumb should be worrisome...

Outrage? No, more like an opportunity, on my part, at least, to mock the idiocy that is humanity all too often.

as you like
after scrolling the thread i can't say i really see anyone who looks to be genuinely offended. there's a few people pointing out it could be taken the wrong way, and a lot more people saying it's nothing to be offended about... but actually offended people? not so much. just pranksters having a goof.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

fiver you're totally abliged to answer you know this right?

Are you or are you not an alien?

could you be more specific

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
You would think a college student would be educated enough to know that context is everything in this case. Unbelievable.

Nowadays it seems like college campuses are more focused on the grievance industry than actually educating people for a career.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Meh.

As fiver has pointed out, the vast majority of college students are there to get their degrees and move on into the real world...

I'd guess, if students today are anything like I was, that most of the protesters are there to see if they can pick up a girl or a guy.

...and the ones who are serious, will grow out of it, when reality comes calling the day after graduation, or mom and dad quit payin' the tuition...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join