It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moore v Jones

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Less than 1/4th of the Alabama population voted. That's sad. Can the winner say that he was elected to carry out "the will of the people of Alabama"?

No doubt a good chunk of the 76% who didn't vote will have the nerve to complain about Jones's decisions as Senator.

BTW... Did JEFF SESSIONS show up to help Moore campaign for his old Senate seat, at all?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Yeah, well. Babies can't vote.

The turnout was actually 40% of registered voters. For a special election, that's high.

Did JEFF SESSIONS show up to help Moore campaign for his old Senate seat, at all?
That would be illegal.

edit on 12/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Yeah, well. Babies can't vote.

The turnout was actually 40% of registered voters. For a special election, that's high.

Did JEFF SESSIONS show up to help Moore campaign for his old Senate seat, at all?
That would be illegal.

Oh...40%? Thanks. The earlier poster who said 24% was incorrect. I guess for apathetic America voters, that is a pretty good turnout.

Also thanks for letting me know why A.G. Jeff Sessions could NOT help Roy Moore on the campaign trail. I was beginning to think that Jeff Sessions was 100% Democrat underneath his Republican costume, instead of 80%.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Fair deuce.

A creep, a pervert, a pedophile or just a generally immoral person?

Why even have him run?

How is Jones an abortion activist? Is he actively going around promoting abortion? Does this include healthy and otherwise wanted babies? Does he preach pro-choice? Does he consider protection useless because you can just abort?

Just a few questions, I could ask more but I feel I've covered a few bases, even added a bit extremism because "politics".

Let's not get into the debate about abortion though, I could easily bring up the issue of suicide and cases where a person will suffer and/or die from what they are inflicted with.

I'm asking why his stance on abortion is so wrong, how is he an abortion activist?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
WTH? Moore isn't conceding?

This is not wise methinks.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I haven't been following the results tonight. Why do you feel he isn't conceding? Some rural counties haven't been counted yet?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Jones is ahead by 20k votes. Or 1.5% How many votes do you think are still out there?

ETA: All reported according to this:
www.nytimes.com...
edit on 13-12-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

It's not a good thing. It won't help things but Moore doesn't have a Political career after this. Politicians don't seem to take losing well as we have seen.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I didnt say I voted on abortion, I said that is what some people think.

Just like many gay people claimed Trump was a homophobe despite not really doing anything to show that.

Many voters feel anyone who is pro choice must be rejected.

Moore won because it was a backlash against McConnels perceived establishment pick of luther strange.

Its that simple. The accusations didnt come out about moore until after the primary, conveniently when Moore was locked in as the caniddate.

Does that mean the accusations are false; no.

But he maybe would have lost the primary had they been out a month before it lke they were in the general, and that would have all but assured the dems would have lost.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I haven't been following the results tonight. Why do you feel he isn't conceding? Some rural counties haven't been counted yet?

No he is denying reality. There isn't a path for him to win. even if all military people overseas all voted and voted for him, he'd still lose by 11,000 votes.
edit on 13-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I know, right. Who does he think he is, HRC!?

Sorry, couldn't resist. There is no class in losing then claiming to not lose. I suppose if he has some good intelligence about voter fraud etc then maybe. I don't believe this is the case.

There is cause for a re-count if there is a margin within .5 of a point but in this case, it is 1.5.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

No he is denying reality

Not the first time.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

No he is denying reality

Not the first time.

Not the first Politician to do so either.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

No he is denying reality. There isn't a path for him to win. even if all military people overseas all voted and voted for him, he'd still lose by 11,000 votes.

It might be a good idea for the women who sunk Roy Moore's campaign to leave the country.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Why?
Are they in danger of their lives from God fearing Republicans?

edit on 12/13/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Really?

Maybe Roy Moore sunk Roy Moore..ponder it.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Why?
Are they in danger of their lives from God fearing Republicans?

YES. Do people really FEAR God in this day and age?

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I don't know. I'm not a Christian.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Really?

Maybe Roy Moore sunk Roy Moore..ponder it.

Maybe he did in 1979. But we know what happened in 2017.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

It might be a good idea for the women who sunk Roy Moore's campaign to leave the country.

I'm sure they will fade into the background, as usual. They went to the media instead of actually filing any sort of lawsuit, so if I was Moore I would consider sueing them for defamation.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join