It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Forced to Drown Own Child in North Korean Prison, Says Defector

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There have been stories about surviving in North Korea.. Every time I read one of these ....it really does bother me... Man's inhumanity to man or just flat out cruel behavior. Luckily this lady finally made it out alive.. Is it a false story or something to help beat the war drums ? You decide; or as they say around here, "UP TO YOU".
By James Burke
December 13, 2017 1:25 am

How a woman in a North Korean labor camp was forced to drown her new-born child because the baby was of mixed ethnicity was part of testimony given by a North Korean defector in Washington D.C.

At a detention center in North Korea, pregnant women were forced to carry out hard labor all day long, defector Ji Hyeon-A told a U.S. Foreign Affairs subcommittee hearing at Capitol Hill on Tuesday Dec. 12.

“Because North Korea does not allow mixed ethnicities, they make women who have become pregnant in China to miscarry by forcing them to [do] hard labor,” said Ji.

One woman though didn’t have a miscarriage.

“[She] gave birth to a baby at night at eight months after a full day of work,” said Ji. “She was so happy to hold her child, but that moment was short lived.”

The woman was ordered to drown her newborn.

“She pleaded to the guard for mercy with the baby in her arms, but in the end, she did as told,” said Ji. “The image of the dead infant tore through my 20-year-old heart.”

That was the first time that Ji had been imprisoned for fleeing North Korea. In total, she was caught in China and repatriated three times.

See link for the rest of the story.....Ji is now an author and activist after finally escaping (4 times was the charm) in 2007 and being resettled in South Korea.
www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I hate to say it but does it not seem to be another situation from the same play book that was used for Iraq?, we all remember the false testimony stating the soldiers would take babies out of incubators and leave them to die on the floor!!!...

Personally it feels like all bets are off as to what stories will come to light, if they are true who the hell knows..

RA

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The way the MSM behaves,the chances of this being a true story are slim and none,more MSM war machine propoganda

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Iraq story of the incubators was my first thought too.. However I have been reading stories like this for years about the camps of N.Korea and actually have very little doubt this one is probably true..

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
In Germany we say:

Wer einmal lügt, dem glaubt man nicht, und wenn er auch die Wahrheit spricht.
A liar is not believed even when he speaks the truth.

And that´s fact!

Everybody remembers "iraq´s WMD", the incubator babies and all the other lies the overlords from the overseas told the world, to start their wars!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

So how Did this woman get pregnant from someone other than a nth Korean, did she take a holiday, go to the south, bang a foreigner and go back to the north to have the baby.... Something doesn't add up.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So how Did this woman get pregnant from someone other than a nth Korean, did she take a holiday, go to the south, bang a foreigner and go back to the north to have the baby.... Something doesn't add up.

Han Chinese are not Korean... Woman goes to foreign land only has the clothes on her back... she pays for upkeep/food/shelter to someone who will take her in with her body... Old Old story... Someone turns her in (maybe her keeper after getting bored or scared) and she is deported back to N. Korea and the reeducation camps.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Donno about that story, I think after the first attempt at escaping, next is a bullet to the back of the head, three times seems awfully lenient for the hermit kingdom.

If real tho, that's f%&ing awful.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
This is somehow reminiscent of the way the Taliban were demonised prior to the invasion of Afghanistan back in '02. I'm pretty certain that publicity campaign against them predated the events of 11/9/01 as well, at least in the media of this part of the world.

Makes determination of the veracity of such claims difficult until it's viewed in hindsight.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

I hate to say it but does it not seem to be another situation from the same play book that was used for Iraq?, we all remember the false testimony stating the soldiers would take babies out of incubators and leave them to die on the floor!!!...

Personally it feels like all bets are off as to what stories will come to light, if they are true who the hell knows..

RA

This story very well may not be true. It might be but let’s go with it not being true.

Perhaps they feel that the real true stories of the brutal dictator neglecting, torturing, starving, raping, kid napping, murdering etcetera his people isn’t motivating the people of the earth enough into doing something about it so they resort to something like this?

If this is in fact the situation then it is sad....sad that the real stories as horrible as they are and as dire as the situation really is, isn’t enough.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It truly shows just how weak some people are in this world. Never could anyone force me to drown my own child. Death would be the only option for me at that point, and taking out as many with me as I could on the way down....... sad.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter
It truly shows just how weak some people are in this world. Never could anyone force me to drown my own child. Death would be the only option for me at that point, and taking out as many with me as I could on the way down....... sad.

Even after they torture your baby in front of you then tell you that the baby will be tortured every day unless you put the baby out of its misery? What would you choose?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Vice guide to vacationing in North Korea - back when Vice actually did interesting things.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Whether or not this is factual or propaganda you'd have to kill me first. Unless I knew they'd slowly kill my child as punishment then I'd certainly without a doubt quickly and mercifully end my babies life and then force them to take my own after.

Disgusting if true smh.

-Alee

top topics

join