It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my employer gave out sweet ass gifts today!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Employers who give gifts and bonuses at Christmas time show how much they appreciate their employees and the hard work they do. A small gift or bonus goes a long way to boost morale, and it helps create employee loyalty to the company. Without all the hard work by people who represent, sell or produce a company's products, no business will become successful.

Anyone know if the multi-billionaire Walton's give their employees any appreciation or recognition during Christmas? They can certainly afford it.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Employers who give gifts and bonuses at Christmas time show how much they appreciate their employees and the hard work they do. A small gift or bonus goes a long way to boost morale, and it helps create employee loyalty to the company. Without all the hard work by people who represent, sell or produce a company's products, no business will become successful.

Anyone know if the multi-billionaire Walton's give their employees any appreciation or recognition during Christmas? They can certainly afford it.

no #?
i'll pass that on to everyone tomorrow

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Over the years I have gotten between $1500 and $2000. There was a year we got front row Jeff Dunham tickets. A couple years ago it was a 20ft car hauler. Last year they gave me their old Sea Doo Sportster twin rotax boat. I am not sure about this year.

Can any one tell I do not work for corporate? LOL
edit on 12-12-2017 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
My company used to give us a Christmas party, the last one was 3 years ago.

Last year instead of a Christmas party corporate sponsored a marathon in Chicago and said they'd pay the entrance fee for anyone that wanted to run in it.

WTF?

Nobody from my location wanted to drive 10 hrs to run in a marathon, much less people from locations as far away as Florida.

About 2 weeks ago they cut off all sales and performance incentives. Right after telling us how numbers were up.

The company is making money hand over fist and basically just giving a big F you to all the employees.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

My boss is a jerk.
I don't get #.
But then again I'm the boss.

My wife gets a bonus and a nice Christmas party with prizes.
No open bar though but that's prolly for the best.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I got a Porsche.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I got a Porsche.

What color is the Porsche?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
My company has a really nice, cocktail attire catered soiree for Christmas every year.

We never go although I hear it's actually very nice, but they always hold it on a Friday night which would involve husband commuting home for an hour, both of us dressing up, finding babysitting, then driving back into downtown against more rush hour traffic in order to attend. Plus, the seating always mixes between departments so you never get to sit with people you actually know from work.

It's perfect if you're an extroverted party type, but I am not.

I will have to make an effort next year I suppose because I will be getting my 10-year service award, typically an etched crystal paperweight large enough to brain a home invader.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
My husband's employer gives out a nice Christmas bonus first check of the month to everyone, then they get a catered lunch twice throughout the month. The first one was pretty envious in the company email my husband shared with me -- spring salad, English-style beef roast (and vegetarian options for those so inclined) gravies, mashed potatoes, various steamed veggies, a wide variety of dairy-containing desserts my dairy-allergic better half can't eat (poor sap, all that cheesecake...) The one for the few days before Christmas is going to be announced later this week, ogling the catering menu should be interesting. Last year's meat main was roast goose o.O

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm so disappointed. I thought you meant your employer literally gave out gifts of ass, sweet ass, for Christmas! Sorry, hyper-literal here.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

Ya know, I always thought your avatar just had something wrong with her nose...like it had been broken before or something.

I just now realized it's smoke!

Cool story, huh?

Oh... the OP.. yeah we had a Christmas (er. Holiday) party. But I didn't go.

I work remotely, but a co-worker that still works in the office said someone (don't believe they worked for our company - we share our building with several other companies) died of a heart attack while working out in the weight room today.

Sad story, huh?

Yeah his avatar is a crazy south african singer and band. They have insane shows. Die antwood.
edit on 12-12-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
We get something each year, and it's really nice, not from the company though (cheap bastages), actually from the client! Quality stuff.

My best memory though is many years ago I worked for a big construction company who put on a big-time holiday bash! Open bar liquor and the whole nine yards. They rented this 18 hole golf course and the shindig went on all day. It started with a golf tournament, then a pig roast then a major party with music and the whole thing. Me and another guy got the party started early. They had beer kegs staged about every 3 holes. We got to about the 6th hole and said "screw this" and tossed the clubs and stole the keg (tied it to the back of the cart where the clubs went). Drank about half the keg and then went around tormenting other 'gaffers' by spinning donuts in the fairways, running over people's balls and generally being crazy.

Well, it seemed our idea caught on by about 2pm and there were several others marauding around in golf carts with stolen kegs. Eventually the carts ran out of juice (or got crashed in a creek) so then we had to hide in the bushes and steal carts while guys were on the tee's. It was a riot! They picked up golf carts all over town the next morning, many of them at the bar in town (ummm, ours "might" have been one of them). The golf course thought it was a riot too, even made the news.

Heck, I woke up on the couch in some gal's house, and I had no idea who she was even, and there were 4-5 people still partying! Nobody does Christmas parties like that anymore! (Thank Gawd!)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
We get something each year, and it's really nice, not from the company though (cheap bastages), actually from the client! Quality stuff.

My best memory though is many years ago I worked for a big construction company who put on a big-time holiday bash! Open bar liquor and the whole nine yards. They rented this 18 hole golf course and the shindig went on all day. It started with a golf tournament, then a pig roast then a major party with music and the whole thing. Me and another guy got the party started early. They had beer kegs staged about every 3 holes. We got to about the 6th hole and said "screw this" and tossed the clubs and stole the keg (tied it to the back of the cart where the clubs went). Drank about half the keg and then went around tormenting other 'gaffers' by spinning donuts in the fairways, running over people's balls and generally being crazy.

Well, it seemed our idea caught on by about 2pm and there were several others marauding around in golf carts with stolen kegs. Eventually the carts ran out of juice (or got crashed in a creek) so then we had to hide in the bushes and steal carts while guys were on the tee's. It was a riot! They picked up golf carts all over town the next morning, many of them at the bar in town (ummm, ours "might" have been one of them). The golf course thought it was a riot too, even made the news.

Heck, I woke up on the couch in some gal's house, and I had no idea who she was even, and there were 4-5 people still partying! Nobody does Christmas parties like that anymore! (Thank Gawd!)

Yeah right ... I’m sure the golfclub thought it was a big riot too 🙄. You sound like a reckless teenager ... and I’m sure your “ antics” didn’t impress the company much.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Years ago the company I worked for did secret santa and a party for every employees. One particular year my gift was a bag of weed wrapped into a year and a half old fishing magazine. I dont fish and I dont smoke weed. About two hours into the party, the guy who gave me this came to me and asked it back saying he ran out but he will give it to me back next week...I just let him have it.

Best...Xmas party...ever...

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
What color is the Porsche?

Fast.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I think I actually was a reckless 'teen' at the time, frankly. (maybe very early 20's). Besides, iron-workers will get kinda' crazy from time to time.

...as for the golf course, I don't know, they didn't seem to mind having the company back in following years. Despite the sound of it, no real damage was done.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Sounds like a fun time.
The company where I work does a little ornament exchange covered dish deal every year which I avoid if able. They also do an admin breakfast at the local cracker barrel which I routinely schedule a class for early on that day. The board of directors DID vote to allow our 'longevity' bonus again this year which after taxes I promptly sent on to the hospital in Oak Ridge which I am sure they were happy to receive.
Pay it forward and all that jazz ha!

P.S. The annual Christmas program put on at the local theater by the folks that we support I ALWAYS attend and it is the most fun ever! No matter what battles they face or struggles they are working through, they seem to have that sparkle in their eyes entertaining the crowd and for that brief few hours the magic of Christmas exists.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
( the job i had .
1500 $ a case of coke ( a vist to my house and each kid got a couple bucks )
I was not special This guys treated over 300 people this way inviting the whole work crew over his multi million dollar country home for parts BBQs and what not .

Honest as the day is long never had to ask for raises encouraged people to move up .
He has finly retired at almost 80 To this day I stand for him .
On the other hand do him wrong suffer the for it He would not pull punches ether .
One of the best Business men I have ever known

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I had one great party in all the years I worked and we kicked in 10 and had an open bar. We mingled and had a great time but ice on the roads made the drive home treacherous. Working for USPS in a distribution center meant working all the holidays and til midnight one Christmas Eve. A couple of parties but we had to pay up for them and the union kicked in. Then back to the mail. Enjoy what you did get if you got it. My best,

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Fast.

That's not how you spell invisible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join