It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Good Shoot" ????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Heh, well, I'm pretty sure if you go back and read some of my history here you will quickly find I'm anything BUT a 'snowflake'!!! LOL!!!

Yeah, I meant to parenthetically note that I wasn't saying that you are one...I do know you well enough for that.

[qutoe] Yes, I've carved this particular phrase out of many others as a hot button for me. I stand by my assertions on this thread, yours not withstanding. Perhaps I place a higher value on 'slang' terms being used for taking someone's life than you do. I don't know, just me I guess.
I'm also known to have my pet peeves in regards to phrases--just because I called you out doesn't mean that I'm not culpable at times as well.

One thing to keep in mind that many people don't consider is that "good shoot" can also be a way to consolidate someone how is emotionally distraught (and rightfully so) over having to take someone's life. It's akin to saying, "It was just her time, there's nothing that you could do," when someone's family member dies.

"Hey, man, there's nothing that you could have done...it was a good shoot."

I lament the thought of EVER being in the position to take someone's life. Up until my enlistment in the Army at 19 (pre-9/11, barely) and then during and immediately after, I had heavily considered being a police officer or a CHP (back when I lived in California). But marriage and life in general took me in another direction, albeit still in a similar field (just not enforcement). I'm glad for that, because I have a CCDW license now and abhor the idea of ever having to use my firearm against another human being--I can't imagine leaving for work and thinking that it might be a possibility every day that I'm on the job.

I'm off to a "good shoot" later this evening, but I'm pretty confident nobody other than inanimate clay pigeons will be shot!

Best.

Enjoy the shoot...if I lived near you, I'd goad you into taking me one time. I tried it in the Army a few times, but never with any instruction. I was okay, and it was fun, but I've never pursued it since.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I want to quantify that I have carried a weapon for thirty years with out incident. I live by the second amendment.

I watched the video through 4 or 5 time, their was nothing good going down. The cop should have gotten life for murder in the first. He may be free but he will always be the asshole that kill an innocent man.

He did way more damage to the police image than can be repaired in years of good deeds.

My only recourse is karma is an un-relenting bitch from which their is no escape.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This is probably gonna sound weird for an Englishman but I'm still going to say it even though I now live in the Netherlands.

If I was afforded the legal ability to possess and carry a firearm (preferably concealed) I would, without hesitation. I would first follow an instructional course, ask advice from people who know what they are talking about and practice before carrying a firearm and let them advise me as to what would be a good option for me.

(I know 2 gun rules. 1. Assume it is always loaded. 2 Never point it at something you are not prepared to kill)

I live in The Netherlands and have never felt the need to carry a weapon (because Dutch people are chiller than my native U.K.) but the option to protect myself under normal circumstances I would not refuse.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It used to stand for 'justified beyond reasonable doubt'.

Now it means any shooting you get away with.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Yeah....

Let's play "Simon Says" with a terrified man about to $hit his shorts in fear and if you screw up I pump 5 rounds into you.

Sorry, Bulls$#it Shoot.

Sorry SOB's should never work in law enforcement again and his arrogant "I was afraid for my life" ass should have went to jail.
edit on 13-12-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Good rant

I agree "good shoot" sounds more like a fun afternoon at the range, not the killing of a human being.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

That video f##### me up man.

I won't watch it.

My son was watching it a few days back. I overheard it, and was reduced to tears of anger.

Its better for my own mental health, and the safety of people living in my general vicinity, if i don't get exposed to such darkness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join