It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran Warns U.S. Not to Play with Nuclear 'Fire'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
Sep

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer
You know, something I've yet to see anyone bring up is the fact that Iran's warning is kind of acknowledging that they're after nukes. Why else say don't play with "nuclear fire?"

I think they said fire not nuclear fire.

"They know our capabilities. We have clearly told the Europeans to tell the Americans not to play with fire"

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer
You know, something I've yet to see anyone bring up is the fact that Iran's warning is kind of acknowledging that they're after nukes. Why else say don't play with "nuclear fire?"

I've got another question that begs to be asked.

Why would Iran, an oil rich country, that can use it very cheap ... be interested in nuclear energy, which would be far more expensive?

IMO, this has nothing to do with energy, it has to do with weapons.

Further, why would Iran have a problem (don't know if it's true or not) with USA drones in Iran if they have nothing to hide? I mean, it's just a few nuclear power plants, right ? USA knows all there needs to know on nuclear power plants. Iran knows that.

Warning the USA of "Nuclear Fire?" Doesn't sound like the nuclear power plant located 7 miles away from my house. Sounds to me like nuclear weapons.

Mark my words, lines are being crossed, and it has nothing to do with nuclear power plants and energy for the Iranians.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
So, Iran warned USA not to play with fire uh? Bad choice of words...Soon, the government of Iran will feel what it's like to play with real fire power.

Sep

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sosuemetoo
I've got another question that begs to be asked.

Why would Iran, an oil rich country, that can use it very cheap ... be interested in nuclear energy, which would be far more expensive?

Its cleaner and will last longer. Iran's oil will end in a few decades, and then what? Should it come begging Europe, Russia and US for energy?

IMO, this has nothing to do with energy, it has to do with weapons.

We all have our opinions.

Further, why would Iran have a problem (don't know if it's true or not) with USA drones in Iran if they have nothing to hide? I mean, it's just a few nuclear power plants, right ? USA knows all there needs to know on nuclear power plants. Iran knows that.

Would the US allow other countries to send drones in their air space? How about Russia and Europe? Israel didnt like it that much when it happened to it.

Warning the USA of "Nuclear Fire?"

Who are you quoting? They didnt say anything about "nuclear fire".

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
would the US ever nuke another country unless it was a last ditch thing. I mean seriously, you are again comparing the US gov't to the Iranian Gov't. I dont see why people are trying to make Iran look like the good guys here. The US is simply trying to maintain overall Peace in the WORLD, that includes ALL countries! If Iran, North Korea, and Russia all wanna team up against the US, and well we know Britain will be there, then by all means, let them get their asses kicked. It won't be so easy this time for Russia to just get people and throw them into war as it was with the Communist regime.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
Who are you quoting? They didnt say anything about "nuclear fire".

I'm quoting the original article on this thread ... story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050213/ts_nm/nuclear_iran_dc

Title: "Iran Warns U.S. Not to Play with Nuclear Fire"

Sep

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sosuemetoo
I'm quoting the original article on this thread ...

Title: "Iran Warns U.S. Not to Play with Nuclear Fire"

LOL, yeah, western media will do that to you. But if you read the title with a close look it say: Iran Warns U.S. Not to Play with Nuclear "Fire". You see the quotations are around the "fire". Not the nuclear. And this is what they were quoting: "We have clearly told the Europeans to tell the Americans not to play with fire," see, no nuclear

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep

Originally posted by zurvan
any way you want my vote no way I would fight! I would welcome them(US) as the last chance for Iran to get rid of cancer of Islam, and quite frankly I don't think I am in minority! the hell that the regime has created for Iranian youth is unbearable.

out cant stop laughing though that you could even think about comparing Iranian theocracy to European or American system

I never compared the American system to the Iranian system of government, I put forward a logic. When a country is under attack the right always speak out loud while the left becomes weak. Its the same in every country.

I about you being a part of the majority who wants to get rid of Islam, all I have to say to that is lol, if Iranians wanted to get rid of Islam, over 90% of them would not have been Muslim.

News flash in Iran there is not virtually no left and right is always talking very loud!

90% of Iranian are Muslim???? again let me remind you. In Islam once somebody is Muslim they are not allowed to leave. In Iran you have no choice but declare yourself Muslim(Unless you belong to some other minortiy religion namely Christian, Jewish or Zoroastrian and for that you need to have been like that for centuries) as otherwise you get in all sort of problems the least would be no job, no schooling. So yes under that conditions you get 90% Muslims! but give Iranian generation maybe another 10 years and we'll see how many would be Muslim then!

and to finish go back and read your original post again and you see that you did compare Iranian theocracy with American political system.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep

any way you want my vote no way I would fight! I would welcome them(US) as the last chance for Iran to get rid of cancer of Islam, and quite frankly I don't think I am in minority! the hell that the regime has created for Iranian youth is unbearable.

out cant stop laughing though that you could even think about comparing Iranian theocracy to European or American system

I never compared the American system to the Iranian system of government, I put forward a logic. When a country is under attack the right always speak out loud while the left becomes weak. Its the same in every country.

I about you being a part of the majority who wants to get rid of Islam, all I have to say to that is lol, if Iranians wanted to get rid of Islam, over 90% of them would not have been Muslim.

News flash in Iran there is virtually no left and right is always talking very loud!

90% of Iranian are Muslim???? again let me remind you. In Islam once somebody is Muslim they are not allowed to leave. In Iran you have no choice but declare yourself Muslim(Unless you belong to some other minortiy religion namely Christian, Jewish or Zoroastrian and for that you need to have been like that for centuries) as otherwise you get in all sort of problems the least would be no job, no schooling. So yes under that conditions you get 90% Muslims! but give Iranian generation maybe another 10 years and we'll see how many would be Muslim then!

and to finish go back and read your original post again and you see that you did compare Iranian theocracy with American political system.

Sep

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   

News flash in Iran there is not virtually no left and right is always talking very loud!

"virtually"? What do you mean "virtually"? You do realize you have just insulted all the students and human rights movments in Iran.

90% of Iranian are Muslim???? again let me remind you. In Islam once somebody is Muslim they are not allowed to leave. In Iran you have no choice but declare yourself Muslim(Unless you belong to some other minortiy religion namely Christian, Jewish or Zoroastrian and for that you need to have been like that for centuries)

I am not a Muslim, and I am not a Christian, Jewish or Zoroastrian, neither is my dad, neither is my mother, neither is my grandfather who converted to my religion. And we are all alive and well. If people hate Islam they would leave it and there is nothing anyone can do about it. During the Mongol invasions Persians were told to convert or dye. After a few years the Mongols became Muslims.

as otherwise you get in all sort of problems the least would be no job, no schooling. So yes under that conditions you get 90% Muslims! but give Iranian generation maybe another 10 years and we'll see how many would be Muslim then!

They have been Muslim for more than a thousand years, I dont think they are going to suddenly become Christians or Zoroasterians as most people in the western world might wish.

I copared how people felt in an attack. Americans rallied behind heir leaders and so will Iranians.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
again your comparison with US is not valid again.

you talk about people rallying and 9/11 and how as a result of that Americans rallied behind their right?

O.K. let go a few years back to say 2 years before 9/11 would Americans not have rallied behind their elected government to fight any threat to their way of life in America. O.K. in Iran it is not like that and has not been for a while now.

see not valid.

Iranians want this situation to change so that they can once again stand behind their government.

Ah and let me see you are saying that you do not believe in Christianity and Zoroastrianism ans so did most of your family! however you think that everybody if they want to change would have to go to one of the above mentioned religions. Hey there are actually people out there who don't have religion. Is that so hard for you to understand? and they cant live in Iran or they might have accidents or have to hide and have a double suppressed personality which forces them to lie to everyone including themselves.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
again your comparison with US is not valid.

you talk about people rallying and 9/11 and how as a result of that Americans rallied behind their right?

O.K. lets go a few years back to say 2 years before 9/11 would Americans not have rallied behind their elected government to fight any threat to their way of life in America. O.K. in Iran it is not like that and has not been like that for a while now.

see not valid.

Iranians want this situation to change so that they can once again stand behind their government.

Ah and let me see you are saying that you do not believe in Christianity and Zoroastrianism ans so did most of your family! however you think that everybody if they want to change would have to go to one of the above mentioned religions. Hey there are actually people out there who don't have religions. Is that so hard for you to understand? and they cant live in Iran or they might have accidents or have to hide and have a double suppressed personality which forces them to lie to everyone including themselves.

[edit on 25-2-2005 by zurvan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join