It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nunes Says Congressional Investigators Will Go To DoJ Thursday To Get Documents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This seems like pretty big news. According to reporter chad pergram congress is sending investigators to the DoJ to retrieve documents (forcibly, if i'm reading this right) that the house has been stonewalled on. He also said he will subpoena McCabe who has blown off the intel committee.

This is great news. Congress is finally performing their duty of being a check on the intelligence community. Combine this with the news that the pentagon will have it's first ever audit and we are entering territory we've long wished for at ATS.

Here's a link to the tweet Twitter and the full text for those who don't like to go to twitter:

Intel Cmte chair Nunes says Hse Intel Cmte will send investigators to DoJ Thursday to do a “scrub” of documents they have pursued since winter.
Nunes says if McCabe doesn't appear next Tuesd, he will move to subpoena him..or potentially hold McCabe in contempt of Congress.

edit on 12-12-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Woah! It's weird to see congress do their jobs.

There are too many executive agencies that get away with entirely too much.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

On Thursday, but before, we must let everyone know so that they have enough time to shred documents and destroy hard drives. The show goes on.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: HanSolo31

My thoughts:
1) They're trying to get the doj to release the documents without forcibly retrieving them.
2) Why wouldn't they have destroyed the documents already if they were that damning?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Maybe they're being given rope with which to hang themselves?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Nunes clearly isn't #ing around.

Seeing Congress behaving like they have a set is lost on me.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Maybe they're being given rope with which to hang themselves?

That already happened. They're just going to collect the bodies.... Or the rope, or both.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

My thoughts:
1) They're trying to get the doj to release the documents without forcibly retrieving them.
2) Why wouldn't they have destroyed the documents already if they were that damning?

Maybe only the CIA does that?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Name checks out lol

I would agree with this, but I'm just not sure how you hang yourself performing your constitutional duties.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Nunes on the HIC has access to resources.

If he has information for which he is seeking verification in the documents being requested and the DOJ destroys or otherwise alters said information, DOJ only turns up the heat on themselves in this manner.

His telling them he is coming is giving the DOJ a chance to further tighten the noose. After all, you don't telegraph your moves unless it's too late to have anything done to counteract them.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

My thoughts:

1) They have been trying for a while supposedly, why not just go and get them if they exist?
2) Exactly, they would have destroyed it already.

My thoughts:
only 1 ) This is all a big show to keep us occupied, divided, and chasing wind.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

After all, you don't telegraph your moves unless it's too late to have anything done to counteract them.

Or you're an idiot.

I can't say I have the most confidence in our congress critters not being idiots.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
how do we get this to happen on a state level?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Congress really needs to lift Jeff Sessions' recusal now that all parties involved have accepted the fact that the Russia collusion narrative was Chines whispers and allow the man to actually do his job. If they did so, there'd be no reason to "forcibly" retrieve documents because the departments would actually have someone in a strong leadership role of authority ensuring things operated as intended.

McCabe needs to be fired and, while they're at it, Mueller's entire team needs to be scrapped for obvious conflicts of interest and malfeasance.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

This is great news

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Agreed, but does he really need congress to do it? As far as I knew, recusal was an informal and non-binding act that the AG could revoke at any point.

I could be mistaken on this though. But if this is the case, he should do so immediately and fire Mueller/his team. The "optics" be damned - after all, they didn't matter when Lynch secretly met with suspect Clinton's husband during her criminal investigation of Hillary Clinton. The anti-Trumpers will be hysterically outraged no matter what they do, so might as well do what is right
edit on 12/12/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

You know, the tarmac meeting comment is a good one.

Obviously we don't want to be like the deep state crooks, but it would be pretty funny if he fired mueller and said he'd take the recommendation of wray, then have wray come out and say "nothing here" and watch them squirm.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

So who is covering up for Hillary in a Trumps DOJ ??

The government is not some anonymous ballot or hooded group of priests.. everything in government has paperwork and a paper trail.. making it ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE, for someone to interfere with an investigation on hillary, without Trump knowing exactly who they are..

So what Sessions is covering up for her??!

Trumps oldest gop supporter?!?!

How the hell do people drink the koolaide so much that they allow him to constantly change his story.. and still sheeple on right behind him?!?!

That’s what happens when you base your political party on crazy conspiracy theories.. if you ever actually take power you have no one else to blame , so you eat yourself.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Per this report, McCabe's new date to appear is Tuesday, Dec. 19th, at 2:00 pm. And if his ass isn't there, Nunes is going to hit him with a subpoena and/or contempt citation.

The deadline of tomorrow for the documents is serious. The DOJ is literally about to get raided if they don't have those documents ready right now. I'm sure McCabe appreciates the optics of seeing Fox News airing "Breaking News" footage showing a team of congressional aids hauling boxes of documents out of the Justice Building.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You must have missed the time where sessions recused himself, making rosenstein the guy who isn't releasing the docs. Rosenstein wasn't trump's pick.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join