It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moore v Jones

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: FredT

Indeed. Most polls put it as a toss-up. Except Fox, who gave Jones +10.

Again it's weird how badly polls got this. Another lesson to be learned. Polls are crap for the most part.

NYT however, continues their run of spot on actual election prediction in real time once the polls close. They are crazy accurate with it. They know their stuff.
edit on 12-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

People did accuse votes of being changed.
Yeah. I heard about that, from Republican votes to Democrat votes.

Dems said refusing to accept the election results would hurt the system, then they proceeded to not accept the results.
More that they didn't accept the president.

edit on 12/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Fair enough. I don't think it's reasonable to refer to a whole state as "trash" except for Mississippi (kidding). I'm a bleeding heart who believes that most people are inherently good even if they've come to believe horribly f'd up things.

That said, I don't feel bad about pointing out that Alabama has a historical proclivity for electing people much like Roy Moore. I hope that Doug Jones does a good job for his constituents and for the country and that maybe in doing so, Alabamians in the future will be more open to electing a guy who isn't a wingnut.

I wouldn't worry too much about a little election night trash talk though, have you heard what people around here say about California?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

That was a significant and surprising outlier. I was wondering if maybe Fox wasn't trying to scare the base to get out the vote.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Again it weird how badly polls got this.

Actually, on average, they were dead on, thanks to Fox.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It's all Steve Bannon's fault!

The GOP doesn't appear to be blaming voter fraud or low-turnout but Steve Bannon.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Well I'm sure you'll throw water on all those voter fraud threads too.

link   
a reply to: links234
What a surprise. He hates them and they hate him.

I don't think Alabama likes him very much either.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Fair enough. I don't think it's reasonable to refer to a whole state as "trash" except for Mississippi (kidding). I'm a bleeding heart who believes that most people are inherently good even if they've come to believe horribly f'd up things.

That said, I don't feel bad about pointing out that Alabama has a historical proclivity for electing people much like Roy Moore. I hope that Doug Jones does a good job for his constituents and for the country and that maybe in doing so, Alabamians in the future will be more open to electing a guy who isn't a wingnut.

I wouldn't worry too much about a little election night trash talk though, have you heard what people around here say about California?

Im not worried at all, I enjoy the conversation.

I have had people all but say I should be killed for being a nazi supporter (I was called a pedophile supporter this thread, not sure if thats a step up or not) and still hold conversations with that person.

Hey people are heated, no problem by me. I am just pointing out things, thats all.

I hope Jones does great, I dont care what party he is from. I want alabama and this whole country to do great, and if jones is a person who can help do that, so be it.

link   
The margin has to be about 6,500 votes in Alabama to trigger an automatic recount.

Someone needs to tell Moore that "no" means "no".

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

You voted for Bush Jr and Obama TWICE?????

Props to ya for having the ballz to admit it!

LOL I always vote for who matches the issues that are most important to me and who is best fit to lead IMHO. Hey I voted for Perot too.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

That was a significant and surprising outlier. I was wondering if maybe Fox wasn't trying to scare the base to get out the vote.

I thought that a possibility too. Obviously, it failed miserably if that were true.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Looks like as of right now the margin is 2%. If that holds, no automatic recount for Roy Moore. Time for him to ride off awkwardly on his horse named Sassy.

link   
a reply to: Kettu

Someone needs to tell Moore that "no" means "no".

Too soon, Kettu, too soon...

Or is it? Do we go by accusation time or the 40yr mark?

Hmmm.

link   

Well I'm sure you'll throw water on all those voter fraud threads too.

Eh I have on some.

I think that all accusations of voter fraud or suppression should be taken seriously.

I also think the idea that voter id is racist is absurd. (Is it racist in Canada?)

I made threads a long time ago about how diebold machines possibly cost democrats elections in Ohio in the mid 2000's,; i still believe that.

But its funny how both sides will claim voting fraud or suppression if their side loses, but laugh at the other side doing it.

Hell I am guilty of this too.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Looks like as of right now the margin is 2%. If that holds, no automatic recount for Roy Moore. Time for him to ride off awkwardly on his horse named Sassy.

Unfortunately, he doesnt seem the type.

I cant believe I am saying this, but he should take a cue from trumps tweet tonight, congratulate Jones and wish him well, and be on his merry way.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I also think the idea that voter id is racist is absurd. (Is it racist in Canada?)

More likely class warfare than racism...
But also still likely to disproportionately affect minority communities overall.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Again it weird how badly polls got this.

Actually, on average, they were dead on, thanks to Fox.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Not really they had Moore +2.2.

The last two polls were crazy +10 for Jones and a +9 for Moore. Both of them were way off unless you averaged them. Either faulty or biased polling take your pick.

They can't seem to predict turnout right IMO. Original estimates were 25% of people, it ended up being over 50%. That's a huge difference. They can't seem to gauge the willpower of those who will actually go out and vote.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

More likely class warfare than racism...
But also still likely to disproportionately affect minority communities overall.
Its for another thread, but I disagree.

Having to prove you are you you are to vote is taken for granted in almost all countries except the US.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Margin of error.
2.2 = too close to call by polling.

They can't seem to gauge the willpower of those who will actually go out and vote.
Polls are not predictive. The most recent is two days old.

edit on 12/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join