It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems support accused pedophile senator

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Grambler

Here's the sad part, it's New Jersey. If you remove him you're going to get someone as equally repugnant. Maybe not another kiddie perv but someone who you look at and say, 'They voted for this guy?'. Yup, we do, because our state politics are a mess.

Wait until Booker runs for President and you hear all the 'half rumors' about him.

I had hopes for booker when he was mayor. Obviously his bank account grew from that point on to the point he votes down generic drug bills for his employers.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

But in a motion Monday asking the judge to ignore the defense arguments, Justice Department lawyers say the hooker allegations "were not so easily disprovable as the defendants suggest."

Prosecutors used the defense claims to highlight previously undisclosed tidbits on Menendez's pursuit of younger woman.

The lawyers say their investigation resulted from "specific, corroborated allegations that defendants Menendez and Melgen had sex with underage prostitutes in the Dominican Republic."

Menendez’s camp said Monday that the Justice Department filing is a smear tactic designed to use the exchange of motions to dump dirt on the senator.

www.google.com...

So justice department lawyers under Obama thought the allegations of sex with undrragwrs was credible.

This was the standard given for why it was immoral to support Moore.

Yet suddenly credible allegations against a Democrat of pedophilia and we should delve deeper and he should be given a chance to defend himself.

Again, it's hypocritical.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
I had hopes for booker when he was mayor. Obviously his bank account grew from that point on to the point he votes down generic drug bills for his employers.

You must be a fellow Jerseyite.

There's sooooooo much more besides that.

link   

It's politics. They all have Ted haggard syndrome. Especially the ones billed as "outsiders"..

link   

There's nothing else that can be said to point out the blatant hypocrisy anymore.

At this point they are just defending the D in front of his name blindly.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not from Jersey but my wife worked in NYC for a10 years, and I noticed he was fairly practical as mayor. Which struck me as odd for new jersey politics.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

It's politics. They all have Ted haggard syndrome. Especially the ones billed as "outsiders"..

Of course, the republicans would use this same tactic of they could, I have no doubt.

I am just tired of the faux moral superiority from democrats that have for 5 years looked the other way in Menendez and the accusations of him being a pedophile, but want to judge people for doing the same thing with Moore.

Many in this very board.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
How can you condemn Clinton but excuse Trump?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

They do. Remember Newt during Clinton investigation.

I am so cynical I just assume they are the opposite of their facade.

Like Jeff sessions is having gay sex and smoking blunts in his spare time.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

The truth is that both sides care more about winning than any accusers getting justice.

Spot on, and that's why I don't support either side. A pox on all their houses!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
How can you condemn Clinton but excuse Trump?

Who is?

I said both should be given the presumtion of innocence.

How can many democrats call anyone immoral who didn't demand Moore step aside, but then refuse to demand Menendez step down?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

The truth is that both sides care more about winning than any accusers getting justice.

Spot on, and that's why I don't support either side. A pox on all their houses!

Well uonsostly even some independents would do this.

See Bernie Sanders in the video I posted.

Calling out Moore and teump, but he doesn't want to discuss Menendez.

Either way, the thing that aggravates me the most is accusing normal everyday voters of supporting vile stuff like pedophilia for not demanding Moore step down, when those very people won't demand Menendez step down for the same thing.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I think Moore is terrible for his actual beliefs and ideas about liberty for some.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I think Moore is terrible for his actual beliefs and ideas about liberty for some.

That's the way it should work.

I didn't care for either of the candidates running last night, though I will be cheering for Jones to do well.

My point is there is a danger to declaring someone guilty based on accusations, and as this thread shows, there is a hypocrisy to it.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

If you rewarch the Clinton, Bush senior debates and campaign you can see a real turning point.

H w didn't want to play the game and he lost (Ross didn't help either)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You left this first part out:

Three women who made the prostitution allegations later recanted and said they were paid to level the charges. Neither Melgen nor Menendez was charged with soliciting underage prostitutes.

And...

Menendez’s camp said Monday that the Justice Department filing is a smear tactic designed to use the exchange of motions to dump dirt on the senator.

“The filing today shows that the Department of Justice tried to make up for weak allegations about public corruption by soliciting allegations about sex,” said Menendez spokesman Steven Sandberg. “They continue that refrain now with new salacious allegations, again having nothing to do with the actual charges in the case.”

“There is not one interview, paper, email or grand jury witness—not a shred of any evidence—that says Senator Menendez was involved in any prostitution, let alone underage women,” Sandberg said. “Period. And the government knows it.”

Look, if he's guilty then great! Kick him out and arrest the bastard. If he's not, then let that come out as well.

It seems that this case is in the hands of the legal system already and neither you nor I have all the facts from these articles and it is so easy to cherry pick, right?? Your OP would be more accurate if Menendez was at the accusation-only phase and we could compare the original anonymous tip to Moore's credible accusers.

As for me, there were plenty of reasons Moore was unfit for the Senate. I didn't need underage molestation and assault accusations to see that. But given the current climate, they became relevant, especially with Franken stepping down.

Thw battle for the moral high-ground is always a slippery slope. What about Moore calling himself God's choice? We could do "whataboutism" (which is the entirety of your OP) all day!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The democrats have a leader in this issue of lack of moral leadership, Kirsten Gillibrand, 0 tolerance for sexual predators.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Of course Menendez is saying he is innocent.

The fact remains that justice department officials founf the accusations credible.

Saying that he should be allowed to defend himself, while denying Moore that same opportunity, is hypocritical.

The fact is that the dems are playing politics calling out franken and Moore the resign. They know that dems will be apointed to replace those seats.

But with Bob here, they know a Republican will be placed, and so they are willing to make excuses for the allegations of pedophilia.

Its that simple.

As far as moore, great you hated him for different reasons.

Then I am not criticizingd you.

I am calling out the people that felt it was immoral to not call for Moore to step down, but are willing to look the other way on Menendez.

Some on ats, some people like bernie, schumer, and gillibrand and many other dems.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Either way, the thing that aggravates me the most is accusing normal everyday voters of supporting vile stuff like pedophilia for not demanding Moore step down, when those very people won't demand Menendez step down for the same thing.

Yes, the hypocrisy is palpable. (sorry, I cant spell today and spell check doesnt kick in on this tablet).

But then again, considering that if what many of us think to be true IS true, probably 50% of these politicians have been vacationing courtesy of the "Lolita Express". They are horribly compromised which explains, to me at least, why the Clintons get away with their stuff. They got the dossiers complete with photos.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

The democrats have a leader in this issue of lack of moral leadership, Kirsten Gillibrand, 0 tolerance for sexual predators.

You mean that woman that was talking around with Bill Clinton during the campaign?

But as soon as he couldn't help her team, she was outraged by him.

Can you post me her demanding Menendez step down?

Strange, she only seems to call people out when it doesn't hurt her politically.

What a righteous person.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join