It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The blowhole

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Well again I apologize and misread your comments.

Of course it was partly ego as this was my focus in philosophy years and years ago..

Have a good one .

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
I am not a creationist, nor an evolutionist. I take the opinion that there are some things we may never know for sure and that saying we know something for sure is only for our own ego and comfort in a scary place called nature.

Anyway, the blowhole of some mammals really freaks me out. What a bizarre adaptation. Did it slowly move there via progression or was it more that a weirdo blowhole flipper baby was born and all the prehistoric dolphin/whales ladies were like ooo laa la!

Seriously, how in the hell did that weird breathing apparatus move all the way up there?

Blowholes are nostrils that indeed migrated up there. This video explains evolution of whales and dolphins, including their blowholes: www.youtube.com...

Prehistoric whales had nostrils/blowholes half-way up.

What's interesting is that dolphin fetuses initially have nostrils in front, which then migrate up as the fetus develops.
edit on 8-1-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: Fools
I am not a creationist, nor an evolutionist. I take the opinion that there are some things we may never know for sure and that saying we know something for sure is only for our own ego and comfort in a scary place called nature.

Anyway, the blowhole of some mammals really freaks me out. What a bizarre adaptation. Did it slowly move there via progression or was it more that a weirdo blowhole flipper baby was born and all the prehistoric dolphin/whales ladies were like ooo laa la!

Seriously, how in the hell did that weird breathing apparatus move all the way up there?

Blowholes are nostrils that indeed migrated up there. This video explains evolution of whales and dolphins, including their blowholes: www.youtube.com...

Prehistoric whales had nostrils/blowholes half-way up.

What's interesting is that dolphin fetuses initially have nostrils in front, which then migrate up as the fetus develops.

Thanks for that find.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join