It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems support accused pedophile senator

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Moore lost. Jones won.

I hope jones does a great job for alabama and the country, I will be cheering for him.

I didnt particularly like him or moore, My commenting on the case was basically giving moore the presumption of innocence from the allegations he faced, something I did for Franken and Conyers too from the get go.

So I noticed that in this effort, I was routinely called a pedophile supporter, had the republicans called pedophile supporters, and was told how immoral a vote for moore would be because supporting someone accused of such a crime was so heinous it couldnt be done morally.

This was absurd to me.

But OK fine, lets play that game.

Supposedly, with the democrats calling out of conyers and Franken, they now have a moral high ground with refusing to support people accused of sexual crimes.

But its strange how it took them a while to do this.

Of particular interests is the fact that neither of these two resigning will cost the dems a seat, both will be replaced by democratic governors, and will remain democratic seats.

Now when it meant a dem of significance losing power, the story was different.

For example, the defense of Bill clinton while he was in office. Ok that was a long time ago.

How about cheering bill on as a campaigner for Hillary. Funny that Gillibrand who was happily taking pictures with Bill on the campaign suddenly changed her tune after the election and criticized Bill. So when he was helping the party, he was ok and the allegations were not worth looking at; now that he is no longer of help, he too should be shunned.

But maybe this alone isnt enough to show hypocrisy. maybe last year was different, and Bill wasnt in office, so it can be overlooked.

Enter New Jersey democratic senator Bob menendez.

Guess what Bob has been accused of?

Well in addition to all sorts of financial crimes, he is accused of sleeping with underage hookers!

Thats right, a pedophile!

Top Democratic leaders, so quick to call for the resignation of GOP candidates convicted in the court of public opinion, remain noncommittal about where they’ll stand if Menendez is convicted. Liberal media partisans are deliberately ignoring the story because they are incapacitated by Trump Derangement Syndrome. Women’s advocates looked the other way at Justice Department court filings on “specific, corroborated allegations that defendants Menendez and Melgen had sex with underage prostitutes in the Dominican Republic.” The collective silence on Sleaze-Bob — busy raising more than $6 million for his reelection campaign and legal-defense fund — roars louder than Melgen’s private-jet engines.

www.nationalreview.com...

And as all of the dems on the media, and as many on ATS have told us, they would never support a pedophile!

Only they have. They have refused to call for his resignation. These allegations have been around since 2012, and yet still they will not call for his resignation.

Even after all of the grandstanding on Roy Moore, they stilll will not call for Menendez's resignation, for the exact same crime of sleeping with underage girls.

Turn on the media tomorrow. I guarantee you will see some dems saying the GOP ought to be ashamed of their support of moore. yet not one of them has called out menendez.

And unlike with the moore saga, there was actually a trial of menendez, which was a mistrail, and may happen again. But for him, dems wanted the presumption of innocence. (Listen to schumer and others here)

So why the strong stance on Franken and cconyers, but not bob here?

Because if Bob loses his seat, Gov Christie would get to appoint a replacement, which would be a republican!

See, the moral preening only goes to the point where it would hurt the party.

Now do I think Menendez should resign; no. I think he should be given the presumption of innocence and be allowed to defend himself.

But the hypocrisy of the dems here is astounding.

The truth is that both sides care more about winning than any accusers getting justice.

And so before any democrat voter gets on their high horse about how Moore voters or the GOP defends pedophiles, they should look at their own house first.

edit on 13-12-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Give it time.
They've been working on it.
edit on 12/13/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
They've been working on it.
Give it time.

Oh I am sure the moment it will no longer cost them politically they will find their courage and sense of moral superiority and condemn him.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Are the Republicans' hands tied?

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Are the Republicans' hands tied?

Can the republicans force him to step down?

Are the republicans the ones that were saying that the republicans refusing to distance themselves from Moore, who was accused with having sex with minors, was immoral?

Nope, that is the democrats.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

No one, as far as I know, can.

Can they open an ethics investigation?

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

No one, as far as I know, can.

Can they open an ethics investigation?

Well there is a criminal trial going on.

But that is a moot point.

I am not claiming the republicans have a moral highground here.

I am claiming that they suck just like the dems, and both will use this stuff for political advantage as opposed to actually caring about the allegations.

So the fact that the dems refuse to call for him to step down means that their moral proselytizing about how the republicans are so bad for supporting moore is garbage, when they themselves are supporting an accused pedophile.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I am claiming that they suck just like the dems, and both will use this stuff for political advantage as opposed to actually caring about the allegations.

But the dems are worse. Of course.

Give it time. They've been working on it. Some harder than others.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

But the dems are worse. Of course.

Give it time. They've been working on it. Some harder than others.

Why does there need to be time?

If I am a dem, and I accuse republicans that didnt call for moore to step down because he was accused of having sex with children of being immoral, then I also am immoral if I dont call for the resignation of a dem that has been accused of haaving sex with children.

Waiting for time until the next election is not necessary, it is political gamesmanship that would prove I really am not taking a moral stance, just a political one.

But go on, show me the dems that are working on thiss.

Why has it taken them so long but they could come out giant franken and conyers?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Honestly you're pushing too hard to make your point, which you've done just fine.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Honestly you're pushing too hard to make your point, which you've done just fine.

I like seeing myself type.

But yeah, I did do a pretty good job of pointing out the hypocrisy, didnt i?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Has a Republican-Friendly lawyer brought out the accuser(s) before the press recently? The TIME IS RIPE.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The accuser is the DOJ.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

The accuser is the DOJ.

Yeah, we dont care about underage foreign girls, only white ones right?

Sure the doj brought the case, but he is accused of sleeping with underage hookers in a foriegn country.

Not saying for you, but it seems that this just isnt a juicy as a white girl being preyed upon for some people.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Speak for yourself.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

The accuser is the DOJ.

You mean Jeff Session's DOJ? That's too bad. Menendez will remain as free as bird then.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

You mean Jeff Session's DOJ?

No.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

You mean Jeff Session's DOJ?

No.

I see. In other words, Menendez is innocent, since he hasn't been proven guilty. That's the way all U.S. citizens should be treated.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

But, but, but...Bill Clinton!

Check your calendar and move forward.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
If Clinton goes down for his Epstein links, then Trump should go down for his Epstein links too.

Which is right and proper. Anybody proven to have Epstein links should go to jail.

I find it very interesting Trump has never pulled the trigger on the Clinton Epstein thing, it's exactly the sort of thing you'd expect him to be talking about all the time. . It's almost like he knows how easily it could blowback onto himself.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join