It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prediction Doug Jones.....forced to resign....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
In the near future Doug Jones will be forced to resign for some misdeed.

Yes....this is simply a prediction. I am fine with the loss that occurred tonight. The numbers were close enough that it wasn't any spectacular win, but a win nonetheless.

I have absolutely nothing to back this up other than a gut feeling from watching him and listening to him.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Enough money and a willing stripper in Alabama???? The skies the limit! But other than that, nah, like I said in another thread, he claimed to be strong supporter on the 2nd. Now that he won, watch him flip on it! Any takers?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Enough money and a willing stripper in Alabama???? The skies the limit! But other than that, nah, like I said in another thread, he claimed to be strong supporter on the 2nd. Now that he won, watch him flip on it! Any takers?

Of course he flips...nobody the dems tout as change could possibly support the 2nd...

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The democrats victory is nothing to be proud of,and IF Alabama is so red as they claim.

Jones won't be there for long.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Jones is moderate.

They might let him alone.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'd make the oppist prediction. The Alabama race was a costly one for Congress now that it's over the lip service will die down so that no other Congressmen has to worry about their skeletons coming out of the closet.

That's the big loss in tonight's outcome. Had Moore won it would have kept the spotlight on Congress. Now that he lost they can all go hid in the dark again as life gets back to normal.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I predict that once that secret settlement list is exposed...MANY will be forced to resign.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I predict that once that secret settlement list is exposed...MANY will be forced to resign.

They needed to get somebody in before that list becomes public....

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
And from both sides.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I see no reason jones will have to resign at all.

I hope he does well for his constituents.

If he does, perhaps he wins again in two years.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The numbers were close, but to say this wasn't a spectacular win just isn't honest. This is Alabama. Republicans should have walked away with this seat.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I'd make the oppist prediction. The Alabama race was a costly one for Congress now that it's over the lip service will die down so that no other Congressmen has to worry about their skeletons coming out of the closet.

That's the big loss in tonight's outcome. Had Moore won it would have kept the spotlight on Congress. Now that he lost they can all go hid in the dark again as life gets back to normal.

Maybe, maybe not. People are already calling for Franken to not quit after this win for the DEMs. Rumors of a major news group doing a massive investigation into multiple members of congress have not died. Trump accusers are getting the spotlight again. Entertainment Industry is still being rocked. Things maybe quieter due to the special election is over but I doubt things go back to normal.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

The numbers were close, but to say this wasn't a spectacular win just isn't honest. This is Alabama. Republicans should have walked away with this seat.

What? Maybe in ANY other year. But the Dems put a LOT of money on this and the media gave Jones EVERYTHING THEY HAD to support him, including giving air time to fake accusations.

FAKE!

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Maybe, maybe not. People are already calling for Franken to not quit after this win for the DEMs. Rumors of a major news group doing a massive investigation into multiple members of congress have not died. Trump accusers are getting the spotlight again. Entertainment Industry is still being rocked. Things maybe quieter due to the special election is over but I doubt things go back to normal.

Franken not quitting would be all the proof that the spot light is gone. He's probably kicking himself right now for giving into the peer pressure from his "use to be" friends.

As for Trump, it's a losing angle for Congressional Democrats at this time. Trump would never step down so to push it only would expose more congressional democrats to suffer what happens to Franken and Conerys. They have nothing to gain and something to loos. That's why they all piled on to Franken yet only three or so have been repushing the Trump cases ... The rest don't want it, they only pushed Franken cause they thought it would win them Alabama.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
In the near future Doug Jones will be forced to resign for some misdeed.

Yes....this is simply a prediction. I am fine with the loss that occurred tonight. The numbers were close enough that it wasn't any spectacular win, but a win nonetheless.

I have absolutely nothing to back this up other than a gut feeling from watching him and listening to him.

If I were you, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for it to happen, because I think you’re just experiencing some wishful thinking.

About that feeling in your gut.......I’d get that checked out. I had a feeling like that last year and I ended up in surgery. Just saying.
edit on 12-12-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Let's not hope he does well and actually helps the people he's representing or anything, he's a Democrat! Hopefully he sucks and is forced to resign for any reason possible.

My prediction is that he's a politician and will go where the money is just like pretty much every other politician in existence.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

A voice of reason! I like that answer Gambler, but knowing a Democrat he'll probably be like every other politician and go where his donors lead him.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

To put it in perspective, Jeff Sessions won this exact same seat in 2014 with 97.3% of the vote. The seat was so safely Republican that Democrats didn't even bother running someone against him.

This also drops the Senate from a 52-48 Republican majority to an even slimmer 51-49 Republican majority (2 of the non-Repubs are independents who vote with the Democrats). To put that in perspective, Vice Prez Pence has already had to vote for tiebreaks in the Senate 6 times, which ties him for the 15th most tiebreaker votes out of all Vice Presidents. For those who don't know, Vice Presidents have the power to cast the tiebreaking vote anytime the Senate vote comes up tied.

So yeah, this is a pretty big deal.

edit on 12-12-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I think it just shows how broken our political system is, that we need a majority party to get anything passed. Politicians voting partisan is what is wrong with the government for the most part.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Jones isn't even very "liberal" of a Democrat.

I think it all comes down to the abortion issue for most voters, even more so than the 2nd amendment issue. The abortion issue keeps a TON of people from voting for Democrats.

This is why abortion will NEVER be made illegal by the GOP or Republicans. They can't afford to make abortion illegal, it takes away a huge wedge issue that captures votes for themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join