It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you MOST looking forward to during the upcoming holiday break?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I'm in the restaurant business, no such thing as a holiday break for me, it is our busy season. I get christmas day off that's it

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
For me I am feeling pretty sure that if there is going to be a global collapse or martial law in the USA, Canada, world, it will happen between Dec. 23rd and Jan 1. You know... To make it a nice new year of a new world of oppression.

Hope I'm just 'noid.

Eta: just saw I'm supposed to be listing what in looking forward to.. not the opposite. However I'm guiltily looking forward to something happening at least. Can't stand the build up and tension.. better or for worse let's at least have at it so we can see what pieces we are left to pick up and work with.
edit on 14-12-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I'm looking forward to a four day weekend. I'm glad that there is no outside work waiting in the wings (have chosen not to bid the entire month) or I'd be working on that while off regular work.
I look forward to being with the kiddos.
I've not been 'feeling it' yet, the spirit, so not sure if there's anything else.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to it being over.
I am depressed, though I am taking aggressive action to try to push through it. All the lifestyle changes I am undertaking will be challenged with the holiday - I'm exercising daily and sticking to a strict diet of healthy foods, not drinking any alcohol, very little coffee and no sugar. Now I'll be faced with foie gras, cake and champagne.

I don't really want to see people, because I know I am not cheerful and will bring people down just being in the same room. I don't want to fall into the trap of drinking just so that I can cover up my depression and make others more comfortable.

My kids are in a cold conflict with each other right now, which makes it all uncomfortable and tears me apart. I miss my parents and siblings. It's also my birthday, and as my husband plans to get everyone together for my birthday, I dread the idea of having the kids all in the same room with each other. I'm also feeling like I don't want to celebrate my existence. Existence is terribly over rated.

I am aware that everyone says you need to see people when you are depressed, but the irony of life is that no one wants to be around a depressed person; the more you need others, the more others are repulsed by you.
# Christmas.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

This is going to be a tough Christmas for me... I just lost my mother. I'm dreading pulling out the Christmas decorations and putting up the tree because we have so many decorations and ornaments she painted for us. Starting with the angel for the tree top. Every year she painted tree ornaments for all of her children and grandchildren. Maybe next year I'll be able to appreciate the memories. But this year it's just going to poke an open wound.

The one thing I'm hopeful for is that my daughter will love the skirt that I'm making for her. It's a tiered skirt with satins and laces in greens and golds -- her favorite colors. She has a quirky style and I'm really hoping she likes it. I guess I'm also hopeful that my sister will like the quilt I'm making for her. I started it for my mom so that she could snuggle up with it in her recliner, but she passed before I finished it. So I decided to finish it for my sister, who was an absolute Godsend for my mother and was there for her through thick and thin. And I'm so very very thankful for that. So maybe it will give my sister just a little bit of comfort. This Christmas will be even tougher for her.

I wish everyone the happiest of holidays filled with love and joy and laughter. Make the best of every minute and hold your loved ones close while you can!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Big B I G hugs.

I feel much the same as you about seeing and being with folks this Christmas -- or any day. I'd rather just be a hermit and wallow in my misery! It will just be my son and daughter-in-law with us Christmas Day and fortunately they know and understand why I'll be a big bummer. But I'd just as soon cancel the holiday this year.

I'll think about you Christmas Day and send you some love

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

No politics.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Sorry to hear Boadicea. Hope the memories will help carry you through. Condolences to you and yours.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Thank you. I'm glad I'll only have to do this once

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
We are not religious so for us xmas is a nice family time when i cook some nice big meal and have a fun dinner with all the kids,my oldest have her own family this year,hubby and twin baby boys.They coming for xmas eve dinner and my youngest gal and her boyfriend is popping in on xmas day.So basically just family time and goodly chow,and we do exchange prezzies which is fun.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm off Christmas Day. Other than that, I'll be at work, serving the American taxpayer as usual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join