It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you MOST looking forward to during the upcoming holiday break?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm sure a lot of people are mostly looking forward to NOT working or spending time with family (or not, lol) but wanted to see what the ever-intriguing people of ATS will be up to this end-of-the-year break, and what you're most anticipating.

First, for myself - Our company gives employees the last week of the year off. It'll be fairly quiet at work for the next week and a half...I'm thankful for that because I have a lot to catch up on.

For the break, I'm really looking forward to 36 holes a day on the golf course for at least one day, maybe two, with a couple of pals. My son will be in school and my wife working so I won't have a care in the world for a few days.

(I live in Texas, and the weather looks like it's going to cooperate with temperatures in the high 60's and sunshine - aka golfing weather!!!!)

How bout you?

edit on 3759x6737America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Hoping it's not the last Christmas I have to spend with my elderly parents... Tell em I love em everytime I speak with them because at their age I may never have a chance to say it to them again.

edit on 13-12-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Playing cards with the family and getting some girl drinks on. Came up with a drink of my own I am springing on everyone.

1 part orange juice, two parts 7 up, two scoops of orange sherbert, and some amount of vodka to please.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Usually I am more of a scotch on the rocks man, but I like to drink with the wife/sister/mother in law on that day.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Playing cards with the family and getting some girl drinks on. Came up with a drink of my own I am springing on everyone.

1 part orange juice, two parts 7 up, two scoops of orange sherbert, and some amount of vodka to please.

Both sound good.

We'll definitely be drinking and making wagers on the course!

I miss playing card games a lot. Used to play all the time with friends years ago. My family isnt really into card games though.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Hoping it's not the last Christmas I have to spend with my elderly parents... Tell em I love em everytime I speak with them because at their age I may never have a chance to say it to them again.

In that case, savor it. I hope they are good times for you and yours, and I hope you get to replicate it for years to come!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

We bought a new one this year because my daughter is old enough to play cards with us now. It's called Exploding Kittens. It looks pretty fun and has an age appropriate version.

Last year we waited until she fell asleep and did Cards Against Humanity. Terrible fun.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well, I get to go to my daughters office party this Friday, she has a potluck at here business this year. Of course, I have to make twenty pasties and some homemade rolls. Also the wife is making a desert. Hmmm. how did I get roped into this.

I enjoy her office parties, Lots of good and interesting foods there. Her workers are pretty decent people. I'm glad she is creating jobs for local people, she pays them a decent wage for the area too.

Other than that, we are just going over to the other daughters for Christmas, I have to make rolls for that too and the wife and I will make two pies too. Maybe some strawberry shortcake instead of one of the pies.

We don't go on any trips anymore or go do anything other than go to some of the local events.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well, for those of us who don't get a holiday break - I'll be looking forward to reduced traffic and uncrowded grocery stores.
BTW, I'm in Texas too but it's a bit chilly. Good luck on the links & watch out for the wind!

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I just desperately need a break from the sorry leadership and overly needy patients at work.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Working all over Christmas and new year not got a day off for 2 weeks
So I'm looking forward to when it ends

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Will see the family over Christmas weekend. Always way too much chaos, but in a good way. Then the week after the three of us will have a leisurely four days to celebrate our own family Christmas at home.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, I get to go to my daughters office party this Friday, she has a potluck at here business this year. Of course, I have to make twenty pasties and some homemade rolls. Also the wife is making a desert. Hmmm. how did I get roped into this.

I enjoy her office parties, Lots of good and interesting foods there. Her workers are pretty decent people. I'm glad she is creating jobs for local people, she pays them a decent wage for the area too.

Other than that, we are just going over to the other daughters for Christmas, I have to make rolls for that too and the wife and I will make two pies too. Maybe some strawberry shortcake instead of one of the pies.

We don't go on any trips anymore or go do anything other than go to some of the local events.

And going to your daughter's office party is what you are MOST looking forward to doing...?

Thought I'd give you a second chance! Lol

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

This is the time of year to take advantage of time, by spending every waking second you can with them.
Create memories to cherish. If you have children make sure they get to spend a lot of time with them.
Listen to grandpa and grandmas stories, share them for years to come.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I live 8,000 ft in the mountains at a tiny resort town and will be working everyday besides Monday (my usual day off) all through Christmas and New Years which is typical woohoo!! No Christmas break here
But will be enjoying lots and lots of

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapTheGinkels
I live 8,000 ft in the mountains at a tiny resort town and will be working everyday besides Monday (my usual day off) all through Christmas and New Years which is typical woohoo!! No Christmas break here
But will be enjoying lots and lots of

So that means you'll have a great viewing of the Geminid shower tonight!

Fun!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
As for myself, I am leaving work next week and coming back at the end of January.
I deserve the month off. I get bombarded at home on my time off with phone calls from my guys. They act like the place falls apart when I get off site.
So I warned them. If the phone rings and the number is from work. I'm turning the ringer off.
I'm taking a month to spend with my family.
I hope you all get some time for yourselves and family's

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

originally posted by: rickymouse

And going to your daughter's office party is what you are MOST looking forward to doing...?

Thought I'd give you a second chance! Lol

I'm sixty two, I was really social years ago, now I look forward to just staying home, feeding the fire, and cooking and drinking coffee. I see my other daughters kids all the time, We don't even go over and watch them open presents.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This will be the last week (2years) we get the week off. Since the new company bought us...you really want to know what I am looking forward to? Creating a resume. After 20 years. How sad is that? 20 fing years down the drain, with a company that I loved!

Well, and the fact that my mom finally agreed, after 15 years, to play the white elephant game. I bought really cool gifts. Sorry it probably wasn't what you where looking for.... but it is my life.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Husband more or less does something similar every year.

He doesn't take as much time off, but his stay-cay starts when he gets home Friday and he's not back until Jan. 2 or 3. He always takes the last two weeks of December off just because he can. He'll do some minor checking in with his job every day, but only for about 30 minutes or so.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join