It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky State Rep Accused of Fondling Minor Commits Suicide

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sad that he did this, but if he loves God so much why did he commit suicide? That's the one way to ensure that god hates you, according to the bible. Everything else is forgivable, but not suicide.

PS: What is wrong with the ATS members celebrating this man's suicide? Yes politicians are scum, but suicide is nothing to be happy about. This politician is STILL a human deserving of love regardless of his career choice and suicide is NEVER the answer. SHAME on you posters!
edit on 14-12-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

Thats as maybe, but from my perspective, it seems odd that a man who professes to faith in God, would take himself out of the equation, rather than carrying on as best he could, until nature or the direct actions of others killed him. He may have suffered, but the Christian ethic demands that if life is less than peachy, you live it anyway, not end yourself because things got too difficult.

If that was in the playbook, there would be no Christians left in the world.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Exactly. His actions betray his words saying he loves god. I'm not even Christian anymore and I know that what he did is 100% hypocritical to his beliefs. You literally cannot get MORE sacrilegious than if you commit suicide.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

she told cops ,they investigated, they decided there was no case and chose not to arrest him. in this country you are innocent till proven guilty democraps seem to gloss over this fact.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Yeah. Corruption and power have a tendency to stand in the way of justice... It's a sad state of affairs isn't it?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Exactly. His actions betray his words saying he loves god. I'm not even Christian anymore and I know that what he did is 100% hypocritical to his beliefs. You literally cannot get MORE sacrilegious than if you commit suicide.

I do not think you are understanding that the act of suicide here indicates that he was not thinking clearly.

Based on what I saw in his garbled tweet, it seems that he was having a mental health crisis of some sort.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Probably. I'm just discussing the religious aspect. Suicide is a puzzling thing because we never get an answer to "why?" Just depression and sadness instead.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I had to stop short of stating that suicide is a sign of mental illness, because some folks make the conscious choice without mental illness being present (im thinking of physically infirm primarily).

But in the case of people who aren't dying to get away from physical misery, its typically mental illness that drives the suicide. Religion is not within the scope of decision making.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree. Suicide is complicated, but it isn't always a sign of mental illness. In fact, for a good portion of suicides, it's just an impulse decision. Someone is in a dire situation and sees no way out and that is the only option they want to reach for, but if you can talk them through the issues at the moment, most times when they take times to think about things they change their mind. So while mental health MAY have played a role here, it isn't necessarily the case.

The Role Of Impulsiveness Is One Of The Saddest Things About Suicide

Anywhere from one-third to 80% of all suicide attempts are impulsive acts, according to The New England Journal of Medicine. 24% of those who made near-lethal suicide attempts decided to kill themselves less than five minutes before the attempt, and 70% made the decision within an hour of the attempt.

Suicidal urges are sometimes caused by immediate stressors, such as a break-up or job loss, that go away with the passage of time. 90% of people who survive suicide attempts, including the most lethal types like shooting one's self in the head, don't end up killing themselves later. That statistic reflects the "temporary nature and fleeting sway of many suicidal crises," reports The New England Journal of Medicine.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Didn't Jesus Commit Suicide? And doesn't Christianity celebrate martyrdom? which is essentially suicide in many cases. If you're asked to deny Jesus to live, and you don't, that's suicide right there.

I mean if you go to an authority you knows will kill you if provoked, no matter how unfair, and you go provoke them, say north korea, and you are killed as a result. You committed suicide.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If I may interject for a moment.

Suicide doesn't necessary mean there was thought involved. To use my own example, I barely remember taking the pills. And I was in a room full of people. Something small and silly happened, and for some reason I just walked over and gulped them down without saying a word.

So, it is possible that he was on a type of "auto-pilot" at this point. Not even thinking and definitely not thinking about religion. It may not even imply guilt or not. Just a tipping point that his mind just gave up on.

So, if I may ask that we all step back for a second and take a moment for this man's life and his family right now, I think that would be a nice step in the right direction. And a deep breath for all of us to get centered wouldn't hurt either.

Now, we can discuss his allegations without making a verdict based on this action. I think the discussion would go much further.

Thank you all.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears
Didn't Jesus Commit Suicide? And doesn't Christianity celebrate martyrdom? which is essentially suicide in many cases. If you're asked to deny Jesus to live, and you don't, that's suicide right there.

You know, I never contemplated these things. They are good questions. Well the Jesus angle not so much. Jesus begged god to be spared and only went along after god said no and the Romans arrested him.

I mean if you go to an authority you knows will kill you if provoked, no matter how unfair, and you go provoke them, say north korea, and you are killed as a result. You committed suicide.

Yeah that is a good point. Chalk it up to another issue that is hard to reconcile with Christian dogma.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is a tragic situation. And no, there is not a 'special place in hell for him".

A special place in jail would have been more appropriate.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

He did not die in the court of public opinion though.

He died by his own hand, while there were plenty of other, preferable options on the table, like taking all the distributors of the information to court, or simply weathering the accusations, as if to say "These are trifling concerns, non-events, reported by entities which I refuse to dignify the produce of, by way of a response".

Maybe, we don't know how his family and close friends reacted, though.

In many muslim communities you leave the faith, and you're basically dead to family and friends, your entire social circle cuts you off. In some areas some communities behave likewise towards those with false accusations.

Yeah but he ain't no Muslim, and Christians believed in forgiveness, and I'm sure judging from recent history his FAM and supporters would be more than willing to extend the same , a lil mia culpa goes along ways these days.
Yes I sound harsh but the young Lady is left with a blight on her character because many would now blame her for his ultimate demise.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

in the eyes of the law, ya....
but, tell me, if you had a daughter who you found was hanging around with someone who you heard stories similar to the one that this girl told, or roy moore, would you be letting things go on, since well he's guilty till he's proven innocent, or would you yank her chain back home?? if it was his victims telling you personally the stories, would you chastise them for telling you them, or would you be rather grateful they did?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I have daughters, I know what I'd do.. Nuff said.
edit on 14-12-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Yes politicians are scum, but suicide is nothing to be happy about. This politician is STILL a human deserving of love regardless of his career choice and suicide is NEVER the answer. SHAME on you posters!

Suicide is no different from murder, cop killings, war, terrorism, it's all the same, part of the human drama.

Just another day in the life of man.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I hope they continue the investigation. If the accuser turned out to be false can some sort of charges be filed from the suicide?

Causing another person to commit suicide is called "murder", where the weapon is "words", so a false accuser would be charged with murder and executed in states that have the death penalty.

In her defense, the false accuser would have to prove that she didn't understand that her words could hurt so bad that the person would take his own life.

Then, maybe the charge would be reduced to manslaughter.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
This is a tragic situation. And no, there is not a 'special place in hell for him".

A special place in jail would have been more appropriate.

As much as we like to think that this action would lead a person to hell, god does not care about the human flesh.

Only we humans do.

More important is the sins of the soul. Did he "intend" to hurt his victims? Or, was he himself a victim of the weaknesses of the flesh?

That's what god would be thinking about.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

He seems to have killed himself out of guilt. That’s why his final words were all about forgiveness and being able to forgive himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join