It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you MOST looking forward to during the upcoming holiday break?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

No expectations, other than honesty.

Thats a tough transition. Im relatively young, and work in the clinical research/pharma industry. Been laid off twice, and my current employer just merged with another company. There has been no evidence of lay-offs, but ya never know. I do know our stock price is down over 20% since reporting 3rd quarter losses but thats neither here nor there.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Ooo, I am also looking forward the possibility of my first Apistogramma cacatuoides spawn. The female and male have been conspicuously hidden today and her belly was rounder than round yesterday and she's been a bit yellow, so I may have gotten her into condition.

Some free swimming fry would be a wonderful early Christmas present.

My little male looks a bit like that although he still hasn't got fully developed finnage and more of a blue sheen on his dorsal.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hmmm I'm off 10 days. I'll be roofing my chicken coop, flooring my brood house and laying out a new hoop house if The ground isn't to hard. Damn windstorm trashed the coop roof, sigh.

Otherwise, I'll pull out the smoker, a cigar and a drink and love on my wife and daughter.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Playing cards with the family and getting some girl drinks on. Came up with a drink of my own I am springing on everyone.

1 part orange juice, two parts 7 up, two scoops of orange sherbert, and some amount of vodka to please.

Tis the Seasoning.... You may have invented the
Sneaky Screwdriver!

Winter Holiday Break? I'll be happy if nothing expensive DOES.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Blessed to be working on location in the Sangre de Cristos. Probably will be shooting even thru the holidays til the BLM shuts us down.

Livin the dream....
edit on 13-12-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I’m a Sous Chef at a ski resort, I’ll be working 60+ hours a week. My break comes in the spring when the snow is melting and it’s too early for golfers to golf. I’ll get 3 weeks off to do some small game hunting and get my motorcycle ready for summer.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

After having 5 heart attacks since April this year just getting to Xmas is a big thing for me , that was my goal just to see the end of the year

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Hoping it's not the last Christmas I have to spend with my elderly parents... Tell em I love em everytime I speak with them because at their age I may never have a chance to say it to them again.

Having lost my mom and dad ten years and two years ago respectively, I would advise you to do that very thing.
My parents deaths were actually a relief to me because I watched them both suffer as I took care of them. My brothers all lived out of state and didn't see all the nasty.

They take the holiday season much harder than me because of this.

So yes, enjoy it now.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The homemade wine my grandfather made this year is supposed to be amazing. Though it's almost more like brandy.

I'm looking forward to showing my friends in Seattle what some good backwoods wine tastes like.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

After having 5 heart attacks since April this year just getting to Xmas is a big thing for me , that was my goal just to see the end of the year

oops

I posted something to someone else somehow. My xmas wish is that you see it as healthy as possible and have a good time.
edit on 13-12-2017 by Fools because: ..

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

Playing cards with the family and getting some girl drinks on. Came up with a drink of my own I am springing on everyone.

1 part orange juice, two parts 7 up, two scoops of orange sherbert, and some amount of vodka to please.

Sneaky Screwdriver!

I like that name. Can I use it? It is very sneaky!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Usual/traditional stuff for me. Watching the kids' faces as they open gifts, a break from schooling, perhaps some games with the family, movies, etc. Some holiday cooking, of course. Oh, and getting my gaming computer back, with the last two teens finally getting one of their own!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

Sneaky Screwdriver!

I like that name. Can I use it? It is very sneaky!

As long as no loved ones get sneaked too much octane--
I can remember my aunts rum balls. JHC I think they ended
up way soft and 50 Proof. Uncle Bill (the other one) took a
mandatory 12 count in the living room after four.

After all my medical issues, and having a birthday in the last
two weeks-- simply another birthday itself was nifty.
PS Note to self >>after trying to get fine motor skills back from
a stroke, don't drink a lota neat Jefferson with the boys before
picking up the 5String. It'll suck in the bottom... Ross Perot
squared.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

What holiday break?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to watching the Doctor Who Christmas episode.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I’d have to say getting together with family and enjoying some good food.

We don’t have huge feasts like some do... but we have what we like , and playing word games or board games is always good for a chuckle.

It’s not nearly as hectic as it was at one time . I’m grateful for that .

I wish they had better Christmas movies produced. Love to watch a nice Christmas themed movie around the holidays... but all I see on TV are repeats of crappy Hallmark made for tv movies ... or Home Alone 🙄

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm excited about the annoying music and the guys ringing bells for handouts going away for another year.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
You too! No break for me too!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Boxing Day, when I can finally put my feet up and not have to do anything. I am truly exhausted and there’s still heaps of things to do.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
I watch the grinch every year on DVD. The Jim Carey one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join