It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wrote the book of Revelation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Huh?

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: ChesterJohn

So take your 2tim and stuff it somewhere where it can never be read

Telling someone to "Stuff It" is definitely not Jesus Like wouldn't you agree?

Nah, he would call you a fool instead and a brood of vipers and whipped you off the premises.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Haha. It's common knowledge for heavens' sakes. A fool can ask more than 10 wise men can answer. Do your primaries yourself, I am not your teacher. I'd rather ask you where on Earth you got the idea that Luke was a disciple of Jesus? Saulus says Luke was a physician, and Luke was a slave of Saulus together with Peter, John and the others. Saulus was never martyred, he either fled to Spain as soon as he had handed over his Christian slaves to Rome, or he was killed by Christians hiding in the catacombs of Rome.

For something that is apparently common knowledge, there relatively few who hold to these views.
I take it you believe you have higher wisdom hidden from the many, a gnosticism for the enlightened only?
Anybody who chooses to follow Jesus and His narrow path to the kingdom of heaven is a disciple, be that Luke, Theophilus myself or any other.
You declare Luke, Peter and John as slaves of Saulus without offering a shred of evidence.
Feel free to share your common knowledge with us less enlightened ones.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: [post22950073]Elcabong[/post]

They are Greekified/Hebrewnized English words. In the English Bibles that contain them it is only Names they Greekify/Hebrewnize but none of the rest of the Bible are treated with such disrespect. It is doctrine of men to draw followers after themselves rather than God in the flesh, Jesus Christ. Otherwise the word Jailor in Acts 16:23 would read Yailor, and every instance of the word Jews would read Yews, and so forth with every word beginning with "J".

The truth be known in English YHWH is JHVH/JEHOVAH, Yeshua is is Jesus in English, and Yehohanan is John in English. The names in English are pure words of God, tried seven times, are the English TRANSLITERATIONS of the original Greek copies.

If these Greekified/Hebrewnized English words were true to transliteration of the whole name and words into.

Somones name is Juan, you call them Juan.. Out of respect if nothing more. You dont convert it to greek, then convert that to german, then convert that to English, then top it off with your own dialect, completing the transformation of the word into a curse or a spell in the language you originally translated it from. JahHovah, for example, My God is Destruction. I'm sure YUOIEA loves hearing those prayers. And JahZues? Same deal. You go from rolling Gods eyes to pissing him off when your new word is an offensive statement in his language.

How do you say "quack" in Hebrew? You can't translate it. Ducks don't quack in Hebrew. Language is primarily spoken. The spoken is what is important.

All this talk about the Word of God.. Its not a written word. Written words are not the origin of spoken word. Voice is very important in Judaism. No one expects you to learn a language to learn somones name.

edit on 15-1-2018 by AdKiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AdKiller

transliterate name Jaun sir?

Oh Let me, it is transliterated not translated form Spanish as John. as Joaquin is Jack, Jesus (Hesus) from Spanish is Jesus just pronounced silent J, Antonio of which the Spanish Transliterated from the Greek which n English is Anthony.

You obviously don't know the difference between translation and transliteration, I see by your reply.

You don't speak pre-roman Hebrew either.

so trust in a God who promises to preserve his words to every generation forever.

edit on 16-1-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join