It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's secret "Extraordinary Rendition" torture program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
In the Feb 8, 2005 edition of "The New Yorker" Jane Mayer wrote an article entitled "Outsourcing Torture" about a Canadian citizen who was arrested in a US airport because his name popped up on a list of possible terrorist suspects. He was then flown to numerous places ending up in Syria where he was tortured.

www.commondreams.org...

Anyone have any information or opinions on this "Extraordinary Rendition" program?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Interesting....wanting to read into it, i clicked on the link. Doesnt work dude

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
torture em all and let god sort them out.

if what is claimed in this article is true then little if anything seperates the americans doing this "rendition" stuff from the vile bastards in iraq who tortured their fellow iraqi political prisoners.

think of it: torturing people who are NOT terrorists into confessing they ARE terrorists just so that we have an excuse to imprison them.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm old enough to remember 5 cent sodapop. And I think I remember someone back then saying,

"The end does not justify the means".

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If you're interested in the topic of extraordinary rendition, check out this thread. It discusses the Arar case.

Bill Clinton gave these powers to the CIA.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

This is an interesting article on the earlier forms of rendition. I'm not familiar with the author however, so I can't say how accurate it is, but it's an intersting read.

www.markarkleiman.com...

new topics

top topics

join