It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let the left enjoy their day

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: nwtrucker

Well I'm not sure why you're saying the wedge got wider...If it had swung the other way, with all of this divisiveness you think the wedge wouldn't have gotten wider?

From what I have read, the Republicans were planning on impeaching Moore if he got elected anyways.

I would think anyone, regardless of political affiliation would be happy to keep Moore out of office until the allegations are settled. Luckily he didn't make it to a national level, in which he would have just used the slush fund already in place to make the allegations "quietly subside."

But in this day an age, a person's political leanings mean more than their character? I don't think so. I'd rather have a man in office with whom I totally disagree than have a man in office whom I cannot respect or look square in the eye.

But maybe that's just me.

Unfortunately, slime politics is the order of the day. From mainstream media on down. Well over 46 million was spent by various groups supporting Jones and under 10 million by the RNC.

Many have suspected the RNC didn't want Moore to win even before these 'timely' accusations appeared.

You can comfortably sit on the high road of character all you want. Without proof it is nothing but slander. Your moral high ground is relegated to swampland in my opinion.

Hold your horses mr trucker sir...

Just because slime politics is the order of the day doesn't mean you or I have to go there.

Secondly did I say Moore was guilty? No sir I did not. I mentioned allegations.

But Moore's conduct and preachy BS after the election is proof enough that I don't trust him and I'm happy he didn't win. His moral high ground is relegated to swampland and the lowest horse manure, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Lol. Sure if you use fuzzy math it increased.

In reality they left deficits. The increase in revenue sanders tried to mumble were totally taken out of context during the period of recession recovery when interest rates were lowered.

Reagan literally started the big deficit trend by ignoring the imploding s n l scandal.

Maybe you are too young to remember. He also had to raise taxes during this time to increase revenue for ssi.

Well, I'm 67 and one of us have a false picture of events. When one studies the bottom line of a financial statement, one sees 'the deficit grew' and goes no further, one can assume it to be connected to tax cuts. Further evaluation shows that revenues jumped massively to the federal coffers. It also shows massive increases in spending. Reagan's massive rebuilding of the military-which won h 'cold war'- and the Democrat controlled Congress which massively increased social spending. Far more spending increases that the increase of revenues.

If you have any objectivity, at all, you will see both 'parties' are culpable in those increase spending numbers. Not really a surprise is it?? Now add in the Democrat controlled Congress passed those tax cuts so even your argument isn't accurate as Congress controls the purse strings, not the President.

The S and L issue came well after.

We have a devastated industrial base. Forget who's to blame or the factors behind it. It doesn't matter at this juncture. What DOES matter is our economic base funds our programs. While we may disagree on programs to fund or how much, rebuilding our base economy, at least to a level playing field is paramount.

That is the only way this nation survives in any form to our 'hay days'.

Will some take advantage of that license? Of course. The S and L is a perfect example of the greed/criminality that some are capable of. I, for one, will put up with that-for now- if we can rebuild our economic base, income and revenues and our children and grandchildren's future.

I honestly believe that is Trump's goal and purpose here. Hence my support. If he proves out otherwise, I will eat crow.

The likelihood of his success is slim at best anyways....
edit on 14-12-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Every tax cut since Nixon has created a deficit and large ones.

Congress hasnt balanced a budget in decades. They aren't going to now.

I get it you bought in. The independent analysis of the cuts that have been shown to the public show massive deficits. It's a ponzi scheme.

Name me a single tax cut Nixon made. If anything that moron put price controls on freaking food!! Remember that? Screw Nixon.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Well I'm not sure why you're saying the wedge got wider...If it had swung the other way, with all of this divisiveness you think the wedge wouldn't have gotten wider?

From what I have read, the Republicans were planning on impeaching Moore if he got elected anyways.

I would think anyone, regardless of political affiliation would be happy to keep Moore out of office until the allegations are settled. Luckily he didn't make it to a national level, in which he would have just used the slush fund already in place to make the allegations "quietly subside."

But in this day an age, a person's political leanings mean more than their character? I don't think so. I'd rather have a man in office with whom I totally disagree than have a man in office whom I cannot respect or look square in the eye.

Unfortunately, slime politics is the order of the day. From mainstream media on down. Well over 46 million was spent by various groups supporting Jones and under 10 million by the RNC.

Many have suspected the RNC didn't want Moore to win even before these 'timely' accusations appeared.

You can comfortably sit on the high road of character all you want. Without proof it is nothing but slander. Your moral high ground is relegated to swampland in my opinion.

Just because slime politics is the order of the day doesn't mean you or I have to go there.

But Moore's conduct and preachy BS after the election is proof enough that I don't trust him and I'm happy he didn't win. His moral high ground is relegated to swampland and the lowest horse manure, in my opinion.

So you don't the have belief or even suspicion that the timing of this 46(?) million dollar effort- the Alabama Dems sure don't have that kind of money- isn't intended to knock out a critical seat in the control of the Senate?

We have a litany of wack jobs in our Senate. Right across the political spectrum. From McCain right through to the left's representatives. Both parties. Yes?

This is a hatchet job. Pure and simple. I don't know the man and don't presume to judge him....other than his apparent support for issues that I agree with.

Do NOT insult me with 'character'. We have virtually none in D.C. to begin with. To post on this man's character at this juncture, is disingenuous.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Just meant jfk cut didn't create massive deficits. Everything after has.

Now you are correct that "revanue" increases however not enough to match the projected budget increases.

Cutting taxes before forcing congress to balance or at the least free spending is a terrible idea and has not panned out in nearly 50 years of federal level cuts.

Now states have done this and even had budget surplus they have given back to the tax payers.

S n l started during carter by the way.

Cutting taxes prior to controlling spending is a disaster.

Manufacturers are going automation, soon truck drivers will be out of work and the 6 million people driving for a living will have to find other work.

What we need are some discussions based on reality. Not wishes and reminiscing on the good old days.

edit on 14-12-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

So you don't the have belief or even suspicion that the timing of this 46(?) million dollar effort- the Alabama Dems sure don't have that kind of money- isn't intended to knock out a critical seat in the control of the Senate?

We have a litany of wack jobs in our Senate. Right across the political spectrum. From McCain right through to the left's representatives. Both parties. Yes?

This is a hatchet job. Pure and simple. I don't know the man and don't presume to judge him....other than his apparent support for issues that I agree with.

Do NOT insult me with 'character'. We have virtually none in D.C. to begin with. To post on this man's character at this juncture, is disingenuous. [/quote

What does Moore have that you like?

The fact he oposes liberty and describes creating a theocracy?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Spacespider

a reply to: Spacespider

but, but, Clinton....but, but Obama

Clinton lost and Obama's gone. This obsession with those people isn't helping the Right wing cause even a little bit.

but, but... there where simple no other alternative

There are plenty of other parties in America, thus plenty of alternatives. I'm a proud libertarian. You aren't required to be a sheep and only vote for Dems or Republicans.

There were plenty of candidates with honor and human decency. Trump and Clinton didn't qualify.

But they keep voting D or R and not the others. I don't understand why they keep acting insane "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome"..

If you think Trump's election is doing the same, then I'd suggest it's not us who doing the same over and over, it's you seeing them the same....over and over....

Trump fits the pattern to break up the R's and the D's by exposing them for the exact fool each of them are. Very few are not selfish fools either working actively or as tools to destroy society and create that NWO. A wild card like Trump is too late I am afraid. He already ran as an R and not as something else so I look for a Libertarian.......

If Trump, as a wild card is already 'too late', then how is it not 'too late' for a Libertarian Party that garners no traction???

Right, too late is too late. What is left is hope that MAYBE, just maybe, someone like a Trump and a wholesale removal of all the idiots in DC based on evidence of their malfeasance will stick. As several on ATS point out the left-right paradigm is a lie and I keep calling the RINO's which are most of the R's out as D's. The two parties vote lockstep and play games to make the citizens think they are different. Rand Paul is different in the Senate and I think Ted Cruz is too but he has flaws for some people on ATS.

In general, I agree. I've seen too much from both that suggests they are both well entrenched into the 'system'. Cruz especially.

I believe both are designed 'safety valves' for those frustrated with the system and parties. They make great speeches on specific issues....those that they know won't change anything based on their speeches...that keeps them as favorites of those that are dissatisfied.

When a real outsider shows up?? Truth revealed. JMO, though.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Clinton lost and Obama's gone. This obsession with those people isn't helping the Right wing cause even a little bit.

There are plenty of other parties in America, thus plenty of alternatives. I'm a proud libertarian. You aren't required to be a sheep and only vote for Dems or Republicans.

There were plenty of candidates with honor and human decency. Trump and Clinton didn't qualify.

But they keep voting D or R and not the others. I don't understand why they keep acting insane "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome"..

If you think Trump's election is doing the same, then I'd suggest it's not us who doing the same over and over, it's you seeing them the same....over and over....

Trump fits the pattern to break up the R's and the D's by exposing them for the exact fool each of them are. Very few are not selfish fools either working actively or as tools to destroy society and create that NWO. A wild card like Trump is too late I am afraid. He already ran as an R and not as something else so I look for a Libertarian.......

If Trump, as a wild card is already 'too late', then how is it not 'too late' for a Libertarian Party that garners no traction???

Right, too late is too late. What is left is hope that MAYBE, just maybe, someone like a Trump and a wholesale removal of all the idiots in DC based on evidence of their malfeasance will stick. As several on ATS point out the left-right paradigm is a lie and I keep calling the RINO's which are most of the R's out as D's. The two parties vote lockstep and play games to make the citizens think they are different. Rand Paul is different in the Senate and I think Ted Cruz is too but he has flaws for some people on ATS.

In general, I agree. I've seen too much from both that suggests they are both well entrenched into the 'system'. Cruz especially.

I believe both are designed 'safety valves' for those frustrated with the system and parties. They make great speeches on specific issues....those that they know won't change anything based on their speeches...that keeps them as favorites of those that are dissatisfied.

Perhaps you should examine both of the Pauls voting records and what bills they work on.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I didn't insult you, quite the opposite...if you read my post. I kept my remarks to the subject. I am not taking this to a personal level.

I don't care about the timing of the allegations. I think any allegations of sexual misconduct should be investigated, whether left, right, center, or anywhere else they occur.

According to your posting, you believe it to be a conspiracy against Roy Moore in specific and the GOP in general. I do not agree with this because even Roy Moore's colleagues accepted his dalliances and justified them with biblical verse, and others justified those romantic attractions with "that was the past."

edit on 14-12-2017 by kelbtalfenek because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Perhaps you should examine both of the Pauls voting records and what bills they work on.

Yes, voting record. Sigh. Easy to vote on an issue that one knows won't pass. Paul is slightly better than Cruz, I admit.

But push comes to shove, I see little or no support from him for Trump, draining the swamp, cutting cumbersome regulations, so on. I believe he is fairly sincere, but is well entrenched in the comfort zone that is D.C. politics.

I will go as far as to say the jury is still out on Paul, for me at least. By no means do I give him a pass. He may prove me wrong, and I hope he does. JMO.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Yes, voting record. Sigh. Easy to vote on an issue that one knows won't pass. Paul is slightly better than Cruz, I admit.

But push comes to shove, I see little or no support from him for Trump, draining the swamp, cutting cumbersome regulations, so on. I believe he is fairly sincere, but is well entrenched in the comfort zone that is D.C. politics.

I will go as far as to say the jury is still out on Paul, for me at least. By no means do I give him a pass. He may prove me wrong, and I hope he does. JMO.

You didn't see Paul the only guy working on the health care bill through town hall discussions and medical professionals symposiumso trying to make a real market based system and meeting with trump regularly.....ok

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You didn't see Paul the only guy working on the health care bill through town hall discussions and medical professionals symposiumso trying to make a real market based system and meeting with trump regularly.....ok

Yes I did. Look, this is my personal observation so you can take it or leave it as you will. What I see is various Republican reps, speak on, support individual issues. Rarely the same ones, as a rule. A few do get through, way below whats needed.Yes?

I see it as their obligation and goal to maintain their connection to their supporters. Paul seems no different in operating basis than the rest. When it comes to articulated support for this President, it's flat out not there.

I see the support for a specific issue, usually a failed effort, and that operates as it's intended, you use it to show why you support him. Yes?

I am willing to give him a mulligan at this juncture, but no more. I want his support for our elected President. Period. Not just some damn bill that wins him brownie points with the electorate.

That support for the President is my measuring stick, obviously not yours. I'd also wager the majority of the grassroots that voted for Trump over all other candidates in the republican field as well. JMO, though.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Do I see as a conspiracy? More or less, yes. Although gambit or tactic is equally accurate.

As far as your information goes on fellow republican support, I question your sources objectivity. Even local media is biased, picks the candidate it endorses and covers the opposition accordingly. Most of the media is biased towards the left.

As I don't know the sources you cite nor their political history and leanings. Context is a factor. If you trust your sources and the quality of their positions, sobeit.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Do I see as a conspiracy? More or less, yes. Although gambit or tactic is equally accurate.

That's what I thought. No further explanation needed.

As far as your information goes on fellow republican support, I question your sources objectivity. Even local media is biased, picks the candidate it endorses and covers the opposition accordingly. Most of the media is biased towards the left.

As I don't know the sources you cite nor their political history and leanings. Context is a factor. If you trust your sources and the quality of their positions, sobeit.

All you need to do is google "Roy Moore Support" and tons will come up... I'm not the one that has to trust the sources because I believe the guy needs to be investigated. It's those that support Roy Moore without hesitation that need to have their sources checked. I could include sources but, as you stated, you believe there is a conspiracy or gambit...so you would possibly decry "fake news."
edit on 14-12-2017 by kelbtalfenek because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

That's what I thought. No further explanation needed.

All you need to do is google "Roy Moore Support" and tons will come up... I'm not the one that has to trust the sources because I believe the guy needs to be investigated. It's those that support Roy Moore without hesitation that need to have their sources checked. I could include sources but, as you stated, you believe there is a conspiracy or gambit...so you would possibly decry "fake news."

I am suspicious, yes. Am I sure that it's bogus? NO.

If you think the left is incapable of such a move then I question your objectivity. I've seen a similar move up here in Washington St. in a sheriff's election and I'm convinced it was hyperbole, without question.

I have personal experience with false accusations be females as well.

Again, based on personal experience, both political and gender-wise, In a doubt situation as this one was for me, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

You wouldn't. Fair enough.

Suffice it likely won't work twice, at least if promoted on a national basis, if it was, in fact, bogus.

Either way, it's a win for the left. I'm not so sure it was a win for everyone, or merely one more step of a PC motivated character assassination.

I don't know. Perhaps the truth will out. Enjoy your day.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I am suspicious, yes. Am I sure that it's bogus? NO.

If you think the left is incapable of such a move then I question your objectivity. I've seen a similar move up here in Washington St. in a sheriff's election and I'm convinced it was hyperbole, without question.

I have personal experience with false accusations be females as well.

Again, based on personal experience, both political and gender-wise, In a doubt situation as this one was for me, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

You wouldn't. Fair enough.

I said I would like to see the allegations investigated. I think that is giving him the benefit of the doubt. Let the chips fall where they may.

Personally what I think is happening is something remarkable, but not unexpected. For years we have heard that sexual assaults have gone un-reported in most cases. Now that there is some justification given to victims, there is some solidarity, and there is some credibility given...some of these unreported assaults are being aired. Were a great many of these alleged assaulters powerful men? Yes. Why were the assaults unreported? Because the females in question were assaulted (which can cause a massive loss in confidence and create a victim complex) by powerful confident men, men who knew it would be their word vs. the word of an underling, a nobody (their thoughts, not mine.) So the ladies didn't report the assaults.

Now these ladies are seeing that they aren't the only victims. So they are reporting, adding on, and coming out, per se.

Suffice it likely won't work twice, at least if promoted on a national basis, if it was, in fact, bogus.

Either way, it's a win for the left. I'm not so sure it was a win for everyone, or merely one more step of a PC motivated character assassination.

I don't know. Perhaps the truth will out. Enjoy your day.

I understand your point. We are seeing things from different viewpoints and that's okay. I also hope that the truth comes out, and that it isn't politically motivated- but rather springs from actual events. I'm okay with it if Mr. Moore is completely innocent.

Have a good day yourself.
edit on 14-12-2017 by kelbtalfenek because: danged quotes

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Funny how that "left" group of america is so eager to destroy what left of USA and prob start ww3 against Russia.

If you want to want to get a taste of how it is.. come to any EU country and see how left thinking pans out.

That's funny I could have sworn Trump was a republican and has made it his mission to repeatedly threaten to vaporize a crazy Korean dictator with long-range nuclear missiles. If calling Russia out for interfering in our election is sufficient to start WW3, then it would have happened 50 times over by now. How does pandering the Russians help the US?

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

the divisiveness has never been more vitriol. this isn't a contest.. peoples lives are at stake

And provoking North Korea and moving the embassy to Jerusalem isn't putting lives at stake?

When you threaten a nation with annihilation and publicly insult their leader, you are asking for trouble, it would be like walking up to Dwayne Johnson and saying 'I slept with your wife.' NK's capabilities are getting scary and it's only a matter of time before they can reach the west coast. And the whole embassy deal? there have already been riots and another battle of the Gaza strip could happen, so much for Trumps' plan for 'a stable and peaceful middle East.'

Oh well, He is the president so whatever happens good or bad it falls on his shoulders, that's the downside or upside of being POTUS.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: andrewh7

Funny how that "left" group of america is so eager to destroy what left of USA and prob start ww3 against Russia.

If you want to want to get a taste of how it is.. come to any EU country and see how left thinking pans out.

That's funny I could have sworn Trump was a republican and has made it his mission to repeatedly threaten to vaporize a crazy Korean dictator with long-range nuclear missiles. If calling Russia out for interfering in our election is sufficient to start WW3, then it would have happened 50 times over by now. How does pandering the Russians help the US?

Because they can destroy us, Kim can´t.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Well the day has passed and the corrupt election tactics are coming back to bite the Democrats! Karma is a bitch it turns out.

Kansas Dem Andrea Ramsey, accused of sexual harassment, will drop out of US House race

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join