It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can't upload pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
running into a little issue uploading pics... it shows the pic is uploading but when it finishes, the pic doesn't appear in my library. is this happening to anyone else? what should i do?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Don't worry, no one can, save a few, and then only every now and then.

ATS is the most difficult website on the Internut to upload pictures to! They don't want you to upload pictures here, and that's pretty obvious.

Watch, this thread will be deleted...as usual.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The image size is too large. Reduce the size and upload it again. I believe the maximum size is 2 MB, but I'm not 100% positive.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Don't worry, no one can, save a few, and then only every now and then.

ATS is the most difficult website on the Internut to upload pictures to! They don't want you to upload pictures here, and that's pretty obvious.

Watch, this thread will be deleted...as usual.

Oooar!

It's the pesky jpeg saving as jpg or jpg saving as jpeg prognosis possibly also the file size being over 300k? I think? I know if it's too big it will upload but disappear.
Same with the jpg/jpeg issue. some websites for some reason save weird for me. I just put it down to me.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Usually with the jpeg vs jpg, it pops up a box that only image files are supported. At least it does for me.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The image size is too large. Reduce the size and upload it again. I believe the maximum size is 2 MB, but I'm not 100% positive.

2MB ! but we're still not sure !!

So between 300k and 2MB. somewhere in there should sort it. or click the buttony thing till the motor stops spinning and kick her in the guts again, see if that does the trick.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Usually with the jpeg vs jpg, it pops up a box that only image files are supported. At least it does for me.

Ahh.. I remember someone mentioned it, knew it had an error, I think it disappeared quickly iirc. Thought that was related. Not so !!

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

making it smaller worked, thank you. i didn't realize, because the last pics i'd taken must have been just under the threshold.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

It's closer to 2 MB for straight images. Avatars and backgrounds are smaller.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I thought it was 1mb. I usually have to reduce the size of gifs & pix to less than 1mb before uploading them. ETA: Then again, I don't remember trying one that's larger than 1mb but smaller than 2mb.
edit on 12-12-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hmmm..

N/M
Op got it
edit on 12-12-2017 by Bigburgh because: Eggnogs a Boomsticks 😁

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Zaphod58

I thought it was 1mb. I usually have to reduce the size of gifs & pix to less than 1mb before uploading them. ETA: Then again, I don't remember trying one that's larger than 1mb but smaller than 2mb.

300kb 1MB 2MB -- everyone's a winner, roll up roll up.

Easy to test, upload one you know works. Or shrink this one down. Lots of good online things to test different output formats.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join