It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Firing Red Laser At ISS? Lens Flare? Reflection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I saw this clip on YouTube just now and an article on it was published by the Daily Express today. This NASA footage apparently was caught by the ISS cam yesterday. The YouTuber who posted the clip, claimed that the strange anomaly, that appears next to the ISS, had not showed up in previous pre-archive footage.

Streetcap1 added: "Maybe it's lens flare, I don't know what's causing it. In the previous shots hours ago there was no evidence of it at all. It could be lens flare, but I can't see what was causing it. Its shape was what was most interesting to me."

www.express.co.uk...

There's a red beam of light, that looks like a red laser beam, that is fired at the ISS from this anomaly. One sceptic thinks this image is nothing more than a reflection of an electrical panel inside the ISS. Another debunker states that the red beam is actually a laser that NASA uses to send data from the ISS to a lab in Pasadena, CA.

For the past few years the agency has been sending data to and from the space station by red laser beam from the Optical Payload for Lasercomm Science (OPALS) project based at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena. NASA's website states: "OPALS beams packets of information using lasers, which allows for sending data at a faster rate compared with transmission by radio waves."

www.express.co.uk...

The red beam appears to be shot between the ISS and the anomaly...NOT from the ISS to the earth. There certainly might be a simple explanation for this footage, but I'm not buying that it's a reflection from an interior panel inside the ISS. Any ideas?

HERE'S THE ORIGINAL YOUTUBE FOOTAGE:

edit on 12/13/2017 by shawmanfromny because: spelling error

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

That's pretty neat. He mentions he looked back a few hours and it wasn't there.
If it is a reflection like one commenter suggested, it might show up in some older footage at some point.
Or maybe they put up their Christmas tree on the ISS, and that's the reflection we're seeing.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I mean I wanna believe it's something more than a blinking light reflecting in the window but.....damnit

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Someone should set that to a Pink Floyd song.

Not sure what exactly is happening there but I'll go out on a limb here and guess it is not Aliens firing a laser at the ISS.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Not Floyd. Sound effects. Here, I'll do it.

peww

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Laser beams are only visible if they are scattered by something, like atmospheric particles for example.

I agree with other posters that it is most probably a reflection.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The light just doesn't *look* right...

Does that make any sense?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
people who think that this is a laser - clearly dont have any idea how lasers work

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Cosmic ray!

Perhaps?

*cough* Phage *cough*

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

but I'm not buying that it's a reflection

It's not a reflection and it has been filmed before..I think it's something NASA science won't awknolegde as life in space..

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Cosmic ray!

Perhaps?

*cough* Phage *cough*

More chance of Santa on a pratice run than a ufo.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

but I'm not buying that it's a reflection

It's not a reflection and it has been filmed before..I think it's something NASA science won't awknolegde as life in space..

Don't tell me plasma space critters.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Let's hope the astronauts are safe and the ISS was not damaged too much following this laser blast attack by those sneaky aliens. Sounds like they were able to raise their shields in time.

It can't have been a reflection or something mundane cos it's obviously ALIENS!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I often see those constant flashing multi coloured lights on the feed. There is a lot of activity up there in "empy" space...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

edit on 0b54America/ChicagoThu, 14 Dec 2017 14:29:54 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 14 Dec 2017 14:29:54 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Maybe something to do with a change of team at the ISS.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I think I'm missing something: where's the ISS on that video? I can't see any thing that I can identify as the ISS.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
I think I'm missing something: where's the ISS on that video? I can't see any thing that I can identify as the ISS.

This crazy Aussie guy seems to have the pictures. Start at the 15 minute stage, (or else you will tear your hair out)

I think it's a rendezvous with another vehicle that possibly brought astronauts for a changeover.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Thanks for that video, but I can't see the "laser" on it.

But watching that video it does look like all that "UFO" is just a reflection.

top topics

join