It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very strange dream about my mother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I dream about my parents often as an only child with both parents gone. Often I am back at my childhood home and it is as it was and I touch things and tap on things to feel them and hear them to confirm I am there. Last night I dreamed I was in our kitchen and all was as it was but my mother was there, but young and vibrant and upbeat - a mum I never knew as a child. I went along with the dream for a while but then it kicked in and I said to her, "You've been gone, you've passed. How are you here again like this?" She said something along the lines of "They took me away in soiled wraps and brought me back." "You need to learn to be on your own because now I want to travel." And then she mentioned the word Odessa or Odetta, for some reason, but I got it wrong as Olivia and she corrected me. No Idea what that meant. It's just stuck with me all day since it was so clear. I still miss her so much. I wish I knew if it was truly a message or just bunk that my mind made up.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: EveStreet

Hard to say, sometimes. I had a dream about my parents - also both gone - once. We were all - various family, some still here, some not - having a picnic, in some quiet, pretty place. Large blanket on the ground - that we never did when they were around, as they always wanted a table - and everyone smiling, happy, etc. All younger, in good health, too. Can't recall a word that was said, though. Good dream. No idea if it was from my head or not, but it was nothing like anything that happened in real life, and nothing at all like my usual dreams.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Sounds like she going to reincarnate in odessa from how you describe it .

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I lost my mother 7 years ago I had a dream a little while back it was a really short dream but one that you feel as if it's real and you are awake.

in my dream I came down our stairs in our family home and go into the kitchen. The kitchen was set out exactly how our kitchen was but everything seemed a bit brighter. I remember saying 'what are you doing here mum, why is the kitchen brighter than normal'

She replied with 'yeah sorry about the kitchen everything is a little different here'

Dreams are very strange and intriguing

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
People dream about those they've lost as a coping mechanism. That's what I believe. I've had those dreams too, some were time travel induced seeing my deceased parent. We were close and it was hard losing them., I never had the chance to say goodbye.

Sometimes I think we dream these dreams because we never fully got closure.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Hi, EveStreet. Here's my take on your dream.

Often I am back at my childhood home and it is as it was and I touch things and tap on things to feel them and hear them to confirm I am there.

The fact that you know to check whether or not you're actually there lends itself to lucid dreaming, which is defined as (source):

A lucid dream is a dream during which the dreamer is aware of dreaming. During lucid dreaming, the dreamer may be able to exert some degree of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment.

Although the concept of lucid dreaming has been scientifically proven (look here under Scientific Research), when dealing with loved ones who have passed, it's been my experience that there's either a concept, intuition or memory locked in your subconscious that you're trying to work out. Or it can also mean that by our own doing or theirs, our loved ones are using our lucid dreams to send us messages (the meaning of which might not be immediately understood).

According to this website,, which I've personally referred to in the past:

Our dreams reveal the inner world of our subconscious mind and can often hold clues or even prophecies that can influence our lives or day to day.

Through dreams, our intuition and spirit guides are more likely to speak to us because our ego or rational mind is often switched off and unable to effect the transmission of the message.

As for understanding the meaning:

To unlock your dreams you really need to pay attention to any symbols or metaphors that come up and try to relate them to your day to day or past experiences.

If the meaning behind the symbol doesn’t come clear straight away, don’t worry. The more you stay open and aware to the symbols the more they will start to make sense to you. Writing them down will also help you bring more clarity to what they may mean.

I can't really hypothesize on what information your dream might have been trying to give you because it is so highly personalized to your own life, but give it some time and hopefully the meaning will become clear to you.

Best of luck to you!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

"You need to learn to be on your own because now I want to travel."

I believe our loved ones stick around us if we continue to grieve their departure. Perhaps your Mom is waiting for you to be "ok" with her passing. Once she feels that she no longer has to be by your side, as comfort, she would feel at ease to leave you for a bit and go out exploring the infinite, for a while...If you feel secure, tell your Mom to get out there and do her thing....

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I dream about my parents all the time. The last one was just a couple of days ago, and it was set in the house I grew up in. Mom has been gone 38 years, and Daddy left this earth 6 years ago. I have missed my mother very much, and even though I have have had other wonderful women act as mother figures, I still tear up thinking of her.

I find that I dream about them when I’m stressed out or really worried about something. Somehow seeing them makes me feel better. My dad was, and still is, a great advice giver.

Don’t question it, just go with it. Even if you “tell” your mom that you are ok, my bet is she will still be there when you need her. Most moms are like that.

new topics

top topics

join