It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prediction Doug Jones.....forced to resign....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's actually the opposite. The whole point in political parties is to get enough politicians together to pass anything in the first place. Otherwise, we'd have 100 Senators freelancing it, with none having enough votes needed to get anything passed. And it would be even worse in the House of Representatives, with 435 Representatives freelancing while trying to get something done before their 2 year terms are finished.

Without official parties, politicians would still pledge loyalty to specific issues & come together in congressional mini-alliances called caucuses (like these). But the difference in this approach is that voters have no say whatsoever which caucuses politicians join or what loyalty pledges they take once they're in office.

So we'd basically have 535 separate popularity contests elections for Congress, then those elected politicians would still come together in politically motivated alliances in order to vote as a block that improves their chances to get legislation passed. National political parties are simply a more efficient and successful way to do this.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It was a wining a state that hadn’t had a democrat in 2 decades.. longer right 25 years....

That’s not a close win..

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe Oh for heavens sake man give it up already. The right is done. You will have no 2020 victory. Nothing the right wants even gets done anyways unless by EO. Now you act just like what you bitched about. Grow up, by 2020 the " snowflakes" mills will be 2/3 of the voting power. What say you then?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox 45 years actually

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I heard 1992 I think.. could be wrong though..

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I'd make the oppist prediction. The Alabama race was a costly one for Congress now that it's over the lip service will die down so that no other Congressmen has to worry about their skeletons coming out of the closet.

That's the big loss in tonight's outcome. Had Moore won it would have kept the spotlight on Congress. Now that he lost they can all go hid in the dark again as life gets back to normal.

I think it's just the opposite. It's telling. Some of them aware of their own repulsive histories might be shaking in their shoes *cough* trump *cough*

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

The last Democratic Senator from Alabama won election in 1992, 25 years ago. It was Richard Shelby, and he changed his party affiliation to Republican during that term. Howell Heflin, also a Democrat, won his last election in 1990.

I still remember Heflin giving a speech to Congress on the then-proposed ban on 30-round magazines. I remember his words: "Well, Ah don't know anybody in mah state that hunts with one of these magazines," said while I was looking at my Mini-14 rifle with a 30-round clip that I hunted with.

He was an idiot.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1   >>

join