It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems support accused pedophile senator

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Grambler

The democrats have a leader in this issue of lack of moral leadership, Kirsten Gillibrand, 0 tolerance for sexual predators.

"It was just a few years later that my husband Jonathan and I moved back to the Albany area, where I grew up, to prepare for my own run for office. I was lucky enough to receive guidance and mentorship from Hillary during that run, and was truly honored that President Bill Clinton campaigned for me in my first run for Congress in 2006."

-Kirsten Gillibrand
legalinsurrection.com...

She's a hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

My point is there is a danger to declaring someone guilty based on accusations, and as this thread shows, there is a hypocrisy to it.

There is always danger in this, that is true. While accusers should be listened to and fully heard, one should not automatically believe them without solid investigation into the facts at the very least.

People lie: both accusers and the accused may shade the truth, and investigation is the best way to determine what happened.

In the case of Menendez, there are exculpatory facts from the trial that make the sexual accusations tenuous.

It boils down to perception more often than not: people want "their team" to be the "good guys" and the other side to be "bad guys" and the truth is there are both kinds of individuals on both political "teams."

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Bill doesn’t matter anymore. Like deficits don’t matter anymore.

What matters is what the voter thinks. Like the voters in Alabama. And democrats like Gillibrand.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

My point is there is a danger to declaring someone guilty based on accusations, and as this thread shows, there is a hypocrisy to it.

There is always danger in this, that is true. While accusers should be listened to and fully heard, one should not automatically believe them without solid investigation into the facts at the very least.

People lie: both accusers and the accused may shade the truth, and investigation is the best way to determine what happened.

In the case of Menendez, there are exculpatory facts from the trial that make the sexual accusations tenuous.

It boils down to perception more often than not: people want "their team" to be the "good guys" and the other side to be "bad guys" and the truth is there are both kinds of individuals on both political "teams."

Yes this is exactly my point.

In fact, I dont begrudge people at all saying that they feel one person is innocent while another is guilty.

But don't pretend that somehow gives you a moral high ground.

And for the people that matter, the media and politicians, don't demand some people be forced out over accusations while defending others.

It not only is hypocritical and gamesmanship, but it actually belittles the serious crimes they are accessed of.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

You can see in Gillibrand's eyes that she lies easily and effortlessly. Same look as Hillary.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I think above is saying this already went to trial and came up bogus.

If that is the case it's a very different situation. Though I wouldn't doubt the very same Roy Moore situation could exist,

In fact he was a Democrat(dixiecrat) at the time

But it was best for conservatives that this man's beliefs and style didn't infest the party. Social conservatives who allow their beliefs to directly create policy are not real conservatives. Your beliefs can guide you in the us but we are purposely secular. Even if Alabama is religious our forefathers made a conscious decision to make space for all to exist and not be subject or forced by contract to follow an opposing belief.

Same goes for the libs and their social engineering plots.

Edit

I do not mean socially conservative people are not conservatives I mean a politician who pulpits with policy the directly effects another beliefs liberty.

Gay marriage for instance. The only social conservative liberty based option is to get the state out of marriage. It's not to pulpit the state needs to award contracts for one belief and not another.
edit on 13-12-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I think above is saying this already went to trial and came up bogus.

If that is the case it's a very different situation. Though I wouldn't doubt the very same Roy Moore situation could exist,

In fact he was a Democrat(dixiecrat) at the time

But it was best for conservatives that this man's beliefs and style didn't infest the party. Social conservatives who allow their beliefs to directly create policy are not real conservatives. Your beliefs can guide you in the us but we are purposely secular. Even if Alabama is religious our forefathers made a conscious decision to make space for all to exist and not be subject or forced by contract to follow an opposing belief.

Same goes for the libs and their social engineering plots.

I didnt like moore either.

However, I will not allow the ends to justify tthe means.

In this case, the means is hypocritical, dangerous, and belittles the accusers by playing politics with them.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I disagree. I think the means are the same ones that got Trump ad Bill Clinton elected.

Trump
Clinton
Jackson
And LBJ are similar in many ways.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

17th amendment took State government supervision out of the process of selecting and managing US Senators.
Repeal the 17th.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Bill doesn’t matter anymore. Like deficits don’t matter anymore.

What matters is what the voter thinks. Like the voters in Alabama. And democrats like Gillibrand.

So you have no problem with her false outrage, her lying and hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They have called for an ethics committee investigation after the mistrial. The government has expressed intent in a retrial which would delay that.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I don’t have a problem with her at all.

I know you do but that is to be expected.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I don’t have a problem with her at all.

I know you do but that is to be expected.

I understand that your ideology embraces hypocrisy and encourages selective memory and re-writing history.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Good thing I don’t run for public office with that resume. I’d have to run as a Republican.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Funny, all those calling me a pedophile supporter for defending the presumption of innocence, and calling out the gop for supporting pedophilia are strangely absent from this thread.

Almost like they don't care about alleged pedophilia when it comes from their team.

The same can be said for many on the right, even here on ATS.

Some people are awfully salty about pedophiles being called pedophiles.

What a strange thing to get upset about...

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Funny, all those calling me a pedophile supporter for defending the presumption of innocence, and calling out the gop for supporting pedophilia are strangely absent from this thread.

Almost like they don't care about alleged pedophilia when it comes from their team.

Some people get upset when others give the preumption of innocence.

What a strange thing to get upset about.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

(Pizzagate)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Do you even know what a pedophile is? Or do you think sex with anyone under 18 is a pedophile?

Because it’s definately not. Get your terminology correct.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

(Pizzagate)

Yes there are hypocrites on both sides., as that issue shows.

But what about the actual people in power?

Were there national media campaigns running every night that all of the pizzagate people were guilty?

Were Republican congressmen calling anyone who refused to denounce all those in pizzagate immoral.

Quite the opposite.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
Do you even know what a pedophile is? Or do you think sex with anyone under 18 is a pedophile?

Because it’s definately not. Get your terminology correct.

I am aware of the terminology.

I am using the terms that were used against Moore and his supporters.

Again I personally am giving the presumption of innocence to all of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join